djdekan

Will You Support Those Techno Dj's On Thursdays  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Support Those Techno Dj's On Thursdays

• Yes, There All The Time 3 to 4 times a Month
    • No, Not during the week
    • Yes, Once a Month
    • Occassionally

a party during a workweek imo won't work. for one people work during the week, and making it to work the day after an event will be a struggle. Yes I know backdoor bamby is during the week, however it’s at the beginning of the week, and that makes quite a difference. secondly techno does not really have a big audience in south florida. thus it’s going to take some enticing, and very progressive promotion to grab people’s attention. if you have the event during the week, there is less likelihood this will happen. IMO go for a Friday, and build your niche there. :)

Ideal day for a weekday party IMO is Thurs. seemed that was always the case in my experiences...its closer to the weekend and we all know Fridays are generally more relaxed in the wokrplace then the rest of the week. Easier to cope with recovery.

But of course if a Friday could be secured it would mske it lot more convenient.

Originally posted by lyrik

I disagree...I've lived in Houston, Dallas and Chicago and all had a great party during the week...its all about great talent, cheap prices and good promotion.

miami is a whole different ball game. crobar in particular use to do a weekly party on wednesday night. the name of the party I can't remember, but I'm sure Pod or Ramon will remember. anyway they brought in digweed, deep dish, etc. after a few months the party was done. also keep in mind thursday on the beach, is very hip-hop oriented, and even those events are having problems filling the house. if a Thursday were the only opinion, then I would do it once a month. allowing adequate time to aggressively promote, and for people to perhaps adjust their Friday work schedule.

Originally posted by sobeton

miami is a whole different ball game. crobar in particular use to do a weekly party on wednesday night. the name of the party I can't remember, but I'm sure Pod or Ramon will remember. anyway they brought in digweed, deep dish, etc. after a few months the party was done. also keep in mind thursday on the beach, is very hip-hop oriented, and even those events are having problems filling the house. if a Thursday were the only opinion, then I would do it once a month. allowing adequate time to aggressively promote, and for people to perhaps adjust their Friday work schedule.

Right on ! ........ DOING it once a month and seeing how it goes is probably the best way to approach this idea .

Guest saleen351

techno belongs at 3am on sat nights...

this party during the week is a dumb idea...

who can listen to techno then wake up and go to work?? not me.......

plus during the week is social partying...meeting chicks, drinking with co workers etc... not doing drugs and hearing techno at 1583745987 decibles....

do it friday or sat or don't do it at all...

i know for a FACT that i will NOT be able to make these parties...and i really would love to support Techno and get a good party going...but like i told Stryke a weekday party is outta the question for many...and i am one of those...i say a Friday party...

Unfortunately, I'm unable to support during the week parties... i get up to early.

Friday or Saturday... bring it!!:eek:

Too bad a little club in Laudy wouldn't do a techno/techy-house party occassionally... like Allure. It's not the best club, but it would be cool to rock it out.

:)

Well, maybe some of u will agree...

I am all for having this party on a Friday or a Saturday (Def not on a weekday), and to begin it coud be once a month.. That will allow for booking goood talent for each party. then if it is succesful enough and starts drawing a good crowd, have it 2ice a month...

As far as Where... well, It is obvious that Space has its style defined as the Miami disneyworld, so eff that, crobar has the next big landmark spot on the beach.. they have a great system, but im not sure if the directives would embrace this concept and veer off the mainstream, mass drawing pattern they follow as the city's next big thing...

That is why i beleive MAZE would be an Awesome place to have these parties. I havent really been to maze in a while.. not because i dont like it or anything, i actually love that space, but they just never seem to have the right person on the right night. In my particular case, It always seems to end up as my 3rd option, i mean i am not a venue slave, I follow the DJ's and they rarely end up at Maze... with the right blend of promotion, and working out a good timing, the guys at Maze can differentiate themselves from the miami cookie-cutter trend and be the pioneers in a big Techno night.. I am sure it would be the case to many as for myself, that Maze would become an additional alternative instead of the third option for trance and local talent... Let the monopolists (S34) have it and Differentiate!!

what do u guys think... eddy?

MP3. :smoke: