Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help!! Visiting LA

msbionik

I will be visiting LA on the 21st of August through the 25th. Never been to LA- heard the nightlife sux, but I have to see for myself... And what's the deal with no smoking in the clubs? Here in Chicago they do a little more than smoke cigs in da clubs, but that's another story. I'd appreciate it if someone could let us know where to go.

Any suggestions? I am into techno, house, trance, etc. FAv DJs: Frankie Bones, MAuro Picotto, Dj Psycho-Bitch (from Chicago's infamous Crobar and now Zentra) Green Velvet, CArl Cox, Donald Glaude, etc..... Thanks!!!

:dj:

there is an OVERWHELMING supply of info on LA clubs and such in the first 3 stickies of the board. I know its a lot of reading, but take a glance atleast. And if you have more specific Q's, holler back. Just a FYI - for trance clubs, Spundae in Hollywood is the place to be. check www. spundaela.com:cool:

Since when has L.A. a reputation for bad nightlife?!?!? :idea:

Check out my site for tons of info @ www.alexinla.com

Also, the no smoking rule has been a blessing for us, as all the new nightclubs have some incredible outside/inside patios, so you are smoking basically still within the club....

Go to Nacional in Hollywood on a wed( I have a guestlist going, if you want to get in) and you will understand what I am taloking about...

Alex,

A friend of mine who used to live in L.A. moved back here to Chicago was comparing the nightlife between here and there and I guess he likes it better here. Who knows????

Well, it's one more day and I'll be there... Can't wait!!! My friend just came back from visiting and she said she had about ten hours of sleep the whole time she was there (five days) So, I can imagine....She did mention the Stock Exchange and Ivar's.

As far as the music goes, do all the clubs generaly play hip hop? Don't get me wrong I love hip hop too, just like to mix it up a bit.

Not all clubs play hip hop msbionik. The problem with the nightlife here is that its so spread out and you have to know where to go so you dont end up at a club that does not meet your taste. So you would probably be better off with a ride.

Here are some options:

Thursday 8/21 - DJ Harvey@ Ivar - 6356 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood

Friday 8/22 - DJ Irene@Red - 333 South Boylston, Downtown LA

*recommended*Saturday 8/23 - Doc Martin/Robert Oleysick@Spundae - 6655 Santa Monica Blvd, Hollywood

Saturday 8/23 - FAMILY 213.427.8107

Saturday 8/23 - Julius Papp@King King - 6555 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood

Sunday - 8/24 DJ Marques Wyatt w/guest@Deep - 1650 Schrader, Hollywood

Thank you soooooo much sandiegino!! I really appreciate the details. I am definitely going to go see doc martin on Saturday, and DJ Harvey doesn't sound too ba either, actually all of the ones you mentioned sound pretty good. Thank you!!!!:D

Originally posted by alex90028

hmmmm,

thought you liked Red a lot too?!??!

i do, and i'm so touched you remember :heart: ! but i've only been to the new location once, and i'm not sure i like it and what it'll mean for the future of the club. i may be going this friday :) .