Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think this is possible???

sotuorlando

I honeslty believe Miami is being too closed minded right now to accept a Breaks party. Im speaking for the masses in general. The beach is favoring the Miami House sound and more Hip-hop events every week.

The best place is Ft. Lauderdale. If you have the right promotions team, DJ's, and venue; the word will spread North and South and you can draw from both directions. Do this on a Saturday night and you won't have much competition.

Hopefully this happens! Good Luck!

You see that is one of the things I disagreed with my friends on. I dont think the beach is favoring anything right now, aside from the true music enthusiasts like CP'ers or some people that go to Nerve, Maze, or Crobar to see a good DJ. I think that the only thing people in the BEACH favor is Glitz, Glamour, and where is the IN place to be tonight. That's why I said if you come up FIRST with the IN club and then implement Breaks into this club that everyone wants to be at I think it might work. For example imagine if Mynt, Prive, or Nikki Beach played striclty breaks from the Grand Opening, do you think they would of succeded...Of course, because the majority of people in SOBE go to the club and adapt to the music.

Erik I can tell you like Breaks, is it me or is there nothing like a girl shaking her ass and bobbing her head to a good break track. God I love it! Thanks for your opinion Erik.

This is what you'll hear in most clubs in Tampa and Orlando that claim to have a Breakbeat night:

a cheesy bootleg breakbeat remix of Nightclub "French Kiss (Scot Project Remix)"

a cheesy bootleg remix of Joy Kitikonti "Joyenergizer"

DJ Icey "The one" for gazillionth time

Infiniti "Children of the 80s" for the gazillionth and one time

a cheesy bootleg of Darude's "Sandstorm"

a cheesy bootleg remix of Foggy "Come Into My Dreams"

a cheesy bootleg remix of Voodoo & Serano "Blood Is Pumpin"

a couple of good tracks by Sharaz and Tony Faline

more bootlegs

more cheesy locally produced records that sound very juvenile quality-wise, and include a million b-boy samples

DJ X "Use Your Luv" for the millionth time

If you don't believe me about that tracklist feel free to check out clubs like the Amphitheater, Twilight, Prana, Coliseum, The Blue Room, Tabu, The Matrix, etc. on some nights.

Usually the only time you'll hear a good set in Central FL is if someone like Icey is on the decks, or Sunday nights at the House of Blues with Jimmy Joslin.

In South Florida the Breakbeat DJs will try to stay true to what a real Breakbeat set is about, but sadly it ends up being a bit too dark and too slow for the masses...

I think you can pull off a Breakbeat night in SoBe if you mix it up with good global Breaks whether its Nu Skool, Funky, Progressive, electro, hard, everything. A good venue would be a place along the lines of Nerve.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by sotuorlando

Erik I can tell you like Breaks, is it me or is there nothing like a girl shaking her ass and bobbing her head to a good break track. God I love it! Thanks for your opinion Erik.

You should swing by the Return to The Edge event at Venu in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.....

You'll see a few girls out there moving.....at least one that we know of. :D

Aside from posters on here, breaks tends to draw a very young crowd, and a very old-school crowd.

Breaks on a main night in a main club down here? Hell no! 20 people would show up, and I can name them all, probably.

For now, breaks is side-room, small lounge material.

And CHRles is right, when there is breaks, it tends to be what he stated, which turns off the majority of the crowd.

House DJs tend to introduce breakbeat tracks into their sets though, sometimes it works, sometimes it clears a room...maybe it will acclimatize people eventually.

But, someone must shoot the MC.

Well as for Breaks in a place like Prive, Mynt, or Nikki Beach, that would never work. First there is no set dance floor for people to actuallty dance. Most poeple go to these places to be seen, not for the music. The people that listen to Breaks be it Nu or Old Skool tend not to wear all the prada or gucci clothes, and go for stuff that you can actually dance in. If a club is going to cater to the "in" and "chic" crowds it is going to look for people with the money and that is also a older crowd.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Well as for Breaks in a place like Prive, Mynt, or Nikki Beach, that would never work. First there is no set dance floor for people to actuallty dance. Most poeple go to these places to be seen, not for the music. The people that listen to Breaks be it Nu or Old Skool tend not to wear all the prada or gucci clothes, and go for stuff that you can actually dance in. If a club is going to cater to the "in" and "chic" crowds it is going to look for people with the money and that is also a older crowd.

I'd have to agree with you on this one...people lose interest too quickly here. Not to mention many have no clue!

if all the breaks fans would show up every time there was a party in Miami...it might stick. Problem is...there are so many closed minded trance/house heads around...

same reason the Mission went under...small gathering, mostly un-affluent people who didnt spend any money to keep their scene alive.

I love my breaks....But see it is an underground following still...atleast in Miami. Go to London...man, the prog breaks are kicking ass. Miami should be leaders in music movements. here it is all about the bling.

Not a lot of real people here....not enough to make our scene work. But be patient....

my 2¢

I agree with you guys on many points. First of all Im not talking about that Orlando/Tampa type breaks, Im talking about Adam Freeland, James Zabiela, Koma + Bones type breaks, you know what I mean, Pretty Breaks, Proggy Breaks. When I said the example of Nikki Beach, Prive, or Mynt I was NOT talking about incorporating that format into there clubs NOW, of course it would fail, it's to late now, everyone is used to a certain sound, BUT if you would have played strictly breaks from the first night those clubs open, but leaving those clubs other policies such as the strict door, dress code, not letting in younger people, and nice setup in terms of decor, they would've sill been successful with the breaks.

Everyone is coming from a perspective of I GO WHERE THERE IS GOOD MUSIC, and you see that's how we feel, but most of SOBE does'nt, you have to tell them what they like, and by incorporating an all breaks format into a keyword "NEW" club they will get used to it. I dont know maybe it's a reach or maybe it's not.