Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any1 Have A Chihuahua?

i have a lemon mini-beagle (lemon=no black spots).

she looks like a large jack russel terrier. still not big though. she only weighs 25 lbs.

they are a nice breed....they are generally very good around people and not too hard to train.

they are very curious dogs though.

have you ever had a dog before?

my aunt has one, i just spent the whole day with him...he is actually very loveable...the only reason why people say they are mean is because small dogs not just chihuahas (sp?) get attached to one person sometimes so they are not as loveable to everyone and also very defensive because they are so little they can easily get hurt...but hes not mean at all...he likes everyone very calm and oohhhh so loveable!! i cant say it enough...they normally dont get bigger than 3 lbs fyi...

Get a little terrier or something, yorkies weigh only 7 lbs or so in general, wheatons are ADORABLE - my friend carries hers around in her shoulder bag, it's nice and small and quiet, i had a westie (west highland white terrier) who I ADORED and was the best best best dog ever on the face of the earth, or you could get one of those ones like Winky in Best In Show - he's a Norwich terrier. They also make "teacup" and "toy" versions of various breeds by mating them a certain way - i would suggest against a toy poodle, i hate poodles, but there are others that are totally cute.

If you're worried toy or teacup dogs are for sissies look for a miniature doberman - they are exactly what they sound like - my parents' friend has one that is really cool and he's no more than knee height. check http://www.dogbiz.com/dogs-grp5/min-pin/minpin.htm for info.

I have a little Chi - MinPin mix. She is just about 8lbs. When I first got her she would'nt go near anyone else. I adopted her from a shelter who resued her from a kill house, so she was as bit shaken up from that experience.

She is a bit timid with strangers, but lets people pet her. Once she gets to know someone, they are best friends.

When I first got her, I took her out everywhere, so she could get accustomed to meeting new people and going to different places. Having heard the same thing about small dog breeds, how they are not very social, and get very exitable, I think it helped alot. She still would rather check people out on her own terms, but doesn't go nuts when people go to pet her.

Now storms are a different story. She's a mess when it thunders out, ditto for fireworks. She shakes, hyperventalates (sp?), and hides under furniture.

With other dogs, she forgets her size and thinks she is the biggest thing on the block, and lets them know it. But once she gets to know them she is cool.