Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JoeG Pics

225hp, 27k miles i think

Notes: That exhaust is just plain retarded... nice crimp in the rear section. Audis suck, the interior is damn nice.. but i have a lot of issues with them when it comes to working on these cars. Don't even bother with anything unless u have a full set of torx bits.

The $200 grill turned out to be a piece of shit, doesn't fit at ALL.

20k miles, its a 2001 TT Quatro Coupe (225)...

that grill fucking sucks... and i'm pissed about it...

and that crushed exhaust pipe is a nice audi innovation... ;) atleast i know putting in an exhaust will yield nice results...

and yeah, its a bitch to work on... my hands are all cut up right now... every time i mod, i get more bruises/cuts on my hands...

inconvenience aside, i love the car... and every time i mod it, i like it more...

Originally posted by joeg

thats a very nice inaccurate, 2nd hand insult ya got there...

;) muahahahahaha.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

does a beetle have all wheel drive and 225hp?

next.

You're right.

It's got 180hp and FWD... and the same amount of voracious understeer as that joke of an AWD system creates.

;) I hate TiTTies and theres nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. Joe used to be just another car enthusiast, now he's a target.

Originally posted by ou812

Who took those pictures? Stevie Wonder?

They aren't pictures of the car. They are pictures of the front grill to show the monkeys who made it that it doesn't fit.

I would assume most ppl know what a stock TT looks like. ;)

Guest jroo

so are you gonna put the olympic rings back on the new grill, or what? after you get it straightened out of course.

Originally posted by jroo

so are you gonna put the olympic rings back on the new grill, or what? after you get it straightened out of course.

nope... i like the car completely debadged...

cintron: can't the understeer be corrected with suspension mods?

Originally posted by joeg

cintron: can't the understeer be corrected with suspension mods?

NO. DIE JOE DIE!!!

;) j/k.

To a degree yes i'm sure you can fix a ton of things with items such as coilovers, swaybars, etc... but it's all about what happens when you press the Go pedal again. If you're in a hard corner and you jiggle the throttle, will the car push or will it spin.

you really oughta take the car to an autoX and see for yourself how ugly these things can be in stock form on a tight corner. After that, you'll know what needs to be done.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by cintron

NO. DIE JOE DIE!!!

;) j/k.

To a degree yes i'm sure you can fix a ton of things with items such as coilovers, swaybars, etc... but it's all about what happens when you press the Go pedal again. If you're in a hard corner and you jiggle the throttle, will the car push or will it spin.

you really oughta take the car to an autoX and see for yourself how ugly these things can be in stock form on a tight corner. After that, you'll know what needs to be done.

i know this girl that races her tt at summet point all the time and loves the way her car handles. im pretty sure she has it stock, i dont know. with AWD, just power through the turns, the car drives better the more aggressive you are. i have never autocrossed, but ive done enough terrorizing on the streets to know how to take 90 degree power slide turns.

i know this girl that races her tt at summet point all the time and loves the way her car handles. im pretty sure she has it stock, i dont know. with AWD, just power through the turns, the car drives better the more aggressive you are. i have never autocrossed, but ive done enough terrorizing on the streets to know how to take 90 degree power slide turns.

Yes and no...

There are many AWD platforms I wouldn't park in my garage. Not all AWD systems are created equal anyway. There are a few AWD systems that are FWD by default and when the computer senses slippage is transfers power to the rear. Ex: Most Hondas, some Volvos. Any AWD system where the engine in mounted traversely does not interest me. Sucks for weight distribution, and u know its not the greatest awd system out there.

Subaru mounts their engines longitudinally, front to back. Better for weight distribution, the flat 4 or 6 gives the car a lower center of gravity as well.

I've never pushed an Audi, Honda, or Volvo AWD to its limits.. so I can't say this from personal experience. But I do see how it all makes sense. You can't find these things out on the street, conduct your own research on an autox course or open parking lot. The keyword on all stock cars from the factory is UNDERSTEER UNDERSTEER UNDERSTEER! Otherwise car companies would be sued out the ass. All factory production cars understeer when taking a curve off the pedals. The big whoopeedoo is what happens when you put the pedal down going around a curve.. at what point does the rear come around?

JoeG - see u at the next autocross, then come back and tell us what you think of the TT.

Guest jroo

ehhhh, you ever driven a wrx? you turn the wheel hard enough and accerelate mid turn. start the turn a little before the actuall turn too. ive never had a problem bringing out the back end. hey atomic what's the rex set up as, like 60% front wheel drive and 40% rear? im not sure. maybe you're just not going fast enough to slide out the back. ive never had a problem though. i need to get on a track so bad. ive finally calmmed down on the streets so i wont get in trouble. now i need a track.

ehhhh, you ever driven a wrx? you turn the wheel hard enough and accerelate mid turn. start the turn a little before the actuall turn too. ive never had a problem bringing out the back end. hey atomic what's the rex set up as, like 60% front wheel drive and 40% rear? im not sure. maybe you're just not going fast enough to slide out the back. ive never had a problem though. i need to get on a track so bad. ive finally calmmed down on the streets so i wont get in trouble. now i need a track.

WRX is on my list of cars i need to drive. I have a decent shot at being an autocross instructor for the novice drivers next season, that should give me a good opporunity to check out a whole slew of cars.

Originally posted by teklord310

Yes and no...

There are many AWD platforms I wouldn't park in my garage. Not all AWD systems are created equal anyway. There are a few AWD systems that are FWD by default and when the computer senses slippage is transfers power to the rear.

*cough* TT *cough*

Originally posted by teklord310

Any AWD system where the engine in mounted traversely does not interest me. Sucks for weight distribution, and u know its not the greatest awd system out there.

So therefore the EVO 8 is a piece of shit with a sucky AWD system eh? *sigh*

When I think of "Damn good AWD systems", three cars come into mind: [that aren't considered exotics]

Nissan Skyline R34

Subaru WRX STi

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8

Cars that failed to make the list:

3000GT

Eclipse GSX [though it does get an honorable mention]

Volvo Anything

Pickup trucks

Audi TT's or Audi anythings.

for my reasoning, please refer to the current issue of Sport Compact Car and the ensuing road test between the Porsche Carrera C4S, BMW M3, Audi S4 and... suprise suprise, the Mitsu EVO 8.

Originally posted by cintron

[bSo therefore the EVO 8 is a piece of shit with a sucky AWD system eh? *sigh*

When I think of "Damn good AWD systems", three cars come into mind: [that aren't considered exotics]

Nissan Skyline R34

Subaru WRX STi

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8

Cars that failed to make the list:

3000GT

Eclipse GSX [though it does get an honorable mention]

Volvo Anything

Pickup trucks

Audi TT's or Audi anythings.

Ok so there are exceptions... (EVO8) but not too many. Is there a link to that article in SCC?