Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Verizon cell phone deals

I need a new phone. Are there any deals right now? I'm elligible to get a new phone at the discounted rate with a plan since i renewed over 9 months ago or whatever it is.

What do you guys suggest? My friend works at Motorola and says the T720 is a piece of shit and will be discontinued shortly.

i like my T720, but verizon is supposedly coming out with two way radio real soon (they already got approval for a V60 phone with an added push to talk button from the FCC) that should be out whever the service debuts. I'd wait another month or so if i were you, plus if your not happy with verizon, Nextel is coming out with 6 new phones in september

I have the LG VX4400 - It is a cute litte color flip phone. It is said to have a slightly longer battery life then the T720. I love the phone but I need to get the bigger battery... If this lasts long, I can't imagine howcrappy the T720 is.

i have a v60 or something.. it is really annoying because you can only talk for like one hour on a full battery. even if it is plugged in you can only talk for a little more than an hour, then it dies. it was getting so frustrating i had to buy a car charger. my old samsung i could talk for hours & have it on but not in use for days. i think i need a super charged battery.

i personally think the whole 2 way thing is stupid. why use 2 way when you can have mobil to mobil minutes?? i pay 3$ or so a month and i get 500 minutes to any verizon customer... i dont even come close to using all 500, the radio would be good if you could use it to contact anyone with radio (like nextel people & verizon people) for nothing, otherwise it is dumb. oh also, 2 way sucks because you cant talk when you want to, you have to wait and hold the button, it is a pain in the ass... i used it like 2x and the whole time i just wanted to hang up because it is not a nice way to have a conversation, it is annoying.

Originally posted by somebitch

i have a v60 or something.. it is really annoying because you can only talk for like one hour on a full battery. even if it is plugged in you can only talk for a little more than an hour, then it dies. it was getting so frustrating i had to buy a car charger. my old samsung i could talk for hours & have it on but not in use for days. i think i need a super charged battery.

i personally think the whole 2 way thing is stupid. why use 2 way when you can have mobil to mobil minutes?? i pay 3$ or so a month and i get 500 minutes to any verizon customer... i dont even come close to using all 500, the radio would be good if you could use it to contact anyone with radio (like nextel people & verizon people) for nothing, otherwise it is dumb. oh also, 2 way sucks because you cant talk when you want to, you have to wait and hold the button, it is a pain in the ass... i used it like 2x and the whole time i just wanted to hang up because it is not a nice way to have a conversation, it is annoying.

id like to plug you with my super charged battery

I work for Verizon Wireless. Right now I would say that the VX6000 is the phone to have. I just got mine and I love it. 262K color screen, more than any other phone out there now plus a camera phone. It has loads of features. It is very clear and gets great reception.

If you need advice, PM me...

I have pretty much tested and used every phone we sell. I won't BS you.

Originally posted by teklord310

I need a new phone. Are there any deals right now? I'm elligible to get a new phone at the discounted rate with a plan since i renewed over 9 months ago or whatever it is.

What do you guys suggest? My friend works at Motorola and says the T720 is a piece of shit and will be discontinued shortly.

Hi, I own a Verizon store in jersey if you need an upgrade u can call us and we ship it out to you, and will beat any deal ou there.

732-220-8300.

Originally posted by clubrat98

What does everyone think of T-Mobile??

T-Mobile, the service formally known as Voice Stream, the service formally known as Omni Point.

Bad sign that they keep changing their name.

But at least they don't borrow your car without asking, empty the gas tank, leave all kinds of garbage inside, and urinate on the hood, the way Sprint PCS does.

Originally posted by groovefire

T-Mobile, the service formally known as Voice Stream, the service formally known as Omni Point.

Bad sign that they keep changing their name.

But at least they don't borrow your car without asking, empty the gas tank, leave all kinds of garbage inside, and urinate on the hood, the way Sprint PCS does.

actually the name changes were all because they kept buying up smaller GSM companies and expanding their network, so the name changes just meant that the company was successful and making money and expanding ;)

Originally posted by berniec

actually the name changes were all because they kept buying up smaller GSM companies and expanding their network, so the name changes just meant that the company was successful and making money and expanding ;)

That makes a lot of sense..."We're doing so well, developed so much good will, let's change our name so no knows who we are."

What next, Krispy Kreme's gonna secretly change their name to Dumbass Donuts?

Please. :blank:

I work for t-mobile, they've changed they're name becuase they've been aquire by Deustch Telecome (one of the worlds largest GSM companies) as far as I'm concern with have the best GSM roaming capabilities out of all the cell phone companies..

I have a samsung s105, one of the best phones i've ever owned, with the included extended battery i get up to almost 2 1/2 hrs of talk time

i have verizon familyshare, only $20/ month nationwide.

i tried other phones like sprint & voicestream & they didn't have as broad a range as verizon. they don't connect in areas that you expect would have a connection.

i don't like verizon but it's a decent rate.

Originally posted by teklord310

I will agree verizon does have alot more coverage then t-mobile does as far as roaming across the US, but I do think they're rates are a bit expensive, I don't have an employee account beacuswe I started my line before I was employed by tmobile, but I pay 39.99 600 whenever, unlimited nights and weekends, free roaming and long distance,

Originally posted by crizface

I will agree verizon does have alot more coverage then t-mobile does as far as roaming across the US, but I do think they're rates are a bit expensive, I don't have an employee account beacuswe I started my line before I was employed by tmobile, but I pay 39.99 600 whenever, unlimited nights and weekends, free roaming and long distance,

Thats what i just got, I hope i get good service particulary in NYC LI and NJ. I got the motorola T-722i ( i think that the one, its in color and has an detachable camera.

Verizon is the best so far. My 1st cell phone was Sprint and their service sucks!! then i tried Omni Point, Voicestream, T-Mobile whatever you wanna call it and it was ok until i decided to cancel it because my bills were always incorrect and had to call them constantly, very annonying and then they wanted to charge me cancellation fee after being w/ them more than a yr!!!! now i have verizon :D :D :aright: :aright: