Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Scratch Users...

djss

So I think im going to go for it and enter the digital world...but i have i few questions first for Final Scratch users...

1. are all the bugs worked out with the new v1.1?

2. anyone having problems with mac os? and does it work with os 9.2 or X.?

3. are you dj's in the club really using MP3 files or .wav?...any sound degradation?

4. can i use higher quality pre amps such as an M Box...or even an apogee?

5. any latency problems?

6. and lastly...where can i get it for less than $499.99?

thankyou all very much in advance for all of your help an consideration.

SS

have you checked out the user forums at finalscratch.com? there's even a specific section devoted to mac-related issues. you might be particularly interested in a discussion thread there entitled "major issues using fs at the club." i'll stick to vinyl for now, thanks.

i have been a final scratch user for about a hear and a half now. i do love the new traktor fs version. as with all software, nothing is perfect. however, as i always recommend, anyone who decides to use final scratch should have a good knowledge of computers. here are some answers to your questions. i hope this helps..

1. are all the bugs worked out with the new v1.1?

some people are still having different problems, depending on their system. i have had no problems with either 1.0 or 1.1.

2. anyone having problems with mac os? and does it work with os 9.2 or X.?

i am using pc, not mac, but you can go to the final scratch forums at www.finalscratch.com for some answers on that.

3. are you dj's in the club really using MP3 files or .wav?...any sound degradation?

i am using mp3s. i encode at the highest setting at 192 kpbs. you´ll never know the difference. if you´re encoding at 128 or less, you will hear the compression for sure.

4. can i use higher quality pre amps such as an M Box...or even an apogee?

not at this time...

5. any latency problems?

if you are a hardcore scratch DJ, you may notice a little lag when scratching a lot, as it takes up a bit of ram to go back and forth with the files so fast...

6. and lastly...where can i get it for less than $499.99?

i don´t know...

hope this helps you out.

paz,

stryke

www.signalcommunications.net

www.finalscratch.com

Ok, stryke is lucky I guess.

I always have a problem w fs. Not all the time though. Just glitches here and there or computer interference sounds.

Installation took me forever but I got through it and install worked ok.

However, playing live, for me, I wouldnt use it(yet). I know and have heard stryke pull it off numerous times (how do you trust fs). Ive also heard a lot of big timers use it live and it sounded great. I heard it crash on Richie Hawtin once and heard little probs w John Acquaviva.

All in all, Im addicted to it. Love it one day, want to throw it out my window other days

wow...all of this is overwhelming...im reading the FS message board right now and im quite alarmed at all the angry users who are having major problems with FS.

i just wanted to get creative going digital and maybe playing some of my own tracks

i figured it would be cheaper than buying a pair of cdj 1000's

although it seems that there are less problems with pc users and FS...no?

so should i get FS and splurge on a min. requirements low price pc laptop or buy some cdj's?

Originally posted by djss

wow...all of this is overwhelming...im reading the FS message board right now and im quite alarmed at all the angry users who are having major problems with FS.

i just wanted to get creative going digital and maybe playing some of my own tracks

i figured it would be cheaper than buying a pair of cdj 1000's

although it seems that there are less problems with pc users and FS...no?

so should i get FS and splurge on a min. requirements low price pc laptop or buy some cdj's?

Go with FS , you'll be able to carry more songs with you

than with cds (less hassle) and you'll still be using vinyl :]

I've been using FS 1.1 on a sony vaio , occasional problems

but it hasn't shut down in the middle of a set . FS will keep improving , remember this is new,cutting edge technology

and it will keep getting better

good luck

N_