Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Funketeer's B'day Marathon (the story so far)

funketeer

First of all, whuzzup? ok, ok, ok...is this thing working? hello! hello! ok...I want to send big-ups to all the CPers that took care of my rum&cokes on wednesday night @ the marlin...digital7, joe budious and b-side...kool katz!

So I woke up on Monday and realized my birthday was on wednesday and I said "I'm taking this bitch off!" and so I did, I showed up on Monday and announced my plans of taking thursday and friday off...of course to celebrate :D

Wednesday started off mellow, until people started showing up at work...I was victim of a set-up that lasted basicly all day long, at the end of the day I had been invited to lunch and had two cakes cut (3 hours aprox) so there goes 3 hours of my work--day...aside from all the people that said or sang happy birthday to me, you can count another hour on that alone...I got out of work at 10:30pm :eek:

King Brit @ The Marlin 7-30-03

Wednesday night kicked-off in classic SoBe style, lots of friendly-smiley-familiar faces...I was home...everyone had the same plan in mind, getting Funk drunk!

:pint:

The place was jumping, Funkito performed their last set with singer Norah at the mike setting a very emotive mood to the night (she's going back to Argentina) I liked that, it was really cool.

Then it was time for the Djs...I don't remember who opened for King Brit (sorry!) I just know it was goody, goody, good! The difference between the opening Dj and King Brit was abismal, I mean this guy went up with a purpose...I was drinking my rummies and dancing away...very much fun.

First day=not $1 spent. :D

Pedro Guerra & Pepe Alva @ Macarena 8-01-03 :: 11pm to 1:30am

Thursday night was different, I had been chilling all day at home and I was in the mood for something different, my good friend Carlos and Pepe Alva opened up for Pedro Guerra at Macarena, so I went there to check it out and support my homeboys...Pepe Alva grew up in the north of Perú and has made a name for himself in Miami as well as in Latin America with his fusion of rock music and andean instrumentation, very unique and original, a perfect lead-in for Guerra.

Pedro Guerra comes from the Canary Islands (off the coast of Spain) he's a trovadour, his style could sometimes reveal influences by Fito Paez and Silvio Rodrigues, all in good taste and very refined, the guy is basicly gifted, extraordinary!

Best of all...the owner picked up the tab of our table...food and drinks, all taken care off!

:bounce:

DJ Le Spam & The Spam All Stars @ I/O 8-02-03 :: 1:45am to 3:15am

After Macarena, and since we had some beers on...we decided to pass by I/O to check out Dj Andrew (a.k.a. Le Spam) always a treat, we got there almost for the last hour of their set...it was definitively peeking..having basicly no time to waste, I got into it right away...Spam's music always gets the funk out of me, seriously, I surrender to this people's music...it's sweet, it's got rythm and it's all-out-honest...I danced my ass off until they finished and said thanks! ;)

Oh well, that's the story so far...and it's still only Thursday...I'll be @ Nerve tomorrow for sure and bacl at I/O on Saturdy for Pop Life, don't know why but I'm in the mood to celebrate...who's going to blame me? I didn't think so! Instead of a "birthday" this year I decided to call it my "birthweek"...catch my drif? think about it, it does makes sense, right? I see the trend catching up real soon...

:D

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by funketeer

First of all, whuzzup? ok, ok, ok...is this thing working? hello! hello! ok...I want to send big-ups to all the CPers that took care of my rum&cokes on wednesday night @ the marlin...digital7, joe budious and b-side...kool katz!

So I woke up on Monday and realized my birthday was on wednesday and I said "I'm taking this bitch off!" and so I did, I showed up on Monday and announced my plans of taking thursday and friday off...of course to celebrate :D

Wednesday started off mellow, until people started showing up at work...I was victim of a set-up that lasted basicly all day long, at the end of the day I had been invited to lunch and had two cakes cut (3 hours aprox) so there goes 3 hours of my work--day...aside from all the people that said or sang happy birthday to me, you can count another hour on that alone...I got out of work at 10:30pm :eek:

King Brit @ The Marlin 7-30-03

Wednesday night kicked-off in classic SoBe style, lots of friendly-smiley-familiar faces...I was home...everyone had the same plan in mind, getting Funk drunk!

:pint:

The place was jumping, Funkito performed their last set with singer Norah at the mike setting a very emotive mood to the night (she's going back to Argentina) I liked that, it was really cool.

Then it was time for the Djs...I don't remember who opened for King Brit (sorry!) I just know it was goody, goody, good! The difference between the opening Dj and King Brit was abismal, I mean this guy went up with a purpose...I was drinking my rummies and dancing away...very much fun.

First day=not $1 spent. :D

Pedro Guerra & Pepe Alva @ Macarena 8-01-03 :: 11pm to 1:30am

Thursday night was different, I had been chilling all day at home and I was in the mood for something different, my good friend Carlos and Pepe Alva opened up for Pedro Guerra at Macarena, so I went there to check it out and support my homeboys...Pepe Alva grew up in the north of Perú and has made a name for himself in Miami as well as in Latin America with his fusion of rock music and andean instrumentation, very unique and original, a perfect lead-in for Guerra.

Pedro Guerra comes from the Canary Islands (off the coast of Spain) he's a trovadour, his style could sometimes reveal influences by Fito Paez and Silvio Rodrigues, all in good taste and very refined, the guy is basicly gifted, extraordinary!

Best of all...the owner picked up the tab of our table...food and drinks, all taken care off!

:bounce:

DJ Le Spam & The Spam All Stars @ I/O 8-02-03 :: 1:45am to 3:15am

After Macarena, and since we had some beers on...we decided to pass by I/O to check out Dj Andrew (a.k.a. Le Spam) always a treat, we got there almost for the last hour of their set...it was definitively peeking..having basicly no time to waste, I got into it right away...Spam's music always gets the funk out of me, seriously, I surrender to this people's music...it's sweet, it's got rythm and it's all-out-honest...I danced my ass off until they finished and said thanks! ;)

Oh well, that's the story so far...and it's still only Thursday...I'll be @ Nerve tomorrow for sure and bacl at I/O on Saturdy for Pop Life, don't know why but I'm in the mood to celebrate...who's going to blame me? I didn't think so! Instead of a "birthday" this year I decided to call it my "birthweek"...catch my drif? think about it, it does makes sense, right? I see the trend catching up real soon...

:D

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Damn you like to party like I do...started my b-day weekend yesterday and will continue through Sunday! Party on DUDE!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: