Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thread about the weekend that isn't the weekend thread

nyis4meatheads

Since people aren't going to be around tomorrow (I'm hopefully leaving work early), I figured I'd do a pre-weekend thread thread.

Last night I booked a room up in Montreal for Friday and Saturday night. Leaving work around 1 - 2 tomorrow, heading up there for a weekend of horrible, horrible drunkeness. I'm going to try to catch Burridge @ Stereo, but I don't see it happening. I'm going with the roomates and they'd be lost in a setting like that. Maybe I can con them into seeing Sasha @ Aria... I mean, he is my favorite DJ in the whole world.

Who else has big plans for the weekend? X, I heard you got a new roto-tiller :eek:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday... Not too much, cutting the grass, trying to cut it like the field crew from Fenway, when the game is on Fox, very nice cut.

Saturday... Start drinking @ 10:30am, going to Jillians around 11:30, meeting up w/ friends for lunch, then going into the Game... After the game, heading over to Fanueil Hall to meet up w/ the work nerds, probablly horrify them, alot! Probably repeat the horrifing over and over again till 2am, then reallt start drinking..

Sunday.. Going to water works around 4pm for drinks and the BBQ pit.. try and get outta there before the crowd rolls in for the evening of cheese...

Monday.....Watering the lawn.

Friday - going up to Maine for seafood and drinks and beach and all kinds of good stuff :D

Saturday - heading down to Boston to meet up with prplhz, tinyb, going to friendly's to eat and entire days worth of calories in a 20 minute time frame, then heading out to a couple of bars and onto Avalon. Sticking with beer this weekend btw ;)

Sunday- down to a cookout in Abington and Monday morning bringing tiny to the airport and meeting up with my old roomates to chill for the day.

Love long weekends :aright:

Originally posted by groovefire

First I'm going to Avalon for a most Epic night of 1998 music, then I'm shooting over to the Roxy to toss some napkins at muscle gudios with no shirts on....

Oh wait, that's not my weekend, that all the other losers on this board, never mind. :rolleyes::tongue::D

You're just pissed you have to spin and you can't be epic with us :tongue:

It's true. I finally have cash to have fun with again, after having sat out a month of fun, but noooooooooo....

Mark it down for the 20th - nyc roadtrip.

My "Super K" fortune cookie "Grant yourself a wish this year; only you can do it"

What should I wish for?? :)

Friday: Record shopping

Saturday night: :shaky:

Saturday Afterhours: Therapy for Will's birthday party.

Sunday: Sleep all day.

Sunday night: Go to the Diplomat to see Brett Vs. Nailz

Monday morning: Leave Diplomat, and drive to New Hampshire.

Monday: BBQ in NH at a friends house.

Monday night: Go to boss' Dad's Shiva (sp)

Monday night ctd: Liquid Lounge.

Originally posted by stymie

:laugh: yeah im sure. thats fukin gross. chicago style or greasy-ass Boston/NY style?

Same deal as before... $20 cover etc.? Anything going on after?

mad questions.

Cover should be 10 or 15 this time, not 20.

Lots of people going to Therapy afterwards, but I'm sure there is stuff in town too.

First I'm going to Avalon for a most Epic night of 1998 music, then I'm shooting over to the Roxy to toss some napkins at muscle gudios with no shirts on....

Oh wait, that's not my weekend, that all the other losers on this board, never mind. :rolleyes::tongue::D

Okay instead we can go to Newport wait in line for 30 minutes then deal with the rude door staff pay $15 dollars to get in and maybe after sitting and waiting at the bar for 45 minutes I may actually get a drink from the obnoxious bartender. And then I can walk around all night like I have a stick up my ass. Of course the music will be better there than The Roxy but I guess it just depends on what you are looking for in your experience.

I will have a good time at The Roxy this weekend and I will tell Adilson you said hello :rolleyes::tongue::D

Sat. morning - leave for NYC

Sat night - meet up with my friend in NY go to all the bars and get wasted

Sun morning - still out from Sat night

Sun night - Head over to Arc and meet up with the Boston girls to see Dt and S&P :D

Monday morning - still at Arc

Monday night - make it home in time to see Paradise Hotel :D

Originally posted by jules5335

Okay instead we can go to Newport wait in line for 30 minutes then deal with the rude door staff pay $15 dollars to get in and maybe after sitting and waiting at the bar for 45 minutes I may actually get a drink from the obnoxious bartender. And then I can walk around all night like I have a stick up my ass. Of course the music will be better there than The Roxy but I guess it just depends on what you are looking for in your experience.

I will have a good time at The Roxy this weekend and I will tell Adilson you said hello :rolleyes::tongue::D

Alrighty then. Mark "Operation Try To Guilt Friends Into Hanging Out With You" an utter failure.

Originally posted by jules5335

PS - I am officially now TERRIFIED of a 4'11" girl. :worry::shake:

Originally posted by irishhoney

Sat. morning - leave for NYC

Sat night - meet up with my friend in NY go to all the bars and get wasted

Sun morning - still out from Sat night

Sun night - Head over to Arc and meet up with the Boston girls to see Dt and S&P :D

Monday morning - still at Arc

Monday night - make it home in time to see Paradise Hotel :D

Sounds like a solid weekend! Did you see S&P vs. DT at Arc last time they did it? Awesome show! If I'm still alive after Montreal maybe I'll try to head down for this... don't know how that will work out though.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

On the off chance that I get to hear music this weekend, it's going to be so much better than the Epic Adilson fest you losahs are gonna hear in Boston :D

You wish! The only music you'll be listening to is unplugged and you know it! :tongue:

I would definitley rather be doing what Irishoney is doing but what can you do ;)

I was only kidding Todd that was my first impression of the place and obviously it's been lasting - I'm actually not a big fan of Newport nightlife most of the places out there are like that. I guess because it's so seasonal I bet I would love it in the off season.

I'm sure I will be making it to Therapy after to celebrate Willy's birthday and I'm not sure what I'm doing Sunday - Monday but I know I have to go a wedding reception on Monday afternoon. (I feel like X now)