Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those who haven't heard Denny play, free set...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=spinjunky&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US〈=en

bookmark the page, the set he plays on his KTU NYC show is the same as the ones on this page.. They change every week or so, you get to hear lots of tunes that miami jocks, don't have, don't know, or won't play.... NJ and NYC is far ahead of the game on tunes. Not shitting on Miami jocks, but miami jocks all sound the same to me now....

***********NOTE**** HIS KTU SETS ARE VERY DIFFERENT THAN HIS LIVE SETS... HIS KTU SETS, HE SHOWCASES NEW SOUNDS AND NEW TUNES, AND ITS FOR A GREATER CROWD, MEANING ALL OF THE TRI STATE AREA... BUT AT TEMPTS, HE DROPS THE HAMMER, FROM VOX, TO DIVA, TO TRIBAL, WITH LOTS OF ACAPELLAS, AND TRACKS OVER TRACKS, YOU'LL HEAR LOTS OF CLASSICS WITH A TWIST THEN SOME CLASSICS, YOU SIMPLY DON'T TOUCH AND HE PLAYS THEM, THOUGH HE'LL TEASE THE CROWD FOR AN HOUR WITH A ANTHEM, THEN HE'LL FINALLY DROP IT..... SOMETHING MIAMI JOCKS CAN'T AND DON'T DO!!!! THOUGH JP IS STILL THE MASTER OF IT... WHEN HE DID THE MADONNA BOOTLEG PEOPLE TOLD ME, HE'D TEASE THE CROWD FOR 2 OR 3 HOURS BEFORE DROPPING IT... Tom stephan did the same at space the first time, he teased revolution for a while, then dropped a tribal version of it.

Now as for LP and alex at space, someone had a talk with one of them, not saying who, but what they told them, was you need to get rid of the high priced bull shit djs and give the smaller guys a shot, and trust me, this is the best move for the scene!!! Even though i know Miami won't come out in full force for these guys, the true music heads will. Trust me, Denny and these other guys will blow the oakenfolds and other euro trash guys away!!!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL AMERICAN DJ!!!!

OR

LISTEN TO HIP HOP, CAUSE THE SCENE IS DEAD WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT OF THESE GUYS.

ps this set is off the hinges, lots of vox!!!!!!!!! Not sure if Space is ready for vocals.... We will see.

PS me and denny only know each other over the net, and only met a few times. So don't think i'm involved in any of this, cause i'm not!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

how about supporting your local scene, instead of bashing it at every opportunity. you don’t like the scene, and then do something constructive to change it. :idea:

1. i'm not in the club business

2. I did do something constructive, and we were gonna do more, but the scene is so fore gone, that it makes no sense for us to risk our own money to make a 100 bucks. We are still thinking it over, but as per our meeting the other day, looks like Oscar G is and will be the only DJ we work with. Not taking away from others, but only Oscar can pull a crowd and not charge us an arm and an leg.

3. I don't bash our scene, i just come from a much better scene and it will never live up to the nyc nj scene. You people think Miami is so great, when you only have 2 clubs. Crobar and Space.

4. people like you and the rest of these idiots always talking about euro trash djs, is what is killing us.

5. I show up to more events than most on this board, and i'm tired of being dicked around by shity clubs.. People who drink should not be penalized for not doing drugs. I can't afford 7 dollar beers.

6. My return to space, if i get back in, will be for only one night. I'm so over the scene, space etc... It's over! The only way the clubs downtown will make it, is if the city turns a blind eye to the drugs. If they crack down, people won't party.

Originally posted by saleen351

1. i'm not in the club business

2. I did do something constructive, and we were gonna do more, but the scene is so fore gone, that it makes no sense for us to risk our own money to make a 100 bucks. We are still thinking it over, but as per our meeting the other day, looks like Oscar G is and will be the only DJ we work with. Not taking away from others, but only Oscar can pull a crowd and not charge us an arm and an leg.

3. I don't bash our scene, i just come from a much better scene and it will never live up to the nyc nj scene. You people think Miami is so great, when you only have 2 clubs. Crobar and Space.

4. people like you and the rest of these idiots always talking about euro trash djs, is what is killing us.

5. I show up to more events than most on this board, and i'm tired of being dicked around by shity clubs.. People who drink should not be penalized for not doing drugs. I can't afford 7 dollar beers.

6. My return to space, if i get back in, will be for only one night. I'm so over the scene, space etc... It's over! The only way the clubs downtown will make it, is if the city turns a blind eye to the drugs. If they crack down, people won't party.

I'm not in the club business. but I have watched the scene, go through several changes. at this point miami is among the best scenes around. the miami scene is not the NJ-NY scene, it doesn't try to be, and I would never want it to become a NJ-NY scene. if you know anything about the NY, you know it’s going through changes as well. we have more then two clubs here, and you know that. so I fail to see your point, unless you want to point out the obvious that crobar and Space lead the pack. I love dance music bro. I don’t care if the dj is from europe or brunswick nj. If they can lay the beats down, they got my support. as far as being able to afford going out, that’s really your issue not the clubs. if you don’t have the $$$$, then stay home and rent a movie. finally drugs are a part of the scene, that is not going to change. I accept that at face value.. are their aspects about the miami scene, I would like to change? hell yeah, but I certainly am not going to give up something I love, because I have some minor issues. which really are beyond my control.

;)

I'm not in the club business. but I have watched the scene, go through several changes. at this point miami is among the best scenes around. the miami scene is not the NJ-NY scene, it doesn't try to be, and I would never want it to become a NJ-NY scene. if you know anything about the NY scence, you know it’s going through changes as well. we have more then two clubs here, and you know that. so I fail to see your point, unless you want point out the obvious that crobar and Space lead the pack. I love dance music bro. I don’t care if the dj is from europe or brunswick nj. If they can lay the beats down, they got my support. as far as being able to afford going out, that’s really your issue not the clubs. if you don’t have the $$$$, then stay home and rent a movie. finally drugs are a part of the scene, that is not going to change. I accept that at face value.. are their aspects about the miami scene, I would like to change? hell yeah, but I certainly am not going to give up something I love, because I have some minor issues. which really are beyond my control.

;)

true that!!!

Guest saleen351

I'm not in the club business. but I have watched the scene, go through several changes. at this point miami is among the best scenes around. the miami scene is not the NJ-NY scene, it doesn't try to be, and I would never want it to become a NJ-NY scene. if you know anything about the NY, you know it’s going through changes as well. we have more then two clubs here, and you know that. so I fail to see your point, unless you want to point out the obvious that crobar and Space lead the pack. I love dance music bro. I don’t care if the dj is from europe or brunswick nj. If they can lay the beats down, they got my support. as far as being able to afford going out, that’s really your issue not the clubs. if you don’t have the $$$$, then stay home and rent a movie. finally drugs are a part of the scene, that is not going to change. I accept that at face value.. are their aspects about the miami scene, I would like to change? hell yeah, but I certainly am not going to give up something I love, because I have some minor issues. which really are beyond my control.

;)

i do have the money, but it pisses me off, you stunads can party all night on twenty bucks and a few sips of water, and i have to spend more on one beer than it would cost me to buy an entire six pack of that same beer in the store... Pt being the club crowd grew up, and the scene has failed to catch up. There was an interesting article not too long ago, about DEE SNIDER, and if any don't know who he is, don't bother reading on. They asked dee why he toned down his shows and they don't curse anymore, and he had a great response, since they were trying to pin the tag "sellout" on him, he said his crowd grew up and are adults with real jobs and with kids, and the same goes for him. They don't do acid or dugs anymore.. Well our scene is not exactly the same, though we all rocked "we're not gonna take it" at some point growing up, but the scene was built on drugs and now that they cracked down the next generation is not gonna embrace the scene like we did. Thus I feel the scene needs to entice the older crowds to come back, and in doing so, the younger peeps should catch on. But by catering to the drug crowd, they leave the peeps who are over the drugs but love the clubs and music to seek a better time in lauderdale and other watering holes. Clubbing has become a hassle. I know it, and you know it!

i do have the money, but it pisses me off, you stunads can party all night on twenty bucks and a few sips of water, and i have to spend more on one beer than it would cost me to buy an entire six pack of that same beer in the store... Pt being the club crowd grew up, and the scene has failed to catch up. There was an interesting article not too long ago, about DEE SNIDER, and if any don't know who he is, don't bother reading on. They asked dee why he toned down his shows and they don't curse anymore, and he had a great response, since they were trying to pin the tag "sellout" on him, he said his crowd grew up and are adults with real jobs and with kids, and the same goes for him. They don't do acid or dugs anymore.. Well our scene is not exactly the same, though we all rocked "we're not gonna take it" at some point growing up, but the scene was built on drugs and now that they cracked down the next generation is not gonna embrace the scene like we did. Thus I feel the scene needs to entice the older crowds to come back, and in doing so, the younger peeps should catch on. But by catering to the drug crowd, they leave the peeps who are over the drugs but love the clubs and music to seek a better time in lauderdale and other watering holes. Clubbing has become a hassle. I know it, and you know it!

