Clubplanet Nightlife Community

1996 C4 vs 1997 C5.....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

I'm looking to buy a vette...

Money is tight.. Has to be under 20k

like to be under 16k.... but 20k is doable..

so 1995 i would consider but i like a newer one..

so the 97-96 is almost the same price...

what should i do???

I still like the c4's a lot... and the 97 is ok to me, but the 97 is a much better car, but then 97 is the first model year and you shouldn't buy a first year car etc....

who owns a vette here???

i used to own a c3... i'm familiar with most of the generations though... (yes, even though i own a kraut car now, i'm a vette lover)

the C4's are solid... especially the later years... the early ones had problems with their digital dash...

personally, i love digital dashes... so the interior of the C4 is cool to me... the outside, however, leaves something to be desired...

i mean, don't get me wrong, theres some nicely done ones... but if you look at the C3s and the C5s... they have so much curvage... the c4 is very plain in comparison...

the ZR1's are really nice, as are the grandsport... but the GS is gonna jack the price up, and the ZR1's are hard to find... (don't know how hard, thats just what i hear...)

if you haven't already, checkout corvetteforum.com

the c5s are extremely nice... i was considering a early c5 before i bought my TT... if i lived somewhere it didn't snow and other things were different, i may have bought it... they are a work of art inside and out...

parts for the LS1 are cheap and plentiful...

you really can't go wrong either way, but personally i'd go C5...

Guest saleen351

c5 would probaly have higher miles for the same price as a c4 with lower miles... thus my problem...

Originally posted by saleen351

c5 would probaly have higher miles for the same price as a c4 with lower miles... thus my problem...

whats the average lifespan on a LT1 Vs a LS1?

if the ls1 has a good lifespan, i'd go c5... plus you're probably gonna end up ripping it open and building it up anyway...

the c5 has a lot of technology behind it... plus creature comforts, and just a classier look inside & out...

go bargain hunting for c5s and see how well you can do... i think you'll enjoy the c5 more...

Enjoy a C5. It's an infinitely more capable platform with well thought-out ergonomics and better balance.

Besides, they might just have recalls and warranty info on the C5, especially if they're problems addressed in later revisions.

Get on a vette board and ask around. C5's are quite potent.

c4's areso unrefined compared to c5's. If your used to shitty gm ergonomics then the c5 is the shit for you , my bieest gripe was the interior , the ls1 is a dope motor , the styling is gorgeous in my opinion. The c4's are just dated compared to c5's

Originally posted by saleen351

when the C6 hits will the 97's tank in price???

most likely... if you can hold out till then, i'd recommend it...

plus a lot of C5 owners will be dumping their C5's to get C6's...