Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where have all....

lavosdeldiablo

Originally posted by guyman1966

But, you need everyone to be willing to take a risk, and if you just put down big $$ for a club, you don't want to hear about risk.. you want people in the club.

Yes - you will find some DJ's willing to work for peanuts, but promoters and club owners want money now... That is why everyone on the beach is running to HIP HOP. That is where the bling, bling is now.

exactly my point! and why that is because in the hip hop scene their is no $30 dollar cover or more because they don't have these extravagant DJ's, even if they did i don't think that scene would pay for it, instead they rather pay their $10 half of door price for knowing a promoter who does the list, the $15, or the regular $20 door price, and splurge all their money in the VIP for comfort, to have their hoes around them and to sit back, smoke out and not be bothered by anyone! and shit any club owner loves this because off the bar and tables is where the clubs BANK $$$$$ That's where you have to think am I in it for the music I love? or am I in it to make me some money? You're right Guyman.

Not only that, but aside from PvD, Tijs, and a few others, people aren't gonna turn out for a trance DJ in the numbers required to sustain a night and make it worth it. A club can only take so many hits for a select few people...i.e. this board.

Guest saleen351

no love for S&G:(

used our own money

had little clue on how to do it

took the risk of bringing a huge name to lauderdale

used a shitty club

Oscar G said" i was shocked and surprised how well the lauderdale party did"

but i guess us broward folk don't count........:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ernextnation

I think all it takes is a good promotion. If promoters get their shit straight Djs like SCOT PROJECT, TALLA 2XLC, ARMIN V B, can pack any venue in Miami.:)

Maybe, maybe not.

Trance is on the defensive in Miami.

Originally posted by pod

Trance is a big-room sound...I couldn't see any of those DJs in say, Nerve....the trance DJ needs to be in crobar, Space 34 or Maze.

the mix & shadow weren't BIG clubs. but the past is gone.

why can't we get it thru our thick skulls...one genre doesn't have to rule in miami. different nights, clubs, dj's will draw large & small crowds. space is cool but i would go to any club that brought in dj's that i like and i'm sure you feel the same way.

but space promotes big time & it's gonna take alot of long term effort to be successful. good luck.

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

Name one PROMOTER that would promote such an event?

That's the problem right their Jimmy! the bulk of the good promoters are the main 3 or 4 places, to find good promoters still around and looking to take a chance its not easy my friend, but by no freakin means give up, just keep looking for it bud. My best friend who use to love this type of stuff unfortunately had to retire from the scene due to medical problems and I use to always help him and can we saw for FREE! but that was it the excitement of building up an event and then watching it unveil was a lot of fun that was my payoff and spending the goodtimes with my bestfriend and all our friends but the good times are gone now that he is sick... :(

Originally posted by pod

Maybe, maybe not.

Trance is on the defensive in Miami.

Is not about TRANCE, is about the DJs you never see around here. Im pretty sure even the house heads will assist to this kind of event.

Even Saleen would like to see crazy ass SCOT PROJECT.

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

yeah your right ...i guess we should all just quit and join the hip-hoppers...:blank:

NEVER! But - what you see is that we might have a few options on any given night - but as time goes on they will be less and less. The only thing that can save our music is Saleen. (that was a joke)

Originally posted by tranzwhore

why can't we get it thru our thick skulls...one genre doesn't have to rule in miami. different nights, clubs, dj's will draw large & small crowds. space is cool but i would go to any club that brought in dj's that i like and i'm sure you feel the same way.

but space promotes big time & it's gonna take alot of long term effort to be successful. good luck.

Thank you! But its true there is this Trance/House wars crap going on all the time, as if those were the only two genres of music to be enjoyed! C'mon you guys grow up and acquire some common sense...its about the music not about what type of music. And like its been said before, we need variety but very few promoters will work with what is unknown to them and risky. They stick to the tried and true and until we get a promoter who has the guts to bring in different talent for those of us who enjoy the music..we'll have to settle for what we've got now. Which is the same week in and week out.