I embrace scence for what it is . I take the good and bad... so keep hating and bashing. I’ll keep partying..;)

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=spinjunky&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US〈=en

ps this set is off the hinges, lots of vox!!!!!!!!! Not sure if Space is ready for vocals.... We will see.

I have to say thanks for doing me the favor of posting this set......no offense the set is mixed well....but I was actually going to check this guy out and see what some of you have been talking about and now it has saved me the cost of the trip there, parking, admission and drinks. Guess I am to much of a House Music purist for this type of music, but it is done well. I think it will go over well at Space...its got the usual progressive nature to it...but it does add a lot of vocals which Space does not have too much of, have fun!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lyrik

I have to say thanks for doing me the favor of posting this set......no offense the set is mixed well....but I was actually going to check this guy out and see what some of you have been talking about and now it has saved me the cost of the trip there, parking, admission and drinks. Guess I am to much of a House Music purist for this type of music, but it is done well. I think it will go over well at Space...its got the usual progressive nature to it...but it does add a lot of vocals which Space does not have too much of, have fun!

like i said, what you hear in the set is not how he plays live... if you never hear any northeast djs, you should check it out, its not the typical miami sound... that set you downloaded was done for KTU nyc.. as for the vocals, it will be real interesting to see if space likes them.

BTW if you ever spoke to denny, he'll tell ya, he love that pure house shit.... he told me that his first love... but he also cranks it up, so if he does a 4 hour set, the first hour will be pure house... trust me on that one... seen him 100 times.

tsettos rips it and brings a good vibe

saleen asnt so bright to post a commercial set like that cause its a mix set off ktu which is like 93.1 but even more commercial..

but denny rips shit up and reguardless of hat u euro trash people think, unlike other djs he has such a good following that i know tons of people from NY/NJ are flying down just to see him play..

gotta give props to that cause there IS NOT ONE DJ in miami who has a following like that

Originally posted by andrewthomas

tsettos rips it and brings a good vibe

saleen asnt so bright to post a commercial set like that cause its a mix set off ktu which is like 93.1 but even more commercial..

but denny rips shit up and reguardless of hat u euro trash people think, unlike other djs he has such a good following that i know tons of people from NY/NJ are flying down just to see him play..

gotta give props to that cause there IS NOT ONE DJ in miami who has a following like that

I am with ya...he sounds excellent , just not quite sure its my taste as far as that type of House...maybe I'll come see whats up....his mixing sounds on point.

umm ok tony name one dj from miami that u ever took a plane to go see and paid for hotel to go see..

plzz ur ass wouldnt even pay $20 to go see a local dj never mind droppin a few hundred bucks to go see one

why I would be so stupid as to waste my money, to go see a dj that plays in my town. whom I can support on a weekly basis. by the way you’re right.. why pay $20 for something, when you can get it for free. that I don’t consider a right, I consider it a privilege. maybe you should to .:idea:

Back in the old days of South Beach (pre-1998) the clubs all played that sound. Lots of vocals...very "NY" House. The big name DJs that we would have were guys like Razor & Guido or Jonathan Peters or Hex Hector. The scene changed and the demand for guys like that diminished.

The thing is that I've been to the Jersey Shore and gone to the clubs there. It is quite a scene...not my scene...but quite a scene Outside of Hip Hop, clubs that play "house" all play that same brand of house. Now I've never heard Denny...and maybe he plays it better than most...but if you're not into that sound, you're not going to like him.

Also, I consider DJs to be artists. Most of the great artists changed their styles as they changed as people. The same is true of DJs. If you listen to Sasha's early stuff compared to his new stuff, it's radically different. I just don't see that progression in what the NJ guys, Denny included, are doing.

As for flying down to see Denny......I'll just say that if he was playing in Podunk, Idaho instead of beautiful Miami, those peeps would stay in NJ.

Sure, it’s easy to say that Denny will have a huge following @ space on a Labor Day w/end. The obvious is, that Labor Day w/end is a big weekend for NJ/NYers in Miami. That’s part of the reason why Space usually books DT every year on that particular weekend & a part of the reason why space went after a NY/NJ deejay again this year. No matter what, NJ/NY will be in the house. I mean if I had a trip planned to NY & OG or Roland just so happened to be playin’ somewhere that week I would make it a point to go see them. It’s Space!! It’s a given for out of towners, just as is Crobar & some of the other Miami clubs. It’s like goin’ to NY & makin’ Sound Factory a destination.

