Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JImmy T / Dave Ralph review..

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wow, i haven't been to that part of sobe in months, it's really scary... You'd have to be a moron if you are white to venture down there... You might get jacked.. It is so dirty, with so much hip hop ghetto trash and chickenheads who are all underage getting into club.

If you live in sobe you are trash

if you party in sobe you are trash

if you visit sobe you are trash...

Mirage was blaaaaaaaaaaaaa, opening dj had the volume wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud and banged it out wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard for jimmy. Place is ok, but you can hear the hip hop threw the walls. I stayed only a little while of jimmy's set, and i wasn't really paying attention, place was not so packed, but not dead, but no disrespect to jimmy or beatfriek, but what the hell are you guys thinking trying to revive the house scene down there? anyways, the bartender took care of me after and only after i complained about the beer. Check this out, heienken has a new bottle out, and as soon as you pick it up, you can tell it's different, it feels lite. It's this kinda cool thin glass bottle, the only problem is IT'S ONLY 11.2 OZ!!!!

THAT IS SOME FUCKING BULLSHIT, I'M PAYING FULL PRICE ON A BEER THAT IS .8 OZ'S SMALLER???????? FUCK DAT, SO THE DUDE HOOKED ME UP WITH A FREE ONE, AND HE EVEN AGREED IT WAS BULLSHIT. So boycott heienken... they rip you off...

went over to nerve, door chick was real cool, she took care of us, even though we werent on the list, turns out, i'm just cooler than you stuands therefore, i never pay!!!

nerve has changed since i've been back, i think they are really making an attempt to figure out if they are a club or a lounge. Place was packed.... Well was it? Hard to tell, the vip section was slammed, i spent some time in there signing some autographs, but the dance floor has tables and chairs in it, so it's hard to tell how packed it was... But Dave Ralph threw down a great set, flawless, perfect for the room, not too hard, but not to soft, the house heads would have liked it, but he did crack it up. Sound system was all out of wack, highs were just terrible, but it was still a good time. saw a few cpers out, and the dancers were the bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb! WOW!!!! besides that, not enough chickenheads compared to lauderdale, but ac was working, bar was cool, so jon has made some improvements. My only suggestions is that they get rid of the first section of tables and chairs on the dance floor, so where the two beams are, from that pt toward the booth is still dance floor. new door is cool, but i'd like to see them get people over to the other side...

thanks for the hook up guys had a good time, but man lauderdale just has cheaper drinks, more hot chicks and it's closer, doubt i'll be back in sobe for months....

Guest saleen351

oh, one last thing, five O have been out in full force, jacking people... seen at least 50 cops pulilng people over in the last week, but we saw a dead body last night on 95 south, so be smart, don't drink and drive, throw your trance cds out the window, and take it easy, the smokies are out in full force, and a dui or dwi could fuck your world up...

think when you drink!!!:idea:

Originally posted by saleen351

oh, one last thing, five O have been out in full force, jacking people... seen at least 50 cops pulilng people over in the last week, but we saw a dead body last night on 95 south, so be smart, don't drink and drive, throw your trance cds out the window, and take it easy, the smokies are out in full force, and a dui or dwi could fuck your world up...

think when you drink!!!:idea:

and people say that the saleen is heartless and an asshole.....u see he cares about us after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:;):tongue::laugh:

Saleen your sooo stupid. The heienken's are in metal bottles. I like them because they are much colder and stay colder longer. I'm willing to give up .8oz for a colder beer.

Good to see all the cpers out last night :D thanks for the hook ups.

It is a shame at what has happend in sobe. Thugs all over the place and just dirty looking people.:(

Those dancers at nerve were great. I loved the tape over the nips.:eek: Dave Ralph was really good IMO.

