Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Nourishment

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Ladies, is that a banana in your pockets or are you just glad to see me?

I got that backwards, didn't I. :confused:

i don't wanna know what kinda 'ladies' you been hanging out with.

find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place...

Originally posted by kken

i don't wanna know what kinda 'ladies' you been hanging out with.

find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place...

I finally got around to mailing your CDs out. I realized I could've just dropped them off at your place. You live like a mile from my office. :shaky:

I finally got around to mailing your CDs out. I realized I could've just dropped them off at your place. You live like a mile from my office. :shaky:

Are you still spinning at Felix on Saturdays?

Nice. You think Mia Hamm would like to be a DJ whore for a night? :D

I'm sure she would, in fact she's probably planning it as we speak. She's picking out her skimpiest little outfit, she probably won't even play in her game on Sat. so she can rest and give it her all at Felix. I've only seen her out once and tell you the truth she wasn't that great by any means, obviously I wouldn't kick her out of my bed or anything but she doesn't make your jaw drop either.

Originally posted by pgiddy

I'm sure she would, in fact she's probably planning it as we speak. She's picking out her skimpiest little outfit, she probably won't even play in her game on Sat. so she can rest and give it her all at Felix. I've only seen her out once and tell you the truth she wasn't that great by any means, obviously I wouldn't kick her out of my bed or anything but she doesn't make your jaw drop either.

Will Nomaaahhhhh be there???

Originally posted by teriaki

Will Nomaaahhhhh be there???

I know the red sox are playing in Baltimore on Friday so her and bunch of others are going there. I guess it depends on the red sox schedule, if they're still in town then it's possible, hopefully not, because I HATE the red sox and him. They worship him up there, please Jeter is so much better, he doesn't even compare:blown:

I know the red sox are playing in Baltimore on Friday so her and bunch of others are going there. I guess it depends on the red sox schedule, if they're still in town then it's possible, hopefully not, because I HATE the red sox and him. They worship him up there, please Jeter is so much better, he doesn't even compare:blown:

The Sox have a 1:35 Sunday game, so I don't imagine Nomah will be out for long (if at all).

Uhm... let's not even get into the numbers, my friend. Jeter is not better.

The Sox have a 1:35 Sunday game, so I don't imagine Nomah will be out for long (if at all).

Uhm... let's not even get into the numbers, my friend. Jeter is not better.

yes lets get into numbers, I just ran some #'s since 1997

Jeter Nomah

HR 117 121

RBI 556 444

SB 167 58

Avg. 317 .332

Do we need to go into championships?? please say yes

yes lets get into numbers, I just ran some #'s since 1997

Jeter Nomah

HR 117 121

RBI 556 444

SB 167 58

Avg. 317 .332

Do we need to go into championships?? please say yes

Unfortunately, I'm a little busy at work to get into a real numbers debate. We'll have to bring this back up later.

You're using really antiquated and obsolete metrics to determine who is better. Try using some of the Sabermetrics fundamentals and it's a different story.

Metrics such as OPS, runs created, and runs to wins ratio is much more interesting to look at. Also, just remove stolen bases from your list. Stolen bases have been proven as meaningless.

Unfortunately, I'm a little busy at work to get into a real numbers debate. We'll have to bring this back up later.

You're using really antiquated and obsolete metrics to determine who is better. Try using some of the Sabermetrics fundamentals and it's a different story.

Metrics such as OPS, runs created, and runs to wins ratio is much more interesting to look at. Also, just remove stolen bases from your list. Stolen bases have been proven as meaningless.

or we could just fuck the sabremetrics fundamentals and look at championships and awards?

or we could just fuck the sabremetrics fundamentals and look at championships and awards?

No, because even Mark Madsen has three championships with the Lakers. Bums get rings too. (No, that isn't to say Jeter's a bum.)

No, because even Mark Madsen has three championships with the Lakers. Bums get rings too. (No, that isn't to say Jeter's a bum.)

I don't know, I just don't see you winning this argument? He *MIGHT* be better defensively, but that's about it. Yes stolen bases definitely do count, it's much better to have a guy on second then first anyway you look at it. He has a better chance of scoring, more runs scored=better chance of winning, more wins=playoffs, and if your the Yankees playoffs=championship.

Nomar put up those numbers with a far inferior supporting cast to Jeter. The numbers mean more for Nomar than Jeter. That's not to say that if they were in the others' shoes, it would be the opposite. But given the current circumstances, Nomar's ability to put up those numbers make him the better player in my book.

I don't know, I just don't see you winning this argument? He *MIGHT* be better defensively, but that's about it. Yes stolen bases definitely do count, it's much better to have a guy on second then first anyway you look at it. He has a better chance of scoring, more runs scored=better chance of winning, more wins=playoffs, and if your the Yankees playoffs=championship.

...like last year? or the year before that?

Jeter scores more runs because he hits in the 2 slot and he's got Giambi and Bernie behind him. Nomar hits for a better avg. and is a better RBI guy.

Your numbers are also skewed because Nomar missed 140 games in 2001.

Yes stolen bases definitely do count, it's much better to have a guy on second then first anyway you look at it.

That's absolutely untrue.

The stolen base is an overrated weapon, in general, because most players get caught too often to make the gamble worth it. As Bobby Valentine puts it:

"I think the idea of risk/reward is what we deal with in our society. To risk an out, and your reward is only a base, I think is not quite what we want to do. It's not good economics of baseball."

don't worry there is enough Nomah cock for all of you, don't try and do one up on each other. Yes all very valid points, it's a close call, but I personally think Jeter is better, plus fenway park is more hitter friendly. I would love to carry this on for a few more hours, but I have to catch my train to Philly right now.