Not to take anything away from Denny, but all those people jumpin’ on a plane to Miami on Labor Day weekend comin’ from NY/NJ aren’t just comin’ to see Denny @ Space. For the most part, I’m sure Miami has been their destination this Labor Day weekend as it might have been on other holiday weekends in the previous years. It’s kinda like how a cruise to the Caribbean planned by a local promotion group is what a percentage of the Miami locals talk about doin’ every labor day weekend. Now if that’s something that Miami locals have been doin’ for years & Roland happens to be the dj spinning on the boat this year, would it be fair to say that a big percentage of those peepz hopped on that boat to the Caribbean just to see Roland play. Give Denny, JP or for that matter, any other NY local dj a gig outside of a holiday weekend here in Miami & see how things turn out.

Andrew’s above statement might be interpreted as “Hype†ladies & gentlemen… Never-the-less, I'll be @ Space that night (on my night off) payin' a visit to see what the "Hype" is all about. ;)

As for flying down to see Denny......I'll just say that if he was playing in Podunk, Idaho instead of beautiful Miami, those peeps would stay in NJ.

Dade inspired me.. Good point... :)

Biz, My man........maybe we're wrong. Maybe all those people are only coming to Miami because Denny The Pied Piper is leading them like a bunch of mice down to the Space mousetrap.

What I find funny is that people here dis George Acosta because he has stuck to one sound for so long but don't seem to mind that Denny and most of the guys up there have been playing the one sound for twice as long.

This set is simply amazing. riveting! revolutionary! Denny is an artist and sound waves are his canvas. I just listened to the evolution of dance music in leap years. I spoke to my family and we're all making a pilgrimage to NJ the holy mecca of dance music to see Denny spin at what can only be discribed as the 8th wonder of the world "tempts".

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

This set is simply amazing. riveting! revolutionary! Denny is an artist and sound waves are his canvas. I just listened to the evolution of dance music in leap years. I spoke to my family and we're all making a pilgrimage to NJ the holy mecca of dance music to see Denny spin at what can only be discribed as the 8th wonder of the world "tempts".

:funny::laugh:

Guest saleen351

LOL, fyi biz and dade, nyc and nj peeps go to VEGAS on LDW, not miami...

and don't argue with me, i'm from NJ!!!!

also, i'd like to point out that dade is so wrong on the sound thing. denny opened up exit with eddie baez... trust me they play it all, oscar and denny play the same shit, except whereas oscar will venture into tech land, denny will venture into anthem/classic/acapella/diva land..... but the foundation is exactly the same....

besdies that, denny is better laying vocals over shit, and mixing, but oscar reads the space crowd better, yet og was lost in the hamptons and kinda lost in the surf club... so denny might loose the space crowd, but if the northeast peeps show up, you'll see 3 types of peeps on the dance floor...

1. the crack heads who love everything

2. tri staters who are going nuts

3. miami folk who can't open their mind who will cry at the first note of a vocal...

love him or hate him, Denny was good enough for Exit and now good enough for Space..

Congrads denny, I WILL NEVER SELL OUT TO EURO TRASH DJS EVER!!

AMERICAN LOCAL DJS ONLY!!!!!

not sure if og is gonna be around, but denny vs oscar would be so cool for me...

ps, i can sucker anyone into my hype machine!!!! IT'S ON!!!! I'M SNEKAING IN, OR BLOWING MARKUS... EITHER WAY, I'M THERE!!!!

NY (at least Manhattan) isn't what it used to be. Ofcourse NYC has a alot more music, most of the production and record companies are there. They have been a clubbing Mecca for way longer than Miami, No denying it ! However, look at the clubs shut down in NYC (Twilo, Exit, Sound Factory...). Saleen complains about the drugs here, Ever been to Arc (Vynil) ? No alcohol served, what do they party on????. when I first went to Sound Factory, No alcohol was served either (1993). Great little places like Plant have been served 3 violations already and have to play music very softly... the result... their resident DJ's like Ilana left !, where is Subliminals' residency ? at Discotheque, ever been to Discotheque, It's 1/2 the size of Nerve and not nearly the same quality of sound. what about Shelter (it's never packed any more). and Crobar NYC isn't exactly a local creation (neither is it from Miami but the Miami Crobar is certainly the most world known). What about WMC ? It certainly one of the most respected electronica trade shows in the world !, In europe I have seen equal amount of American DJ's as European and I have never seen Europeans complaint that American DJ's ruin their scene. In fact they embrace new sounds ! Clubbing is in an all around downside everywhere. Most cluubers from the "early" day of the scene are getting older and "moving on" sort-of-speak. I think it will turn around, just gotta give it time.