Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Ultra On The Beach

sweetfear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, This sucks.. The only reason that made the whole event appealing to me was that it was ON THE BEACH... I hope they dont have to move away from the beach, or that they dont cancel it at least...

from The Miami Herlad At an Ultra event at Miami's Bayfront Park that attracted 30,000 people in March, 92 people were arrested and nine people suffered drug overdoses, according to police and fire officials.

This ppl cant be serious... They probably never even studied basic statistics... anyone who is rational can see and understand that out of 30 THOUSAND people, only 92 arrests, including all reasons for which sombody could be arrested (breaking in, drunkenness, disorderly conduct.. whatev) this number represents a 0.0031 % of the whole public in attendance to the event. Now if you ask me, that is one hell of a tiny number... And the ppl who ODed, well that's not even big enough to count... Were these officials expecting NO drug users at this event?? historically for ANY event that involves young ppl, there is always some bad apples.. specially out of 30 THOUSAND in the year 2003!! Its not like it was a christian fellowship gathering in the middle of oklahoma city.. Jeezz! this pisses me off.... :mad:

I say :bigfinge: to city officials who keep changing their minds and making life impossible for the event organizers...

Peace guys!

mp3.-:smoke:

Actually, I think i mentioned this to Pod the other day. Not to bring up a sore subject like the Rave Act again, but it's interesting to note that it can be used to punish promoters and club owners, but can be extended so far as to punish actual PROPERTY owners. In effect, the city of Miami Beach is open to liability under the Rave Act by hosting the Ultra event.

Sadly, I think many local governments will be hesitant to allow these events to take place on public property in the future.

the city of miami beach is so stupid...they dont allow this parties that will bring nice people from up north ..but when all the fucking gangs come and destroy the city,hotels and clubs....stabings,shootings...which is usual every weekend now here in sobe ,,they dont do shit...a lot of wealthy people avoid coming to south beach and a lot of businesses are hurt cuz this ghetto shit......and what they do? they look the other way!!!

is all bullshit!!

another stupid move by the city of Miami Beach. Ultra would have brought them lots of $$$$$$$. with Nikki beach two steps from closing, and other clubs on the verge of closing their doors because of massive politicking, etc.. the city is quickly becoming a skeleton of what it once was. perhaps the image SOBE the ghetto, will sit well with the city.. HOW SAD ! :(:mad:

Originally posted by sobeton

another stupid move by the city of Miami Beach. Ultra would have brought them lots of $$$$$$$. with Nikki beach two steps from closing, and other clubs on the verge of closing their doors because of massive politicking, etc.. the city is quickly becoming a skeleton of what it once was. perhaps the image SOBE the ghetto, will sit well with the city.. HOW SAD ! :(:mad:

is really sad...i have a bussines right in the heart of south beach,upscale retail ,for 4 years...and sales are down at least 30% compared to last year,and the mayority of my customers told me that they think twice of coming down cuz all this ghetto hip-hop stars wannabes!!!cuz not even the real hip-hop stars want to hang on the streets cuz all this crap,they prefer to rent a club and thats it!!...........

Originally posted by sobeton

SOBE now caters to the wealthy with all their high rises and fancy pricey boutiques and spas. They quickly forget what a run down area it was once and how tourism was at an all time low. They don't care for the locals or the club/nightlife in SOBE...