Nerve get rid of all that fucking shit in the dance floor. There is no room to dance any more in there. Who ever thought up putting all that crap right in the middle of the dance floor needs to wake up. GIVE ME SOME OF THAT SHIT YOUR SMOKING.:laugh:

hey Saleen...wassup its J Felix...(resident dj at Club Mirage)...Hey I apologize about the volume....I had no say so in that...the manager of club had me raise it up louder and louder....eventually even Gregg told me to turn down...and then manager came right back and said crack it up....so I just wanted to clear it up....and as far as the dj set..man I was really struggling to find the crowds style...but I a have always been a lil hard when I spin...its all the years of trance and tech house from back in the day.....but...I really appreciate the constructive criticism...I have been out of the scene for a while, so things like this help out big time.... I hope next time I can throw a better set.....its hard to find that pocket/vibe when you just can't find the crowds vibe....

but I think David, Dennis, and Gregg took a risk on trying to bring back the house....and the turn out wasnt that great...but shit happens....they still walked out with their heads high and took at it as a learning experience....

Originally posted by thehog

Saleen your sooo stupid. The heienken's are in metal bottles. I like them because they are much colder and stay colder longer. I'm willing to give up .8oz for a colder beer.

Good to see all the cpers out last night :D thanks for the hook ups.

It is a shame at what has happend in sobe. Thugs all over the place and just dirty looking people.:(

Those dancers at nerve were great. I loved the tape over the nips.:eek: Dave Ralph was really good IMO.

Nerve get rid of all that fucking shit in the dance floor. There is no room to dance any more in there. Who ever thought up putting all that crap right in the middle of the dance floor needs to wake up. GIVE ME SOME OF THAT SHIT YOUR SMOKING.:laugh:

how was the music at mirage :confused:;)

hey Sobeton...the music was nice..Jimmy threw down a cool set with some nice progressive house remixes of some old retro tracks and kept it moving....as Saleen mentioned I spin a little harder and darker...im a big fan of Saeed and Palash, Satoshi Tomie, Africanism, which tend to be quite dark and aggressive...but I thought the vibe was nice.....

Originally posted by jorgefelix

hey Sobeton...the music was nice..Jimmy threw down a cool set with some nice progressive house remixes of some old retro tracks and kept it moving....as Saleen mentioned I spin a little harder and darker...im a big fan of Saeed and Palash, Satoshi Tomie, Africanism, which tend to be quite dark and aggressive...but I thought the vibe was nice.....

Gregg told me you have madd skills, and he is a pretty good judge in that respect. I'm a huge Satoshi fan as well. ;) I'll come check you out next week.. :cool:

thanks man.....yeah....gregg has been nothing but supportive...and nice to find a group of guys that are guiding me the right way...hopefully one of these days I can catch up to Jimmy in popularity....after last nite....Jimmy is a Badass....love to do a tag team set....next time I guess....hmmm I think Friday Gregg and the Garcias are doing it again for friday....come say wassup at the DJ booth....

latez

Guest saleen351

i thought your set was great, however, got a little cheesy, rapture was great, but it was too hard and way too loud, the manager should be fired.

I think dave when he was at tantra had it right, house with percussion. I'd like to see more of that, but it's rare now a days... The music at tantra was always rocking and the drum guy was great! the scene is over, it's completely ova!

and hog,

if you can't drink your beer fast enough so it doesn't get cold, then you have issues, also they had three beers, all the same price yet one of them was .8oz less volume... That is called being ripped off!

sounds like ppl overall had a great time last night..

i was really looking forward to checking it out and possibly finding an "in' to spin in miami...sorry Greg

unfortunately i didn't get out of work till 230 and after being there since 11 in the morn. i had no intention of going out.

i definitely want to check it out next friday...i really admire jimmy's style and skill...not to forget he's been cool when i've

seen him out. hope everone had a great time

See ya next week...hopefully

SS

Thanks to jcbliss for the hookups. Sorry about spilling your drink...

Enjoyed Dave Ralph's set very much...

Nice meeting vipnerd, the lovely Carla, saleen, hog, shroomy, and nice to see other CPers again...

Though I hate the area, also went down to Mirage to check out Jimmy T. Walked in and walked out. Not my crowd. Looked like an overflow crowd from Bash and Union. And Saleen was right, a little too loud. Hope to see Jimmy north of 10th street in the near future.

Originally posted by thehog

Well, look at the location. The crowd was on the street, not in club deep, and that's hard to clean up? It was nice to finally meet you and saleen, beer-crying, and all. :)

JT was, as always keeping me happy, too bad I had to leave early :( I'll catch him next time.