Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Edgar V @ Crobar REVIEW

xxgrooveericxx

Since I'm the only dumbass awake at 7am on Saturday morning after an Edgar V show....I guess I'll start up this thread! :)

Showed up at around 11:30pm

Walked to the upstairs loft thing, check out the club. :)

Around 12:15 or so, hit the bar; long island blue for me :eek:

(Yes, I know....me drinking?!?:eek: )

1am or so, EV starts.......:D

Notable tracks played, and from what I can remember....

James Holden - Nothing

Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes

Paul Van Dyk - Time Of Our Lives

Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But you

Fictvision vs. Cequence - Cymbols

At 2:30, I left :(

It was nice to see a lot of CPers there last night.

Let's see who I can remember....

djdekan, steffy, tranzwhore, lex, mjm420, koky, fliptoniaaa, themrs, mrmatas, mrmiami, echoesofdusk, candyroll :D

For all others, my apologies :tongue:

I had an awesome time for the short time I was there. Next time, it will be much different.....party all night! ;)

And now, I get to hear 8 hours of crap...:blown:

Well it is now 2:20 in the afternoon.. Just woke up from one of the best nights out I've had since.. The last time he was at Crobar! But I have to say that this one blew last time waaaaaaaaay out of the water!!! Was nice to see so many CPers out there.. We definitely dominated that area! I say we should reserve it just for us and our friends and block everyone else out! :D Props to Pete for taking care of us at the door.. Edgar was on point the entire night as usual.. Had that dancefloor and dj booth area mad! Can't wait to do this again next month!!

He also played Paul Van Dyk - Connected which is the best thing Paul Van Dyk has done since avenue imho. Some older rehashed trance classics as well .. from my era 98-99 .. Binary Finary - 1998 and Veracocha - Carte Blance .. brought back some memories ..I'lll give credit where creidt is due and Edgar had me dancing most of the night .. some stuff was a bit over the top for me but that first hour was realllly good .. nice dirving melodic progressive house/trance .. He's good at what he does and I'm happy that he's getitng a chance to play for people who want to hear him play. Good luck to you and Crobar and Congrats on the residency. :)

I may just show up a couple of times .. Seven Days and one week or Seven Cities would make me happy next time. glad you dug the cd .. I'll have some more stuff for you next week and I'm sure you'll rock arc tonight.

One last thing ... good meeting some new CP'ers .. Liz/Crazy C/Maria and seeing the usual insane group of CP'ers too many to count .. reminds me of the old Mafia when we used to own that booth when any balance dj came into town.

It's really nice to see someone get a following like that support from your locals means so much in this scene.

Originally posted by rcrespo

Some older rehashed trance classics as well .. from my era 98-99 .. Binary Finary - 1998 and Veracocha - Carte Blance ..

great tracks :aright: I love that melodic type trance that's not corny bubble gum 93.1 trance.

Some more tracks from back in the day I still love.

BT mercury and solace

Humate Love stimulation

Private first taste

Disco Citizens Nagazaki Badger

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

BT mercury and solace

Disco Citizens Nagazaki Badger

BT has some really great songs.....Dreaming, Godspeed, and my all time favorite, Flaming June.

I have the Mercury and Solace EP, with all the remixes, all I can say is INCREDIBLE.

Disco Citizens.....isnt't that like Chicane or something under a different name?

Private first taste

Private Taste - First (Ashtrax Re-Rub) is still where its at .. amazing rework by the Ashtraxian's :)

yeah it was some cool feel good music.

you should check it out next time ? :)

i've already asked for seven cities/seven days and one week/i'll add first (Ashtrax re-rub to that) :)

Friday night at Crobar has to be one of the ost amazing nights I have ever had...

This was my first experiencewith EV AND C/P and it completely blew me away. EV you are amazing and you had me moving, clapping, smiling and jumping up and down all night long. I am now an EV fantill I die. I have a friend that owns clubs in LA and he wants your contact info. Please PM with this so I an get it to him and he will contact you.

As for all of you Crazy Ass C/P er's....I have found my new family. Thank you to MJM420 for being such a sweet host and introducing me to almost everyone in the room. Flip and THEMRS...all I can say is Holy Shit and wait for Fliptoniaaa. Diaboloque, Koky, Mursa, Candy, Mr Miami, MrMatas, Tranzwhore and everybody else I met but cant remeber at this point because my head is still a little foggy..you are guys are great and I cant wait to do this again. Please feel free to call me for a et together anytime.

Thanks again CP for a Fantabulous night out.

CrzyC

PS Still disappointed Pod didnt show?!?!?!? LOL

Originally posted by CrzyC

Friday night at Crobar has to be one of the ost amazing nights I have ever had...

This was my first experiencewith EV AND C/P and it completely blew me away. EV you are amazing and you had me moving, clapping, smiling and jumping up and down all night long. I am now an EV fantill I die. I have a friend that owns clubs in LA and he wants your contact info. Please PM with this so I an get it to him and he will contact you.

As for all of you Crazy Ass C/P er's....I have found my new family. Thank you to MJM420 for being such a sweet host and introducing me to almost everyone in the room. Flip and THEMRS...all I can say is Holy Shit and wait for Fliptoniaaa. Diaboloque, Koky, Mursa, Candy, Mr Miami, MrMatas, Tranzwhore and everybody else I met but cant remeber at this point because my head is still a little foggy..you are guys are great and I cant wait to do this again. Please feel free to call me for a et together anytime.

CrzyC

I'm glad my directions got u there. Worth the trip, huh? Edgar V is the man. I saw you having a great time. Hope to see you again real soon.

CrzyC

:kiss2:

:aright:

anytime glad u had a great time... too many more too come!!!

what can i say about EV... my man u :rock: the house!!!!

incredible set....very nice to have met crzyc... had a blast as well... for the rest of u guys & gals...

always a pleasure hanging with u peeps & always a pleasure meeting new peeps... til next outing!!!!!

L8R...

had good time....great song selection from Edgar....cannot complain, the morning came too early in my opinion...(they should get EV doing "afterhours" somewhere)...overall a great night...good seeing alot of the CPers i havent seen in a long time...great hanging with the following people: Meli, Shroomy & wife, Steffy, Flyingfestoon (good luck in DC), Lavosdeliablo, Mjm420 (his ex and her sister <--- awesome chics), Flippers, Themrs, TW, Lex, Mrmiami & friend, Happyface, Rcrespo, Echoes, Nmotion, Grooveric, Candy, Jackie, Dekan, Cheekeetika, Tricksy and Obby.....great meeting: CrazyC (very cute girl, great talking with ya for a while Meli was "mingling"...we def. have to hang out again...and remember Pensacola aint that bad :laugh: )....

CrzyC

Your friend can check out www.pamdjs.com thats Edgar's booking agent contact info.

Originally posted by liquidx

And I MISSED HIM!!!!:( :( :( .. There was nothing I could do about it though:( . Anyways, EDGARV@ MAZE THIS COMING FRIDAY!!!! IM THEEEREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

I acn believe I missed this though..

Well he's playing for about 2 hours 3 max...but you can always come back and see him at Crobar on Sept. 12th! ;):D

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

.great meeting: CrazyC (very cute girl, great talking with ya for a while Meli was "mingling"...we def. have to hang out again...and remember Pensacola aint that bad :laugh: )....

Matas, you had me cracking up all night. We def have to hang again. Tell Melli thanks for giving up her seat for a few hours :laugh: .

Ps Pensacola is great if you've never been to Miami...:eek: