Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howells?

xlr8ted

Tried to find some of you, but its kinda hard when I have no clue what anyone looks like.. I wasn't about to ask "are you stymie, are you Kaydup.."...

I did have an ok time tho... Wasn't all that impressed w/ his set.... I was expecting alot more energy, but that it was lacking... Some good tracks towards the end of the night... I wish I had seen him somewhere else for my first time.. Oh well, had fun, and found the mens room w/ no problem...

they let you in the mens room? must have been low on security friday night

energy does not = quality, but thats what everyone is brainwashed to believe in this city.

his first hour was fucking lush as hell. lots o drums and bongos and ass shakin groovy beats. perfect start to his set. transition tracks from there to upbeat was a bit rough but the rest of the night was kwal-a-tee. not bad considering united lost all his luggage AGAIN :mad:

why does united airlines have to ruin the friday thread :mad: fuckers

I was def. feeling the vibe all night... Layed down some nice beats throughout the whole night, towards the end turned it up a notch.. Just sux that boston is closed down at 2am, especially when you get someone like howells, when you know you could last all night/morning... He must feel like Avalon is a p/t gig, compared to a 7-9 hr set...

They lost his records?

his avalon sets are not a true representation of what he normally/would want to spin. most dj's fall into this category. his set was dumbed down/anthemed up whatever you want to call it...and condensed for 3 hours.

the airline delivered none of his stuff. all he had was his carry on backup cd's and a few vinyls.

Originally posted by teamj5

his avalon sets are not a true representation of what he normally/would want to spin. most dj's fall into this category. his set was dumbed down/anthemed up whatever you want to call it...and condensed for 3 hours. .

All the DJ's that I have seen @ Avalon have been like that, sux b/c you know and are expecting alot more, but know your never going to get it @ Avalon IMO. I seen Judge Jules a year or two ago, and he was IMO insane, or insane for Avalon... Some would think differently, but I felt as tho, he was one of the better sets I have witnessed at Avalon

howells forgets his records at every show he does it seems...

i think had he not released 24:7 then the set would have been awesome because all the good tracks seemed to be from that cd.

Originally posted by groovefire

After a set like that, exactly like the one @ Red in Paris except that Groovefire opened with their Summer Mix set, I was beat. No afterhours for me.

You missed Pissha beef jerky.... Pick up the new car yet?

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Congrats, nothing better than a new car!!!!!

Nothing. I feel like a 10 year old right after Christmas. I toss and turn all night because I cannot wait until the morning when I can play with my new toy again. It's also like dating a hot stripper.