Clubplanet Nightlife Community

danny howells 24/7 - so so

georgeacasta2

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

first CD was good

The second CD sounds like the same shit that's been around for the past 6 years. There must have been 7 tracks in a row with no vocals.

Someone needs to revive this genre of music. I'm not feeling it.

I agree - I'm looking to new guys like Zabiela to give house a kick in the ass.

im all over cd1.

this is what a 'back to mine' cd should sound like.

has anyone heard the underworld back to mine?

oh my god, it has to be the worst one to date!

:(

in regards to vocals, i guess it's all a matter of personal taste. personally give me the minimal quirky shit anyday over cheesy vocals with the words 'house music' looping over and over.

now back to danny's 24:7

i don't think it was a lack of vocals that didn't make cd 2 a better mix. it was just stuck in 1 genre of music so to speak so it got a little stale quick. it's funny, people don't realize how difficult it is to make a double mix cd and do it in a way to please 'everybody'.

lee burridge's 24:7 comes out september 23rd. i heard some really good reviews. we'll see what happens:hat:

Originally posted by diegonyc

in regards to vocals, i guess it's all a matter of personal taste. personally give me the minimal quirky shit anyday over cheesy vocals with the words 'house music' looping over and over.

very very true. It's a matter of taste and I totally agree with you about 24/7

I'm a total Ho for Howells and 24/7 did nothing for me. Disc1 was alright, and Disc2 was a joke. I haven't been getting into his live sets that much either anymore......maybe I've just heard him spin out too many times and am getting numb to his style.

What was was once new is now old I guess. I'm not giving up all faith, just gonna take a break! :D

Originally posted by rcrespo

slam is doing the next back to mine and its gonna be something special i guarantee

the two boys from scotland have the skillz to take it to the next level ---------> I'll keep my eyes peeled for this one!

Originally posted by rcrespo

according to the soma kids its coming out in january i can't wait .. i expect lots of detroit techno and good shit like that. :)

I hope so.....I really liked Fabric 09 - but it wasn't nearly as hard/techno sounding as I would have liked from a SLAM comp.

Originally posted by joeygk

I'm a total Ho for Howells and 24/7 did nothing for me. Disc1 was alright, and Disc2 was a joke. I haven't been getting into his live sets that much either anymore......maybe I've just heard him spin out too many times and am getting numb to his style.

:jawdrop: ....i agree 24/7 wasnt what i expected...its funny i bought it when it came out and havent listened to it since...yesterday i put in disc 2 and have been rocking it since...it "grows" on u....def. diff than what i expected from DH, but i guess he was trying to something else that was unexpected from DH...