Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor Day Weekend BBQ???

lyrik

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...got some more info on South Point Park.

Large Pavillions are $80.00

Small Pavillions I think she said $50.00

Music is okay.

Reservations cannot be made over the phone...have to be done in person on 11th St and Jefferson(1100 Jefferson), good thing is they are open 7 days a week until 7pm.

Alcohol...I'm sure it won't be a problem....but she could not tell me for sure since her supervisor wasn't there.

I'll give them a call again tomorrow just to get some more details when the supervisor is back.

About the cost of the pavillion...I am willing to throw some cash and I know my friend will too, but any donations to help make it to the $80.00 would be appreciated...have to coordinate that.

Originally posted by lyrik

Okay...got some more info on South Point Park.

Large Pavillions are $80.00

Small Pavillions I think she said $50.00

Music is okay.

Reservations cannot be made over the phone...have to be done in person on 11th St and Jefferson(1100 Jefferson), good thing is they are open 7 days a week until 7pm.

Alcohol...I'm sure it won't be a problem....but she could not tell me for sure since her supervisor wasn't there.

I'll give them a call again tomorrow just to get some more details when the supervisor is back.

About the cost of the pavillion...I am willing to throw some cash and I know my friend will too, but any donations to help make it to the $80.00 would be appreciated...have to coordinate that.

I DON'T THINK THEY ALLOW BOTTLES JUST CANS....

& IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE ALCOHOL SHOULD BE KEPT ON THE DL...

Guest brwneydtrouble

As far as food, I need to make sure that we will have two BBQs out there, because it takes too long to cook on one, and I like to keep the chicken and beef separate. :) The friday before, I will get together with whoever wants to go with me to get the meat, and whatever else.

As far as spinning, I nominate MrMiami, Vacom, Meng & DJFX (BREAKS!!) and DJSS.

So far I have gotten responses from the following DJs via PM

blendprod

mrmiami

junkiexl

vacom (Micheal Martin Too?)

Mirza

and of course myself...I will probably just throw down a tag-team set with my friend...LyriK & Cruz - Funky House

DJ SS replied on the thread, but not via PM...so I do have him down...but I would like a PM to keep track.

Meng and FX - have not heard from them yet...might be busy that weekend.

JUST GOT A BIG WRENCH THROWN IN THE WORKS HERE......I SPOKE WITH THE SUPERVISOR FOR THE PARKS THAT MANAGE SOUTH PT. PK.

THIS IS IN REGARDS TO ALCOHOL....HE SAID NORMALLY THE COPS LOOK THE OTHER WAY...BUT WITH IT BEING LABOR DAY WEEKEND THEY PLAN ON CRACKING DOWN ON THE DRINKING...HE SAID ANY OTHER TIME HE WOULD SAY NO BIG DEAL BUT WITH THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT WILL BE THERE HE DOES NOT RECOMMEND DRINKING AT THE PARK...ESPECIALLY IN THE VOLUME WE ALL WILL PROBABLY BRING...A LITTLE HARD TO HIDE THAT MUCH LIQOUR.

SO EITHER WE CHANCE IT AND....I DON'T KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF PEOPLE WERE CAUGHT...BUT I DO KNOW I HAVE TO SIGN FORMS TO RESERVE THE PAVILLION AND I MAY BE HELD TOTALLY LIABLE AND PEOPLE COULD MOST LIKELY GET TICKETED AND ANY UNDER-AGE BE ARRESTED.

SO ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR CONVENIENT PLACES ARE WELCOME.....OR LIKE I SAID BEFORE...I CAN HOST THIS AT MY PLACE.

I OWN MY HOME IN A BRAND NEW UNINCORPORATED NEIGHBORHOOD...WITH A PRETTY BIG POOL...PLENTY OF SPACE...POOL TABLE INSIDE...BRAND NEW HUGE STAINLESS STEEL GRILL...VERY COOL NEIGHBORS AND BASICALLY THERE IS NO CONSTRAINTS ON TIME....WE CAN START AND STOP WHENEVER WE WANT....DECKS POOLSIDE!

ONLY DRAWBACK IS....OF COURSE I LIVE A LITTLE FAR SOUTH....ALMOST WHERE KOKY LIVES EXACTLY.....SW 127TH AVE AND QUAILL ROOST.

Guest brwneydtrouble

I'm down for either, since I am in that neck of the woods anyway by Lyriks house. A big stainless grill and pool sounds mighty good to me!!