Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NE one know about cholesterol?

mine was up around there a few months ago when my doc ran blood work...said it was just slightly above the 'normal' range and nothing to really worry about...

...are you taking thing that mite raise those levels any :tongue: if so just wait till ur not and go get another test to shut ur doc up.

Originally posted by someclown

Your LDL should be 110 or less (some books say less than 100). You can probably improve it with some dietary changes and more aerobic exercise.

i dont get it? I do cardio 5-7 days a week, 30 mins per day. My diet is pretty good. I only eat like shit on the weekends. My dad had a heart attack & both grandfathers died of heart attacks. It is my destiny to have one as well, but i dont want to.

That's why you have to find out what the other values are. Technically, it doesn't matter what your LDL alone is. What matters more is the ratio between you LDL (bad cholesterol) and your HDL (good cholesterol). If ther ratio between these 2 values in within a certain range then you are fine, do find out what your HDL is.

BTW...............AAS use can fuck up your blood lipid levels quite easily.

Originally posted by tommyarmani

i dont get it? I do cardio 5-7 days a week, 30 mins per day. My diet is pretty good. I only eat like shit on the weekends. My dad had a heart attack & both grandfathers died of heart attacks. It is my destiny to have one as well, but i dont want to.

HDL cholestorol is referred to as 'the bad cholestorol' In essance if your HDL level is too high in relation to your LDL (the good cholestorol) the HDL can bind to your hearts arteries and build up plaque - thus making you a candidate for a heart attack. At this age no matter what you eat you shouldn't have a high HDL.. but once juice is thrown into the mixture that rule doesn't apply. If your levels are too out of wack for a long period of time you are putting yourself at risk for heart disease.. amongst other things.

Tell your doc your on juice if you haven't already. It will clear a lot of questions up in his mind.

Originally posted by H-BomB

HDL cholestorol is referred to as 'the bad cholestorol' In essance if your HDL level is too high in relation to your LDL (the good cholestorol) the HDL can bind to your hearts arteries and build up plaque - thus making you a candidate for a heart attack. At this age no matter what you eat you shouldn't have a high HDL.. but once juice is thrown into the mixture that rule doesn't apply. If your levels are too out of wack for a long period of time you are putting yourself at risk for heart disease.. amongst other things.

Tell your doc your on juice if you haven't already. It will clear a lot of questions up in his mind.

H-Bomb.....you've got it backwards.

LDL - Low Density Lipoprotein (Bad cholesterol)

HDL - High Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol)

VLDL - Very Low Density Lipoprotein (VERY bad cholesterol)

Don't confuse the kid. LDL is what sticks to arteries and causes plaque, trust me on this.

OU812 is absolutely right about this. HDL is good (better than 60 actually LOWERS your chances for getting a heart attack), LDL and VLDL are bad. A lot of these values are based on genetics, but steroids can definitely make your lipid profile become very bad.