Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: dansampson

kken

Originally posted by vicman

i thought you would only go to Glow for PvD. :confused:

how was G&D last night?

eh some butterfly talked me into going earlier in the week.. plus never seen G&D. they were really good, they didn't drop clocks and only a couple really cheese tracks. things were slightly epic-y until 3am and then it was pretty deep for the last hour. not too many meatheads, place wasn't packed, and tissue in the ears saved my hearing. oh and dan's opening set was really good.

Dan - you rocked! Wish we could have caught more of your set but we got off to a late start.

I love what Glow/Insomnia has done with the dj booth! :aright:

G&D's set at Glow was a lot trancier (haha, is that a word?) than their set at Arc. I found this one a lot easier to dance to where as Arc's set was very mellow. It was a little on the epic side but that's alright by me. The crowd was one of the better crowds I have seen at Glow. I didn't have to start fighting the asshounds off till about 3 am - I guess the bar closed and they were looking for other sources of entertainment.

Dave Dresden took the decks first. Ken - tell Henry that the opening track was Annie Lennox - Pavement Cracks (Gabriel & Dresden Remix). I know he was asking about it. I had to ask around :D Nice solid set, a few trainwrecks but not too bad. They spun for 4 hours.

Ran into some friends - Fred M, Shifterlx and his cutie girlfriend Vanessa (so good to see you guys again!). Vic, I saw your friend Michael who I haven't seen since Osta & Mike's gig at Rendevous Lounge almost a year ago! :eek: I made some new friends too - never a bad thing! ;)

Anyhow, we only paid $10 to get in - wow those panorama discount passes actually work! :laugh:

I actually remember and know some of the tracks! hehehe

In no particular order:

Beautiful Things (Unplugged Mix)

Beautiful Things (Gabriel Mix)

Dave Gahan - Only When I Need You (Gabriel & Dresden remix)

Some track with Dido's Here With Me lyrics

Two mixes of As the Rush Comes (one was the AvB mix not sure about the other)

On A High (cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese! LOL)

Closed w/ Oakie's Southern Sun (so epic but I'll admit its a good closer and I actually like it :eek: )

All in all a pretty good night.

thanks for the kind words, everyone, it really means a lot. I had a great time playing on Sat. Hope to do it again, soon!

G&D were much more 'hands in the air' than some of their sets i had heard before, and it went over really well.

Really nice guys, too.

Cheers

Dan

Originally posted by therunner

Man!!! I am so pissed at myself. Someone asked me to go last night and I said "No" I didn't know Dan and G&D were there last night.

DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!!:mad: :mad:

there is a reason that you are "stuck in stupid" :rolleyes:

there is a reason that you are "stuck in stupid" :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - no doubt at all. I am aware of this. I am stuck in Stupid. Fuck man, I am the mayor of Stupid - newly elcted by all the other stupid people stuck in here with me. But sometimes my foriegn policy with other outside influences i.e, smart people, lack a whole lot and these influences sometimes need to inform as well as influence.

Thank you,

The Runner

Mayor of Stupid

Stupid, USA

Originally posted by dansampson

thanks for the kind words, everyone, it really means a lot. I had a great time playing on Sat. Hope to do it again, soon!

Oh Dan, they're just being nice, they really think you're stinking awful :tongue:

Wish I could have been there to see it - well, maybe not at Glow, but to see the same show somewhere else - sounds like it was a great time! Drop me a line and tell me about it if you get a minute!

Oh yeah - no doubt at all. I am aware of this. I am stuck in Stupid. Fuck man, I am the mayor of Stupid - newly elcted by all the other stupid people stuck in here with me. But sometimes my foriegn policy with other outside influences i.e, smart people, lack a whole lot and these influences sometimes need to inform as well as influence.

Thank you,

The Runner

Mayor of Stupid

Stupid, USA

could've checked glows website just to see who was spinning.

I am fucking STUPID VIC!!! If I wasn't a fucking complete RETARD, don't you think I would've thought of that?

couldve called someone who might have known who was spinning yesterday at glow to ask if they knew who was spinning at glow yesterday

couldve called someone who might have known who was spinning yesterday at glow to ask if they knew who was spinning at glow yesterday

Actually I did. I called reval and tried to talk to him but he either hung up on me (likely) or lost a signal (doubtfully).

And I didn't want to talk to you last night.

Actually I did. I called reval and tried to talk to him but he either hung up on me (likely) or lost a signal (doubtfully).

And I didn't want to talk to you last night.

big help he would've been given that he was in ny. dude you need to post more. :eek: