Clubplanet Nightlife Community

help: overseas clubnight listings.

trigster

new to this board. hi! anyway, me and my girl are grooving on over to bali and then hong kong this september. a couple of random searches showed that lee burridge is in bali, like, right now, and danny howells in in hong kong 4 days after we leave. trying to figure out what's on when we're there.

need links to listings. thanks!

Originally posted by trigster

new to this board. hi! anyway, me and my girl are grooving on over to bali and then hong kong this september. a couple of random searches showed that lee burridge is in bali, like, right now, and danny howells in in hong kong 4 days after we leave. trying to figure out what's on when we're there.

need links to listings. thanks!

Looks like you're doing a damn good job by yourself. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

for hong kong, try gwylorecords.com or hkclubbing.com (

i was in hong kong around this time last year for 4 months. my recommendations for good music venues/clubs:

level 27

liquid

home

drop

c club

sometimes club ing, that's where most of the international djs play out when they're in town. . .

any listings/flyers you'll see w/locals like teng boon, ladystar, joel lai or dj yin should be a good night. . .

have to warn you though. . .the djs/music in hong kong is very eclectic (which i like). . .in one night most djs i met like to go from ambient/dub to deep house to prog house and then throw in dancehall shit and other outthere types of music. . .that or you get shite djs totally influenced by the cheesy euro dance sound (blame the expats and cantopop). . .

if all else fails, the general neighborhood for clubs/bars is in lan kwai fong (on the island). . .

oh! and if you see a skinny old chinese guy with a long white beard, a fedora, smoking like a bastard (and you probably will if you go out at least one night in hk). . .that's kulu. . .talk to him, he's like 60 years old but knows more about music and the scene, int'lly tied to UK and HK, more than any other wanker/promoter/dj you'll meet there. . .tell him korean michelle says HI!

Originally posted by scratchapella

oh! and if you see a skinny old chinese guy with a long white beard, a fedora, smoking like a bastard (and you probably will if you go out at least one night in hk). . .that's kulu. . .talk to him, he's like 60 years old but knows more about music and the scene, int'lly tied to UK and HK, more than any other wanker/promoter/dj you'll meet there. . .tell him korean michelle says HI!

Is that your ex-boyfriend Scratch? :tongue: