Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arc weekend

axe

Sander....

I got there around 4:30 stayed until the end and it was amazing!!

Very techy and amazing ended the set with New Order Blue Monday, followed by an old Dep. Mode, followed by M. Jackson and finally after turning on the lights he droped the wilded tech house song.

Danny was a no show on Friday :rolleyes:

DT ranting

Many Nyc Club People Better Wise Up Soon...

WHY?

Because I have NOT been enjoying myself the way I used to

WHY?

Because there are more & more disrespectful assho*es getting on my very last nerve with sneaking cigarette's right in front of my eyes while they are dancing, and I can only get annoyed so many times per night before I finally get on the microphone, try to burn the idiot myself with 2 million candle watt flashlights and remind them that there is NO SMOKING inside NY venues!

I did not make up this new law, Mayor Gloomberg did, but we have to insist that our patrons respect this otherwise not only are we gonna get fined, but eventually if more MEATHEADS start discovering "Be Yourself Friday's" and don't know the rules, or how to respect their own bodies, our party, our jobs, our livelihood, then I obviously am not going to have fun doing my job as an entertainer if I have to keep seeing these things from the booth, or having to alert security to have someone removed for disrespecting.

And that's only what I can see from the booth.......

The obnoxious new usage of cell phones on the dance floor has also become a real irritating distraction. WHY? Becuase they are not just telephones any longer! They are now also camera's, text messaging units, and many lighting up so brightly, some people are just being disruptful to our lightman and when the light show goes black during a song's breakdown and you see 5 cell phones in VARIOUS Colors , well, it's extremely annoying. ESPECIALLY when the people are not even dancing! They are just standing there on the dance floor with this lit up Nokia TOY! >> No! We're not havin it!

There are various other places in the venue to use those things, NOT on our dance floor. If someone wants to use their stupid cell phones, then they should go into the back lounge or hallway where the coat check is at.

We have security AND undercover security as well, yet some people still get so stupid and lost into a zone of their own....

The bottom line is this........

I LOVE 6 Hubert Street. Arc, Vinyl, Shelter, Body & Soul, Be Yourself Friday's, W H A T E V E R you wanna call the place!

HOWEVER, if it stops becoming FUN for me...... Then I am out of there! Period. I will start hitting the road again once a month or so and make my living that way as well as entertaining myself up at my Loft with a FEW friends. Ain't no one ever gonna disrespect my personal space, that's for certain!

So, on top of the fact that no matter how hard ARC seems to be trying, the AC is still experiencing difficulty and it's just really hot in that booth now, and on top of being hot I have to deal with CHILDREN who probably didn't even know who I was a year ago needing to be educated on "How to BE and not to BE" at our weekly party.

Yes, like I say on the Mic, this is YOUR party...... Without you 800-1000 people per week, I ain't shit, so as I am getting tired of sounding like some jaded old fart, having to lower the music, kill a good vibe and having to remind people (as if they don't already know) that there is no longer smoking allowed inside the building.......

All I know is we are gonna have to enforce some really strict new policy soon like that of the Paradise Garage & The Loft where it was for "MEMBERS ONLY"....... 21 & Over, and you can only get in the club IF you are with a member/cardholder.

That's all I can think of now in my moment of VENTING!

So, don't BE surprised if I have a week or two over the next 2 months where I just simply will not show up there because I am absolutely getting extremely fed up and just feel like I need a break, and hopefully this message will get around to everyone.

NO, I am NOT going to play at CROBAR! Or any other club (new or old) in NYC. Yes, I have had offers, but I am not interested at all at this time. 100% not.

I make this announcement often after I give it up for our opening guest DJ's.....

*I care for you people, whether I know you personally or not. I do not want to hear of any more nonsense that puts me in a mood where I don't even want to play music any longer.

I ask people to respect themselves and to be very careful of what they put into their bodies. I cannot tell people what to do, but I BEG THEM, "IF" they have any intentions on doing anything that's jeapordizing to our party, then to Please "BE YOURSELF SOMEWHERE ELSE"! We do not want your $20-25 dollars if your gonna commit "Disco Suicide" on our premises and ruin a great part of NYC nightlife again for everyone else.

TWILO WAS CLOSED

TUNNEL WAS CLOSED

ARENA WAS CLOSED

LIMELIGHT WAS CLOSED

EVEN EXIT'S EARTH party is unfortunately also over......

ROXY & SF has had their difficulty getting those big rooms filled on a weekly Friday basis. Although they both still kick ass on Saturday's! All clubs are struggling at this time, and that is no secret...... You all know the deal!

WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE NEED TO SEE TO GET THE PICTURE?

Well, I've been holding this post in for some time now, and I just don't care anymore what anyone thinks of what my personal opinion is. I am speaking from what I've been seeing evolve over the last few years and it just disgust me to think that people want to go out to hear music and dance and put Horse & Cat tranquilizer (K) in their bodies.....?????

GHB??? I still don't know what the FU** this drug is? What it looks like? Smells like? Why it even exist? What was it's original purpose on this planet? Why are so many people still spending $20 or more on bullshit XTC that only God knows what is in it?? And then have the nerve to COMPLAIN about a $20-25 dollar door cover charge to hear 10 hours of music???

Do SOME people expect that club owners should just let them in for free and let them rampantly do whatever they want and risk everyone else's happiness?

I know that most of you here are NOT the people I am speaking of. Yeah, maybe some of you do your thing here & there, but you know the type of DODO'S I am speaking of.......

It seems like they just all of a sudden came out of the woodwork and are about to kill it for all the great people who are nothing but passionate for the music and simply love to come out to THE PARTY and not just TO PARTY!

Once again, I am suggesting to all of you who have been coming out to hear me for quite some time now to take control!

THIS IS YOUR PARTY!!! If you see a person doing something WRONG then please alert security and point them out, or tell them yourself!

Otherwise, get ready to..... "ENJOY THE SILENCE"..... ,

While I will be internationally club hopping with other DJ's like Danny Howells, Deep Dish etc... having a blast from Sydney to Budapest, Ibiza & beyond ..........

Have I made myself clear enough???

Peace, Love & Respect to all,

...dt...

Originally posted by revaluation

HOWEVER, if it stops becoming FUN for me...... Then I am out of there! Period. I will start hitting the road again once a month or so and make my living that way as well as entertaining myself up at my Loft with a FEW friends. Ain't no one ever gonna disrespect my personal space, that's for certain!

Oh God, please, yes! Please get out of there! Fucking retire, you stupid panty waste. May you die and be damned to an eternal hell of 60 minute extended remixes of "Touch Me" with bright cell phone screens shining in your oh-so-sensitive eyes.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Oh God, please, yes! Please get out of there! Fucking retire, you stupid panty waste. May you die and be damned to an eternal hell of 60 minute extended remixes of "Touch Me" with bright cell phone screens shining in your oh-so-sensitive eyes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you qouted the letter that DT wrote and the reval cut and pasted, by doing so, it looks like reval was the one saying all of that.

just seems funny. :laugh:

i dunno, maybe it's jst me. :blank: :blank:

Hey... he did make some good points - albeit only in the way DT could - but look.

It's his party right - I guess he gets to make the rules. Some of them are extremely silly but still they are rules.

Smoking - it's just plain lazy to not get your dumb ass outside to smoke. Of course huddling around 40-50 of your closest friends in a small area in the middle of the morning is not exactly my idea of fun - but hey - you can't smoke any where else. I think he should stop stopping the music and yelling at people and simply pull that flashlight out and blind the hell out of them - and I haven't seen a million people lighting up in there either so for the 10 people a night - come on - everywhere gets that now adays...

Drugs or whatever he's ranting on - Your door policy is better than most clubs - you're not going to stop everyone, it's not like everyone is doing it. If they get too fucked up then kick them out - shit it's your club... deal with it.

Cell phone nonsense I mean really... who the hell can hear anything on the floor anyways - and I've not seen it rampant at the Saturday nights either so... must be something with the Friday people...

I dunno - I think he needs a break - just like take a vacation for a little while and you'll come back more refreshed and ready to deal. Or he could look at the brightside - other clubs are going to open up - hopefully they will pull away the "meatheads" and the people that abuse his party. So long as he has Danny Howells playing every month I'll respect his wishes - best damn show in NYC - for the 6 hours of whatever that I'm there listening to DH lay down some nice tunes I'll put up with the jerks and whatever - just don't kill the music.

Guest jroo

Orginally posted by dumbass

They are now also camera's, text messaging units, and many lighting up so brightly, some people are just being disruptful to our lightman and when the light show goes black during a song's breakdown and you see 5 cell phones in VARIOUS Colors , well, it's extremely annoying. ESPECIALLY when the people are not even dancing! They are just standing there on the dance floor with this lit up Nokia TOY! >> No! We're not havin it!

this guy is the biggest fucking loser in the world. the 5 cell phones in the huge club, distracts the lightman. what a fucking fairy. he needs to get his depression in check. what a fucking 'tard. im gonna bring a mp3 cell phone in there and tap into their speakers and play my own shit. i would love to high jack his sound set up...

Originally posted by axe

I agree with sauvee88....and I really think DT is a legend and he helps so many DJs esp. in the US....in other words I think it is OK for him to be :rolleyes: every once in a while.

I agree that Tenaglia is a good dj. I have seen him several times and I love his sets. I know that he is trying to keep parties from shutting down but I think his rants make him look like a crazy person.