Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My message to beatfriek and jimmy t...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!! IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUS!!!!!!

THE ANSWERS TO THE SCENE, THEY ARE RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOUS....

THINK................................

IT'S SO SIMPLE....

JIMMY T PLAYING HOUSE

DANCERS

PERCUSSION GUY FROM GUYMANS PARTY

A LOUNGE NOT A CLUB

DECENT SOUND, WHAT YOU HAD AT GUYMANS PARTY IS MORE THAN ENOUGH

THATS IT!!!! I'D COME OUT ALL THE TIME IF IT'S NOT ON SOBE OF COURSE.. WHY DON'T YOU STUNADS APPROACH NERVE AND DO THIS TYPE OF PARTY??????????

THE AREA NERVE IS IN, HASN'T BEEN GHETTO-FIED YET...

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!

THAT PERCUSSION GUY WAS A RIOT!!! I'D GO SEE HIM ANY DAY OF THE WEEK...

YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO CRANK THE PHAZON LOUD, JUST LOUD ENOUGH TO FEEL IT SO PEOPLE CAN STILL TALK, LIKE LAST NIGHT.......

FORGET THAT CRAP OVER AT MIRAGE, EVEN IF THEY HAD THE BEST PARTY ON THE BEACH, YOU STILL HAVE TO WALK THREW THE GHETTO TO GET THERE, AND ODDS WOULD HAVE IT, A PERSON FROM YOUR GROUP, WON'T MAKE IT... THEY WILL GET JACKED!!!

JUST MY 2 CENTS, I COULD BE WRONG, BUT I NEVER AM;)

good seeing you two out last night...:cool:

ps this is the exact formula tantra used, and they have the best party on the beach....

I agree with Saleen. It was a great party with kick ass beats and a great vibe but a REALLY bad location. I hit NERVE afterward and wished that the party at MIRAGE was held at NERVE. This is the first time I had experienced Jimmy T and owned.

GREAT TIME GUYS!

Thanks again!:cool:

Originally posted by saleen351

ps this is the exact formula tantra used, and they have the best party on the beach....

I think the key word is "used." Believe me, I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything of such... but have you really been to Tantra's lately? I "used" to go there religously and had some great times. I didn't mind paying so much money for drinks or not being able to even move around and dance to my favorite beats bc it was so crowded. I even payed cover if they asked us to. The place was great and well worth it!!! There was a group of like 12 of us and we would go there every weekend. We were very good customers. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the staff started treating everyone like shit. We were on a first name basis with the doorman and he actually charged my friend $25 to re-enter bc he went outside to use his cell phone. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Waiters pushing my friends aroundeven though there was a path cleared for them. I thought it was personal but then a lot of complaints were being heard from different people. We said we'd never return again.

I hope things have recently changed at Tantra's for the better since then- I hope they are doing great and I wish them well... but I don't think they have the best party on the beach: ANYMORE.

Originally posted by jmmdg

I hope things have recently changed at Tantra's for the better since then- I hope they are doing great and I wish them well... but I don't think they have the best party on the beach: ANYMORE.

I don't disagree w/ your post... but where is the best weekly party on the beach?

Guest saleen351

well, the reasons you stated why tantra has fallen off might be true, but the fact remains, that place on monday nights rocks! the music is perfect... and they have the right formula... Dave did a great job, and now he's left, but i'm sure tantra will live on... and the owner of tantra is the nicest guy i've ever met. i'm sure if you email him or ask for him he'll listen to you. he has movie stars up in there, and he spent one whole night buying us drinks and hanging with us poor folks... I can't say enough about how him and dave have treated us, A++++++++ all around...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by norahmiami

tantra on mondays is horrible, if you call that the BEST PARTY in south beach, your taste is totally cheesy.......and way off........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

Dave did a great job, and now he's left, but i'm sure tantra will live on... and the owner of tantra is the nicest guy i've ever met. i'm sure if you email him or ask for him he'll listen to you. he has movie stars up in there, and he spent one whole night buying us drinks and hanging with us poor folks... I can't say enough about how him and dave have treated us, A++++++++ all around...

David was great. Never got to meet him in person but I would always speak to him on the phone or email and make all the arrangements for my group with him. Always a gem. I heard he's now working for Opium. Haven't been there in a long time. Gotta see how he turns it out!

Originally posted by lolahotass

I think that house w/ Jimmy T and the drummer dude would be bad-ass:D

Shit I'd even come out of retirement for that:eek:

Girl, you come out of retirement whenever i say.....:eek::laugh:

As for nick, sorry for the late post, had to dig this one up a couple pages but here goes....

i dont see that we are in the ghetto... i see that we have a new venue to hear jimmy and company( with the right support, all the other dj gems hidden here on CP) As promoters, we dont have the 4 star resume, nor do we have the promotional support YET, but thats in the works...

So i guess what im trying to say is that this is what we got.... If you think the party and jimmy is soooo good, then come out and support... tell your friends!!!!

IF you want us to build it, we gotta start here... Jimmy and I cant just walk into the venues everyone wants to do a party at, and run the show.... this is how the big guys get big, not from baby steps to leaps....

Stop bitching about the location and the ghettofiedness... we're not asking you to drive in a car with them and wear their clothes!!! Look at space when it first started, you cant get anymore ghetto than that, and in no way am i comparing us to space, but we gotta start somewhere just like louis did.... And as much as peeps hate him on here, i give him congrats....:D

He took a chance on somthing he believed in and thats what we are trying to do as well.... With or without the support we deserve, we gonna keep on trying to give miami a party were you can go and hear the newest, phatest, swankydirtyfilthyfunk beats...

A place were you can go and meet up with your crew, meet new open minded partygoers, who want quality not quantity clubbing... :tongue:

sorry for venting on you guys, but its sometimes so hard to get a break here!!!

mi dos pennies!!!

Originally posted by laliux

I don't think there are any best parties in South Beach at the moment. I think the best party during the winter is Nikki Beach but that's it ...then there are some good events every now and then but that's it.

You know what I'm going to say.

:laugh:

But seriously, I'd say that Nerve on Fridays is holding it down wonderfully in terms of DJ bookings and crowd type. The numbers may not always be there, but bar-none I always have a great time at Nerve on Fridays.

I'd say that qualifies as a best party :)

I read what you had to say...and I agree with you 100%...I bitched people out about the noise level and guess what they didnt listen..as of Saturday the blew 4 subs cuz of that shit...so they got what they wanted..they had it loud as hell....however, like Beatfriek said...we all have to start somewhere....and yes I hated going to Space when it opened cuz I was worried if my car would still be there the next morning....but its a stepping stone...Im working really hard with the 3Gs to make whatever we can of Mirage's house nite...but soon we will have that Nerve Party witht he krazy percusian player and Jimmy T and J Felix....it takes time....the least you can do is just show some support and do what you do best bash out everyone.....shit I loved it when you bashed me out....can't please everyone but I can die trying...(side note: I was a little to dark that nite...shit happens...had a bad afternoon that day....I spin with my emotions)

....but we all know deep down inside these are just opinions that you have and I have 100% more respect for you... but if you can swing by on friday at Mirage...I would love to meet you...let me by you several drinks....and I would like to hear more of you opinions

thanks for your time Saleen

j felix