Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JoeG Pics

you people are forgeting the cheapest way to fix understear and over steer...

change the psi's in the fucking tires....

btw : sorry to crap on you cintron, but audi's awd system isnt all that bad. quattros been winning for like the past 3-5 years? on the lemans

cintron. btw : another one to add on that list of great awd car is the celica all track or gt-4... that car has been around, but dont really get reconized....

btw : gsr and the evo is a totally different cat. the evo has soo much more hi-tech shit in it. electronical lsd to start... sorry to tell you joeg but all the shit that the gsr is built on is shit from the evo 2-3. mitsu may be using the same block, but doesnt mean its the same shit...

im not sure, but i think the evo also has myvac

just like the wrx, sti has avvsc (sp?) same shit as myvac

but i dont think that the audi awd can be in the same league as subaru, mitsubishi, etc... why? i dont think their awd or cars can handle wrc, baija runs, etc...

Originally posted by atomicapples

btw : sorry to crap on you cintron, but audi's awd system isnt all that bad. quattros been winning for like the past 3-5 years? on the lemans

yes, but the similarities between a race-prepped Quattro drivetrain and the street version Quattro drivetrain end with the name "quattro."

Who cares what kind of serious AWD drivetrain it is, if the car is heavy as balls, has clumsy suspension geometry and corners like a tank?

again... please view the SCC article. The EVO mopped the floor with the S4. I laughed for a long time. ;)

the s4 is a boat compared to the TT, i've driven both... i almost bought the s4... but it was just too big for my taste... plus the s4 weighs like 3800... as opposed to the TT's 3200 (basically the same as the STi/EVO)

the S4 is more like a 3000gt...

tony: for the love of god, its gsX not R... ;)

and yes the evo has "electronicAL" lsd and some other new tech stuff... that shit just wasn't around 4 or 5 years ago when the GSX production ended...

i'm not that familiar with the EVOs and Stis... whats "myvac"?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by sh0rtbus

how come no one ask's for sh0rtbus to answer a wrx question....apples doesn't even drive his car ;)

thanks, you're new thats why i didnt think to ask you. dont worry, you'll get some questions thrown your way from now on.

on a side note, i want to hear what your super horn sounds like. :)

Originally posted by joeg

speaking of whacky technology... i figured i'd throw this out there:

Audi/VW ESP

This is a thread about how cars handle when being pushed to their limits. ESP is for clumsy drivers who can't counter oversteer by themselves. Sure... lets let the robot drive the fuckin car. :rolleyes:

:jacked:

I drove the entire C class of Mercedes last Sunday at the http://www.c-spotdriveparty.com at Englishtown, NJ. They had the traction control and ESP taped up so you couldn't disable them. BORING to drive, let me tell you. Car cuts power around every corner before it even gets hairy. Of the following cars the E320 sport 4matic was the most fun, basically because of the rwd. I was actually able to get the back out a bit and slide it around.. I did get yelled at... "what? 20mph speed limit?" They the whole boring C class there all in sportshift or whatever they call it. C230, C320, wagons, 1.8 coupes, kompressors. On the 3rd course they had a driver take u out on a nice big autocross track style course in a C32.. fast car.. To save the tires they put 60/45 psi, defientely not the best for grip.

Anyway.. i'm done... main stream luxury car ESP sucks balls. Unless the fancy electronics are controlling the differential, it sucks. The fastest way to take a corner is not by applying the brakes mid corner. Right Eric? :cool:

it sucks on warm days, but its kinda cool if the weather sucks...

you can turn it off for track use...

its definately a cool feature to have, though...

and this thread is NOT about how cars handle when pushed to their limits... its about a few pics of my grill, and this whole mass of stupid arguing somehow errupted from that... :confsued:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by joeg

it sucks on warm days, but its kinda cool if the weather sucks...

you can turn it off for track use...

its definately a cool feature to have, though...

and this thread is NOT about how cars handle when pushed to their limits... its about a few pics of my grill, and this whole mass of stupid arguing somehow errupted from that... :confsued:

well the pictures did suck. :tongue: