Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i need the 411 on boston!!

im going back for labor day weekend, and i need somone who is familier with the city to let me know whats good?

im into house, Tribal, and im gay, Soooooo

if somone can give me the heads up on dj's club night n any events id be really happy,

like what nights are good n bad at certain clubs?

thanks alot,

oly>

i was there a few weeks ago...AVALON was a nice club but crowd was real real lame. Actually there is a whole strip right across the street from Fenway park. All the clubs are connected..this includes Avalon, Axis, and I forgot the other names. The clubs look pretty but the crowd doesnt. I went when Josh Wink was spinning so I dont know how the residents are. I noticed a lot of hip hop was also being played at the various clubs.

Even though I didnt get a chance to go, I heard good things about Pravda. I believe it more of a wanna be elite crowd.

Dont know of any underground, dirty parties..but if you find out let me know cause I plan to go to back. Such a nice city.

There's a great afterhours about 15 min North of the city..if you're looking for a diverse crowd, dirty dirty tribal than make sure you check it out when Taner K or Matty (DJ Tasty is there)...they'll be right up your alley. It opens at 2am..doesn't get packed until 4 or so. Make sure you go for Saturday night afterhours, because if you go on Friday, you're going to walk into a huge ghetto hip hop party! hehe

Pravda is only pretentious on Wednesdays, aka Intl Night, and depending on who is there on Fridays, the crowd can be a lot of fun. Saturdays are more mainstream, Rick Naples spins a mix of house & mainstream hip hop. All in all, a fun night.

Saturdays at The Roxy are pretty big too...I've been a wopping 4 times though...crowd is a little more mainstream..music is definitely not as new lol I wouldn't suggest it though.

Sundays at Avalon is gay night and it's, by far, the best night in the city IMO. Fridays at Avalon are intl guest DJ's (this Friday is Felix da Housecat), and Saturdays are usually DJ Nailz, although next week is Digweed and the following week is PVD.

When exactly are you coming? I can definitely help you out with guestlists, etc :)

Send me a PM if you want more info ;)

XXOO

Originally posted by sparkem

There's a great afterhours about 15 min North of the city..if you're looking for a diverse crowd, dirty dirty tribal than make sure you check it out when Taner K or Matty (DJ Tasty is there)...they'll be right up your alley. It opens at 2am..doesn't get packed until 4 or so. Make sure you go for Saturday night afterhours, because if you go on Friday, you're going to walk into a huge ghetto hip hop party! hehe

Pravda is only pretentious on Wednesdays, aka Intl Night, and depending on who is there on Fridays, the crowd can be a lot of fun. Saturdays are more mainstream, Rick Naples spins a mix of house & mainstream hip hop. All in all, a fun night.

Saturdays at The Roxy are pretty big too...I've been a wopping 4 times though...crowd is a little more mainstream..music is definitely not as new lol I wouldn't suggest it though.

Sundays at Avalon is gay night and it's, by far, the best night in the city IMO. Fridays at Avalon are intl guest DJ's (this Friday is Felix da Housecat), and Saturdays are usually DJ Nailz, although next week is Digweed and the following week is PVD.

When exactly are you coming? I can definitely help you out with guestlists, etc :)

Send me a PM if you want more info ;)

XXOO

kara.. aka the boston welcome wagon! ;)