Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where do the quality dj's shop in Miami?

hotspotpromos

sometimes i shop online, too, depending on my mood and desires. i guess it all depends on what i'm spinning any given week.

for a while, i needed a regular supply of subliminal-esque house, and i whenever i walked into the gone-but-not-forgotten dj store in fort lauderdale, herbie would pull a stack of records for me to check out. it saved me a lot of time, and i learned about some obscure labels and artists that might've otherwise escaped my attention. now he works across the street at karma, but i can still call him up and ask if there's anything new that's worth the drive.

before, that, though, i was spinning mostly funky lounge (don't ask), and nobody stocks that locally. i cleaned out the esl catalog and finally found an online record store that understood my niche. of course, it went out of business last year. sigh.

anyway, i'm enjoying all of these record shopping suggestions. please keep them coming. anyone here ever try dropshop.com?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

here are the reasons:

a) i wanted to bother EV by moving the trance records to the house section and vice a versa...making him work double

B) i wanted to bring in a bum from Washington Ave with me and ask him/her to help me in selecting some quality tunes

c) i didnt have 5 hrs to waste looking for music

d) Oscar G told me where EV keeps the 93.1 trance, i just had the urge for some of those

e) i was SUPPOSE to hang with a superstar Dj and his better half...but they had other plans

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

No Mr. V had other plans....How was I supposed know and I already told you we'd make it up to you...How much more do I have to suck up to you for you to forgive me!!!!!!!:boohoo:

Originally posted by cheekeetika

No Mr. V had other plans....How was I supposed know and I already told you we'd make it up to you...How much more do I have to suck up to you for you to forgive me!!!!!!!:boohoo:

maybe if edgar made him a nice trance CD, matas will forgive u!

Originally posted by memorex

avatar.php?userid=142370&dateline=1056603499Fireandiceanimatedgif4.gif

umm.. u guys are coming to SoFL?!?!!?

well geez.. juicehead guidos from jerzee in sobe...

i'm not sure we want any more of those... its like a plague that comes seasonaly.. we dont need anymore than those we already have.. they kno who they are.,.. (sln at) were actually tryin to find a way to kick them back to america's arm pit.. with their fist pumpin and all...

:rolleyes:

:blown:

:laugh:

That was too much! You had us rollin' off the chairs! Actually, we hate those type guys too... one of the many reasons (cold weather, cliques...promoters who hype up some horrible dj's up here like they're the 2nd coming while at the same time bad mouthing some good talent/big name dj's, opportunites, etc. :mad:

The "Fire & Ice" thing is just our way of earning a living from bachelorettes, and other needy women who want to have a good time (they're normally not in it for the sexual part...like the guys). No juice head lovers here...we're pure clubbers! We also sell hot Brazilian jeans and custom made club clothes for the women and Sandra goes by appointment to women's houses to show them.

We plan on trying to hit different clubs all the time and meeting a lot of fellow CP'ers like we did up here. As soon as we get our housing and biz straight...we're coming down (in the next couple of weeks hopefully). If u see us out, please come and say hello(our pics are all over the site!)...we're cool peeps and plan on going to, supporting AND THROWING some mean parties! After a month or so, we'll expand the site to include Florida. :getdown:

If any of you r interested in doing club dancing(male or female), please let us know, we're doing some serious advertising on that tip in the next few months. If you're a guy and want to earn quick cash stripping...you'll be busy. We're getting about 8,000 hits a day on the Fire & Ice site and are one of the top male stripper companies in the biz.

...and that's it! Can't wait to come down...we're sick and tired of Jerzee and want to come to the land of sun and fun! Everyone says Fl has cool peeps....hope they're right! :letsgo:

Derek & Sandra O

HSP

PS ...and EVERYONE.. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE INPUT ABOUT STORES....SWEET! SAVED THE WHOLE THREAD TO MS WORD!

:bowdown:

Hot clubber spots/pics/dancers/employment... www.hotspotpromos.com

:cool:

Hey man:

I will tell you,i dj for fun at home and friends,and i have great music selection,there is this little store not a lot of people know about it,is call back door records..they have brand new record selections every saturday..trance, house, breakbeats,hip hop anything you need belive me when i tell you this he only opens from3 to like 6pm,thrusday to saturday,check it out.

Is on hallandale beach blv,from I 95 head east is about a mile on the north side of the road, whenever u see a farmstore,jus pull behind in that parking lot next to a lundromat,that why is call backdoor you have to enter to the back..the best. check it out and good luck.

peace! Albert.:dj:

Originally posted by albert0126

belive me when i tell you this he only opens from3 to like 6pm,thrusday to saturday,check it out.

:confused:

How does he stay in business? Do all of his clients FLOCK to the store during those 9 hours???? :laugh: Only love, though...

Talk about BACK DOOR records... I'm sure he has some hard-to-find records. Interesting little place. Thanks for the 411. :)

Hey there!

there is a lot of good records there,and if is not there he will find it..go to 411 and ask for the adresshis # is(954) 455-3545,try it sometimes is hard to get him cus he might be on line listening to some new music but keep trying belive me is worth it

peace ALBERT...good luck

okay, since you mentioned back door, i've got to suggest the blue note records warehouse (not the retail store) in north miami beach near us-1 and 163rd street. the ground floor is all jazz and some rock collectibles, but upstairs has a huge "vintage" dance section - 12" singles dating from the late 70s up to about 2001 (mostly 90s, though). fussy record collectors looking for mint first pressings of rare groove records (with original dust jackets) should stay home; djs looking for timeless classics (or painfully dated cheese) should check it out. call the main store for directions - it's a little difficult to find, but quite worth it if you're into retro, classics, or a truck load of records for which other djs no longer have any possible use.

records i have recently discovered there:

anita ward - "ring my bell" original issue, not a remix

taste of honey - "boogie oogie oogie" original extended mix

might dub katz - "ghetto girl" early norman cook

jose nunez - "in my life" subliminal

joey negro - "can't get high without u" subliminal

robbie rivera - "nothing to offer" subliminal

richard f - "good love" subliminal

the pianoheadz - "distortion" subliminal

did i mention that i was into subliminal records? anyway, there's just one "listening station," which features a crappy turntable, a dubious cartridge, and a battered speaker. if you've got one of those nifty new vestax battery-powered record players, bring it, otherwise you might miss something great (or accidentaly end up with a white label promo copy of right said fred that you thought was that limited edition breakbeat beck bootleg).

Originally posted by djben

just wanted to say I've ordered a few thousand $$ worth of records from www.planetxusa.com since 2000 and they've never done me wrong.

that only amounts to like 250-300 records i know =(

wish i had more money to buy more tunes but going to college doesnt come cheap these days.

Ben

www.djben.net

i have dropped a couple Gs at grooveman .......but i feel the love now....the owner treats me very good

Originally posted by djben

just wanted to say I've ordered a few thousand $$ worth of records from www.planetxusa.com since 2000 and they've never done me wrong.

that only amounts to like 250-300 records i know =(

wish i had more money to buy more tunes but going to college doesnt come cheap these days.

Ben

www.djben.net

go get an education, kid! do the dj thing on the side!

knowledge is power.