Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moo, let me help you with the critics!

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I totally agree with you. IMO the problem is that to many DJ's are producing music and not enough musicians. It's so easy to produce tracks with other people loops. Change the pitch and scale on a loop and you have a new sound. WOW. :blown:

Yes Acid Music is so much fun

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dancerbar

marco i was talking about richie santana

no disrespect to kirk, just my opinion

As you know Dancerbar, you and I are good friends, Me and Richie are also very very good friends, and i respect your opinion.

Kirk is STILL THE BEST DJ IN NEW JERSEY and the SHORE!!;)

Your still the man DANCER BAR.

MarcoMaxim

I totally agree with you. IMO the problem is that to many DJ's are producing music and not enough musicians. It's so easy to produce tracks with other people loops. Change the pitch and scale on a loop and you have a new sound. WOW. :blown:

dont forget all the PC producers, i agree george about remixes of classics or using a sample from a classic. but i wll say this in the last week or 2 i got 3 great remixes of duran duran classic,new order and someone else i forget. i usually :laugh: at most of these or say they lack creativity or orginality but sometimes they can work

yes, hip hop is also loopy but people can sing along.

Repititious tracks with no vocals = :zzz:

george but most tracks nowadays have so many elements in them, when i started to produce 10 yrs ago it was simple u could use 8 or 16 track to produce a house track. u had a basskick,drums,high hat, maybe a vocal snippet or sample, bassline,simple synth riff or piano riff. now u have tons of efx added on with processors and so on but im gettin off track to the thread

Originally posted by djqwest

And to Kirk, we've extended a number of invitations for you to be a part of mmradio, giving you the opportunity to showcase your music to those who otherwise wouldn't have the chance to hear you and for those faithful fans who have. You wouldn't have to compromise your style. The offer still stands...

Christopher Saylor

President/Founder

MetroMixRadio.com

csaylor@metromixradio.com

Isnt Kirk a little bit to Big of a DJ to be playing on MetroMixRadio??

Im not being a Dick, im seriously asking. Any of my close friends who are the BIGGER names in our scene have mentioned to me that what youve done with that web-site is Great...But more for of a site for newer DJ's to showcase their stuff. Whatever the case is...continued success with your web-site.

MarcoMaxim

Djs such as Victor Dinaire, MacGuyver, The Riddler, Mike Rizzo, Andrew Mendez, Denny Tsettos, Eddie Baez, and Jason Ojeda all participate... Metro Mix is about "The Best known and un-discovered djs in the greater tri-state area. We don't have them all yet, but we will eventually.

and how is Kirk "To big of a dj" for additional exposure?

Thanks.

Qwest.

Originally posted by marcomaxim

Im not being a Dick, im seriously asking. Any of my close friends who are the BIGGER names in our scene have mentioned to me that what youve done with that web-site is Great...But more for of a site for newer DJ's to showcase their stuff. Whatever the case is...continued success with your web-site.

MarcoMaxim

MarcoMaxim

i highly doubt kirk thinks hes to big cause he doesnt seem the type. if any dj thinks hes to big or the exposure wouldnt help they need to open their eyes. id love to hear ur big name dj friends, cause what metromix did for big or small names djs is a great thing and can only work as a posiive for those lookin to make it.

Originally posted by wakeup

i highly doubt kirk thinks hes to big cause he doesnt seem the type. if any dj thinks hes to big or the exposure wouldnt help they need to open their eyes. id love to hear ur big name dj friends, cause what metromix did for big or small names djs is a great thing and can only work as a posiive for those lookin to make it.

Kirk does not think that...I was stating that I think he might be to big to be on there.

As far as naming names, the many people who know me also know which DJ's im talking about. So you need to think about how you phrase things before your start typing (thats a suggestion).

MarcoMaxim

Kirk does not think that...I was stating that I think he might be to big to be on there.

As far as naming names, the many people who know me also know which DJ's im talking about. So you need to think about how you phrase things before your start typing (thats a suggestion).

MarcoMaxim

i know a couple of big names thats y i was wondering

It's not about how big you are or how big you may think you are, it's about delivering the music to the masses and being a part of the fastest growing online radio station and dance music community in the tri-state area and north east for that matter.

Qwest.

MarcoMaxim

The best DJ down the shore...actually, not just the shore, but in NJ is KIRK LOPEZ.

Ive never heard anyone say a bad thing about Kirk until some of the idiots on this board starting saying shit.

