Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hi...I hate baseball...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

yes..this is true...i cant beleive this is considered a sport...chess players sweat more

Baseball players are incredible athletes. Look at Mo Vaughn, Steve Bechler, and John Kruk. All in the best of shape.:laugh:

Originally posted by someclown

Baseball players are incredible athletes. Look at Mo Vaughn, Steve Bechler, and John Kruk. All in the best of shape.:laugh:

I'd like to see you hit a 97 mph fastball with a crazy top-spin to it..

Or a knuckle-curve with just the right kick to plop into the catcher's glove hitting the strikezone right as it passes home plate.

Or one of the Rocket's famous "Mr. Splitty", etc..

Baseball players might not be in the best shape of all the pro-sports, but don't degrade it as if anyone could just go and play major league baseball. :rolleyes:

P.S. That goes for you too Serg. :nono:

Originally posted by Codica3

I'd like to see you hit a 97 mph fastball with a crazy top-spin to it..

Or a knuckle-curve with just the right kick to plop into the catcher's glove hitting the strikezone right as it passes home plate.

Or one of the Rocket's famous "Mr. Splitty", etc..

save ur breath...most of these guys couldnt hit a softball with a guitar...:tongue:

yeh..but i can sink 15-20 footers with ease..run up an down a court for 45 mins...dribble..pass without looking...etc etc..and that takes a hell of a lot more skill than swingin at some ball ..

whenever u ready let me know...i still think i can throw a modest 85-88 mph fastball....and if u hit my curve, DRINKS ON ME!!!:D

and that takes a hell of a lot more skill than swingin at some ball ..

I know a shitload of people who would disagree with you..

And I'm talking about professional athletes..

I was watching a game about 3 weeks ago on ESPN and they were talking about one of the hardest things to do in sports..

And it was voted in some poll one time by other professionals that hitting a baseball (and we're talking about hitting a baseball WELL like the major league players do) is one of the hardest things there is to do.

Don't hate. :mad:

yes..this is true...i cant beleive this is considered a sport...chess players sweat more

:laugh: r u serious? :laugh:

baseball can be xciting if MLB can market their players/sport like the NFL and NBA does. Such a shame, there was a time people couldnt wait to call in sick to attend day games...no more :(

I know a shitload of people who would disagree with you..

And I'm talking about professional athletes..

I was watching a game about 3 weeks ago on ESPN and they were talking about one of the hardest things to do in sports..

And it was voted in some poll one time by other professionals that hitting a baseball (and we're talking about hitting a baseball WELL like the major league players do) is one of the hardest things there is to do.

Don't hate. :mad:

Just because they possess a "skill", like being able to generate enough bat speed to hit a fastball, or even to throw a good fastball (or curveball), doesn't mean that they are great athletes. Some are of course (probably even most major leaguers are great athletes), but they don't need to be great athletes to play baseball (unlike football players, basketball players, hockey players, etc.)

Don't worry though, I think I'm just being grouchy--I'm really just a beaten-down Mets fan.:(

Originally posted by someclown

Don't worry though, I think I'm just being grouchy--I'm really just a beaten-down Mets fan.:(

Even though I hate the Mets.. I find some kind of respect for their fans.. it's not easy being devoted to a team that doesn't live up to the hopes of their fans all the time. It's not easy rooting for the underdogs. :)

Even though I hate the Mets.. I find some kind of respect for their fans.. it's not easy being devoted to a team that doesn't live up to the hopes of their fans all the time. It's not easy rooting for the underdogs. :)

ass:tongue:

cubs fan have been doing that for way longer