Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just Wondering....

TheMrs

Does anyone know of any Salsa clubs down here?

Yes, I know most of you don't care.

But there used to be a great club called Starfish, and it closed. But not many people knew about it. Only the people that were into salsa dancing. The place would get too packed.

So I'm wondering if anyone might know of any small clubs that might play some good Salsa.

Not Bongo's please.

Maybe some of the newbies or the peeping toms.

Thanks! :)

-Tonie.

Guest saleen351

i saw starfish on tv years ago.... looked gay.........

but lauderdale for a while had salsa outside but i don't think they do it anymore.. i'll check for you..

Originally posted by saleen351

i saw starfish on tv years ago.... looked gay.........

but lauderdale for a while had salsa outside but i don't think they do it anymore.. i'll check for you..

:kiss2:

You're a doll!

You see, I don't know why people hate against you!

You're the bomb. :D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by themrs

:kiss2:

You're a doll!

You see, I don't know why people hate against you!

You're the bomb. :D

PLUS I'M CUTE!!!

I don't know about a pure salsa club, but La Covacha seemed like a fun place when I went there a while back. All forms of latin music. Just wish I spoke better Spanish. :D

The lazy person in me likes to walk down to Tropigala in the Fontainbleau when Willy Chirino is in town.

Of course, you could always hang out with the tourists at Mango's on Ocean Drive. A mix of salsa and merengue. I know most people love to put down places that are tourist traps, but it's one of the easiest places to go to in South Beach if that's what you're looking for.

Originally posted by macboy

I don't know about a pure salsa club, but La Covacha seemed like a fun place when I went there a while back. All forms of latin music. Just wish I spoke better Spanish. :D

The lazy person in me likes to walk down to Tropigala in the Fontainbleau when Willy Chirino is in town.

Of course, you could always hang out with the tourists at Mango's on Ocean Drive. A mix of salsa and merengue. I know most people love to put down places that are tourist traps, but it's one of the easiest places to go to in South Beach if that's what you're looking for.

Thank you! :aright:

Does anyone know of any Salsa clubs down here?

Yes, I know most of you don't care.

But there used to be a great club called Starfish, and it closed. But not many people knew about it. Only the people that were into salsa dancing. The place would get too packed.

So I'm wondering if anyone might know of any small clubs that might play some good Salsa.

Not Bongo's please.

Maybe some of the newbies or the peeping toms.

Thanks! :)

-Tonie.

yeah salsa does suck............unless its on pasta!!! ;)

Originally posted by happyface

yeah salsa does suck............unless its on pasta!!! ;)

Kiss my ass Happy!!

Hey, Laliux, thanks....on the webiste it says that Bongo's was strictly salsa on Fridays, which I didn't know. Hopefully we'll check it out one of these weekends.

Nah we used to teach. Don't want to perform either.

Just wanna go have fun and dance the night away like the old days (tear).

Thanks!!

do u know a guy named Willy?..his gf's name is Minny. Willy and Minny! :D he told me he used to teach too..i don't know where though.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Check this out. one of my freinds owns this company.

for events and lesson. It is mostly in Ft. Lauderdale but if you are interested

Latin Beat - Salsa Dancing

LATIN BEAT IS GREAT!!!! I TOOK SALSA LESSONS FROM THEM IN FT LAUD WHEN I FIRST MOVED HERE. PALADIUM IN FT LAUD IS GREAT ON EITHER WED OR THURS, I CANT REMEMBER WHICH...LATIN BEAT GOES THERE AFTER CLASS TO SHOW OFF AND HELP THE NEW PEOPLE WITH THEIR MOVES ON THE DANCE FLOOR. IF YOU EVER WANT TO GO,PLEASE LET ME KNOW I MISS DOING THIS KIND OF DANCING!!!!