Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Okay, my turn....

groovefire

I have a general comment to all newbies and nonregulars. Ny and teamj5 have tried the abusive route. Usually that’s effective around here. I’ll try a different one, something slightly more rational. This is not directed at anyone specific. Many of the people berated here for not be funny enough or whatever are, in the real world, people I consider friends, and none of what I say here is intended to disrupt that in any way, and I certainly hope it does not.

It is often said that anyone should be allowed to post here and say whatever they want. And while it is true you are not prohibited, per se, from doing so, it certainly is socially inappropriate and impolite, if not just fucking weird.

Imagine that, rather than a message board somewhere in the world wide web, this was a bar, and you walked in and noticed a group of 8 people sitting at a table together, talking, laughing, sharing inside jokes, and all obviously friends. Would you walk right over, sit down at their table and join their conversation? Probably not, but hell, let’s say you did. Would you be surprised if this group of friends was less than receptive to you joining them? Well, you shouldn’t be. Let’s face it, it’s a little weird and uncomfortable. True some people go out to meet new people, but many do not, especially a group of established friends.

Not to mention that the guy who usually does such a thing as entering strangers' conversations is usually some goofy, annoying dork that everyone rolls their eyes at and tries desperately to get rid of. You don’t wanna be that guy, do you? I didn’t think so. But you are. So realize that we are not the ones acting differently here than in the real world, you are.

Look, there are plenty of other places you can go to talk with people, plenty of other “tables” to sit at in the great big bar called the internet. But this one is ours, and frankly, it’s full. Please act appropriately and politely within the bounds of normal social etiquette, and LEAVE US ALONE.

Originally posted by groovefire

Of course you're all more than welcome to eavesdrop on our conversations all you want, and if you get enjoyment out of it, your appreciation is best demonstrated by buying us a round of drinks anonymously. ;)

Anyone that's sat at our table knows we're much friendlier after three drinks :D

lol

Nah I (usually) only tool on the dipshits. I have this strange feeling that you I can't really call you a dipshit.

Latest victim is HJ, but I was feeling nice so I sent him a PM telling him that PARTIES is not spelled PARTYS. Dipshit still hasn't changed it in his profile, which is why I decided to go public :D

XOOX

Originally posted by sparkem

lol

Nah I (usually) only tool on the dipshits. I have this strange feeling that you I can't really call you a dipshit.

Latest victim is HJ, but I was feeling nice so I sent him a PM telling him that PARTIES is not spelled PARTYS. Dipshit still hasn't changed it in his profile, which is why I decided to go public :D

XOOX

I assure you, you wouldn't be the first to call me a dipshit if you did, but I appreciate your restraint nonetheless.

hj can misspell whatever he wants, he is el spicy forum VIP.

Originally posted by stymie

groovefire blows

wheres my cd?

Finally got a copy last night from Hoska. Freakin’ kid gave away all the copies at Studio 3 to total strangers, not even I got one. But got one now, and I just got a computer at home, so I can start duplicating tonight! I’ll mail your’s tomorrow. Whoever else wants one sooner than our next get together, whatever that is, email or pm me your address, and I’ll get ‘em out ASAP.

Finally got a copy last night from Hoska. Freakin’ kid gave away all the copies at Studio 3 to total strangers, not even I got one. But got one now, and I just got a computer at home, so I can start duplicating tonight! I’ll mail your’s tomorrow. Whoever else wants one sooner than our next get together, whatever that is, email or pm me your address, and I’ll get ‘em out ASAP.

cool. :clap:

The worst part is we made the mix at my place, but I let Hoska take the only copy that day because he was going to make a million copies for everyone. Instead he made 20 copies, gave them to random girls we’ll never see or hear from again, and then stopped returning my calls for like 2 weeks.

He’s a special boy, he really is. :rolleyes:

The worst part is we made the mix at my place, but I let Hoska take the only copy that day because he was going to make a million copies for everyone. Instead he made 20 copies, gave them to random girls we’ll never see or hear from again, and then stopped returning my calls for like 2 weeks.

He’s a special boy, he really is. :rolleyes:

WTF! I knew I should have been sending him hate emails this whole time :mad: