Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Now?

Originally posted by seximofo2k

Yeah their is solid answer in my opinion : Telling people who they are allowed to marry is simply a form of discrimination. The government should not dictate what 2 peoples concensual behavior. Their is no proof that shows that gay marriage would be harmfull in any way to others that in which it should be outlawed.

To answer the second part of your question the reason that the "obvious moral/religious reasongs" (which obviously is your sole argument against gay marriage because you have continually dodged any answering of my question). Still in effect in US law is the seperation of church and state the last time I checked. So hence because the bible says that this behavior is wrong does not constitute that hence the US government should deem homosexuality as illegal. Who is anyone to state that a certain behavior is "morally" wrong???? What might go against your morals could be morally acceptable behavior to me.

Gay marriage is between to consenting adults and is not harmfull in anyway so hence their is no reason why it should not be legal

First of all, what makes you the foremost authority on whether an argument is acceptable?

Regardless, marriage IS to most people a religious affair so it is totally understandable that civil unions be ok and not marriage.

I have not dodged your question, but apparently your inability to see anything you disagree with has made me seem as though I have. My initial response was, in fact, a completely biological reasoning, as Sassa's was. But since you didn't like it, I guess its easier to pretend that it makes no sense.

btw be sure to send us all an invitaton to your wedding ;):D

Originally posted by acmatos

First of all, what makes you the foremost authority on whether an argument is acceptable?

Regardless, marriage IS to most people a religious affair so it is totally understandable that civil unions be ok and not marriage.

I have not dodged your question, but apparently your inability to see anything you disagree with has made me seem as though I have. My initial response was, in fact, a completely biological reasoning, as Sassa's was. But since you didn't like it, I guess its easier to pretend that it makes no sense.

btw be sure to send us all an invitaton to your wedding ;):D

Your original response on the matter was real biological:

the only reason homosexuals want to get married is for tax breaks and other financial loopholes. It totally undermines why most decent human beings get married(love and procreation)

btw that article is totally biased.

Then u came back after my comments with this response:

If you want to totally stray from moral issues then think about it from an evolutionary standpoint. Maybe nature has figured out, over thousands of years of trial and error, that the best way for the human species to survive and reproduce is in a family structure. I know it sounds strange, but think about it.

U have a point in some way on this issue (wait i have inability to see anything i disagree with) Read back if you want see my reply on this matter again.

You can try to trash me and call me gay cause i am supporting their civil rights but the fact is if you really dont make a strong argument for why their marriage should be illegal. Believing in this evolutionary idea, which you do, yet you say that civil union is ok but marriage no. Why you condone civil unions and not marriage u still have not made clear to me.

Pretty sad that you had to stoop to derogitory comments in this post, think its wrong when its done to sassa and others it simply shows ignorance on your part. If you want to continue this debate maturely then i have no problem.

the only reason homosexuals want to get married is for tax breaks and other financial loopholes. It totally undermines why most decent human beings get married(love and procreation)

i have anther question abouit this comment.....are you saying that homosexuals should be forced to pay higher taxes than everyone else?

Originally posted by seximofo2k

Your original response on the matter was real biological:

Then u came back after my comments with this response:

U have a point in some way on this issue (wait i have inability to see anything i disagree with) Read back if you want see my reply on this matter again.

You can try to trash me and call me gay cause i am supporting their civil rights but the fact is if you really dont make a strong argument for why their marriage should be illegal. Believing in this evolutionary idea, which you do, yet you say that civil union is ok but marriage no. Why you condone civil unions and not marriage u still have not made clear to me.

Pretty sad that you had to stoop to derogitory comments in this post, think its wrong when its done to sassa and others it simply shows ignorance on your part. If you want to continue this debate maturely then i have no problem.

oh come on now, you are just too sensitive. Lighten up! This is not about us personally, if you think that me insinuating that you're gay is an attack, then that's you're issue not mine. I was just bringing some sarcastic humor into the conversation, not implying that its a bad thing if you were gay. What I was referring to was the fact that you totally disregarded my previous answers.(this is the first time I've heard you give me credit albeit only to sound somewhat fair b4 you slammed me) Then you say that the only explanation that I had given was the obvious moral reasoning. If you check the posts you'd see that I didn't even mention anything about religion or morality until after your false comments.

I was in no way trying to trash you, at least no more than you had already trashed me(even if it was indirectly by blowing off my comments). Another thing, if you have forgotten, same sex marriage is illegal. You're the one that has to be giving the "strong arguments" as to why it should be made legal. The reality is that the majority of the population agrees with me, regardless of reasoning, and it is you that should be bending over backwards to prove your point to me, not demanding answers.