Kirk Lopez is THE JERSEY SHORE!!

If you ask any respected DJ in this area, i can assure you NOT ONE will say anything bad about Kirk. If anything, they will always PRAISE him. This guy is Greatly respected, but at times even a bit underrated. Most of the people that talk shit about Kirk Lopez cant even carry his records. All the idiots need to stop hating and start respecting. If not, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. ;)

MarcoMaxim

Yeah

i know a couple of big names thats y i was wondering

Well im sure we know many of the same people then. One or two might feel the same way you feel about the web-site, but i am sure more of our mutual friends would probably agree with me. In any case, i respect your opinion.

MarcoMaxim

Originally posted by themoo

CP METROMIX and NJGUIDO.....I think we have a job to do then. We can make a difference....I know my site has some big plans...Metromix does a great job with the music....Maybe the internet "scene" sites need to get more involved in supporting these labels and artists. NJGUIDO has plans

there's not enough support for producers IMO........and that where it all starts..........if the productions suck, the DJs don't have much to work with...........and I agree with whoever said before that too many DJs producing and not enough musicians.........many DJs are great producers but many just use their name to sell shit tracks.............right now everything is for the DJs, and the market is overflooded..........producers barely see the light of day unless they're exceptional or by the DJs themselves..........most of the people out there don't know or even care who actually made the tracks..........they give all the credit to the DJ...........sad IMO.

The tracks are made for djs to play so I can see how this could happen. Educating people is key, we do our very best at mmradio to provide our listeners and visitors with information on every mix they hear so they can identify the type of music, the producers, and the remix artist.

Knowledge is power.

Qwest.

Originally posted by tyco

there's not enough support for producers IMO........and that where it all starts..........if the productions suck, the DJs don't have much to work with...........and I agree with whoever said before that too many DJs producing and not enough musicians.........many DJs are great producers but many just use their name to sell shit tracks.............right now everything is for the DJs, and the market is overflooded..........producers barely see the light of day unless they're exceptional or by the DJs themselves..........most of the people out there don't know or even care who actually made the tracks..........they give all the credit to the DJ...........sad IMO.

Originally posted by kirklop

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

You are 100% correct. :D

MarcoMaxim

So your friend Richie Santana "belittled" himself to come do a guest spot on my show a few weeks back--

So Denny's sanctuary rebroadcast isnt big?

So Teo T's new mix on metro mix isnt a big thing?

those are your friends right? Like Qwest said--MetroMix offers music from the big names, the up and comers and even some of the bedroom guys who got skills but just dont play anywhere. It also offers a community where people can hear your stuff and find out more about you as well as interact and give feedback.

IMO Kirk should be on Metro Mix and i'll keep busting his balls till he is.

I dont think you meant to try and come off the way you did--maybe u dont fully know about metro mix and what it is? :confused:

Mike

Originally posted by djmikebugout

So your friend Richie Santana "belittled" himself to come do a guest spot on my show a few weeks back--

So Denny's sanctuary rebroadcast isnt big?

So Teo T's new mix on metro mix isnt a big thing?

those are your friends right? Like Qwest said--MetroMix offers music from the big names, the up and comers and even some of the bedroom guys who got skills but just dont play anywhere. It also offers a community where people can hear your stuff and find out more about you as well as interact and give feedback.

IMO Kirk should be on Metro Mix and i'll keep busting his balls till he is.

I dont think you meant to try and come off the way you did--maybe u dont fully know about metro mix and what it is? :confused:

Mike

Don't forget about DJLIQID. Now he is big.

but i wll say this in the last week or 2 i got 3 great remixes of duran duran classic

Two Breed - Save a Prayer?

not my style but my boy picked this up last week...not bad if you like that techy/trancey style...not my preference personally. "dont say a prayer for me now...save it til the morning after".....original rocked backed in the day

Originally posted by carusomaas12

Two Breed - Save a Prayer?

not my style but my boy picked this up last week...not bad if you like that techy/trancey style...not my preference personally. "dont say a prayer for me now...save it til the morning after".....original rocked backed in the day

nope not it

qwest, in the fall i'll have the time to submit a show.........at bunka i don't play rap because we have toro in the hip hop room..

why should producers spend money on studio time when the producer cannot get paid for their tracks.......or the track leaks and everybody who may potentionally buy it won't because they have had it a month already before the label releases it......this is creating a hugh void..............educating people is not key when you have a room full of people who do not want to be educated..