Also, just because I believe in the biological/evolutionary theory doesn't translate into being totally against gay relationships. I think that people should be able to do whatever they want, and be with who they want to be with. That is why I am not against civil unions.

A successful marriage, IMO is a relationship which will ultimately produce a family structure. This is something that is unnatainable by homosexual couples.

As to your point of view, if a marriage is just about two people in love making an official, long-lasting bond, then why is a civil union not acceptable? If that's what you think, then it shouldn't matter what it's called. Why is it so important that it be called a "marriage?"

Something you should think about is that not everything is ok just because someone does it. You have to draw the line somewhere. This major difference of opinion is why I think we are having such disagreement on this issue. I believe that there is wrong and right and its not open to be modified everytime we feel like it. Some cultures practice human sacrifice and cannibalism. Others practice habitual female castration and torture. But its still wrong to kill and eat people, and its definitely not ok to treat women like animals and torture people. Life might be easier to handle when you live in the grey area all the time (provides a false sense of security maybe, I don't know), but things are a lot more black and white than people think. We could argue this forever, however I'm not willing to believe that just b/c someone else enjoys something or thinks it ok, that it really is. There are some absolutes in life.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i have anther question abouit this comment.....are you saying that homosexuals should be forced to pay higher taxes than everyone else?

They don't pay higher taxes than anyone else. They pay the same as any other single person gay or straight. What i was saying is that they shouldn't use the act of marriage as a way to get a tax break.

They don't pay higher taxes than anyone else. They pay the same as any other single person gay or straight. What i was saying is that they shouldn't use the act of marriage as a way to get a tax break.

so your saying they should be denied the tax breaks that heterosexuals can obtain, thus making them pay higher taxes?

oh come on now, you are just too sensitive. Lighten up! This is not about us personally, if you think that me insinuating that you're gay is an attack, then that's you're issue not mine. I was just bringing some sarcastic humor into the conversation, not implying that its a bad thing if you were gay. What I was referring to was the fact that you totally disregarded my previous answers.(this is the first time I've heard you give me credit albeit only to sound somewhat fair b4 you slammed me) Then you say that the only explanation that I had given was the obvious moral reasoning. If you check the posts you'd see that I didn't even mention anything about religion or morality until after your false comments.

I was in no way trying to trash you, at least no more than you had already trashed me(even if it was indirectly by blowing off my comments). Another thing, if you have forgotten, same sex marriage is illegal. You're the one that has to be giving the "strong arguments" as to why it should be made legal. The reality is that the majority of the population agrees with me, regardless of reasoning, and it is you that should be bending over backwards to prove your point to me, not demanding answers.

Also, just because I believe in the biological/evolutionary theory doesn't translate into being totally against gay relationships. I think that people should be able to do whatever they want, and be with who they want to be with. That is why I am not against civil unions.

A successful marriage, IMO is a relationship which will ultimately produce a family structure. This is something that is unnatainable by homosexual couples.

As to your point of view, if a marriage is just about two people in love making an official, long-lasting bond, then why is a civil union not acceptable? If that's what you think, then it shouldn't matter what it's called. Why is it so important that it be called a "marriage?"

Something you should think about is that not everything is ok just because someone does it. You have to draw the line somewhere. This major difference of opinion is why I think we are having such disagreement on this issue. I believe that there is wrong and right and its not open to be modified everytime we feel like it. Some cultures practice human sacrifice and cannibalism. Others practice habitual female castration and torture. But its still wrong to kill and eat people, and its definitely not ok to treat women like animals and torture people. Life might be easier to handle when you live in the grey area all the time (provides a false sense of security maybe, I don't know), but things are a lot more black and white than people think. We could argue this forever, however I'm not willing to believe that just b/c someone else enjoys something or thinks it ok, that it really is. There are some absolutes in life.

I still dont see the harm in gays marrying like u do, prob never will. Difference in views well we agree to disagree then. I'm pretty chill im just aint a fan of the trash talk in a current events room where u would expect maturity but maybe i took u wrong. You get ur invite to my wedding now:tongue:

sexi, i can understand your arguments. in an ideal world, anyone can do whatever they want. but we need to have limits on certain things. if society ran amok and were allowed free rein with anything, then what would we base our morals and beliefs on, if there were no borders to stop at?

oddly, i would take a conservative approach to this issue: i still don't believe gay marriage should be legal. but thanks for all for putting in your two cents. :)

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

so your saying they should be denied the tax breaks that heterosexuals can obtain, thus making them pay higher taxes?

:huh:

let me speak clearly so we can all understand once and for all.

I don't think that homosexual couples should be allowed to marry in the US.

And no, I don't think they should recieve the tax breaks that MARRIED COUPLES recieve.