Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundgarden Opens Sat. Sept 6

satan

Originally posted by arkmoned

maybe i misunderstood your comparasion, cause, that club has a dress code and a great crowd, i go there alot with my friends... however you did say the the soundgarden was for sweat and no drees code and my responce to your statment is your bashing and your WRONG

Dude i know how to read, Maybe YOu don't know how to Write your Would your Spell that RIGHT:laugh:

no dress code?? you obviously have never been to tASTE on a satrday!! The people are dressed way better then anywhere else because we enforce the dress code harder then anyone. Do yourself a favor #1 shut up when you have no correct info to speak of and #2 when you go to soundgarden and see that the place has 1/2 the people inside compared to last year.... come to that little "resturant" called Taste and see where your crowd disappeared to..... if you're dressed nice enough to get in that is.

now zip it

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

You can not compare Taste to Sound Garden. Sound Garden is an instituion in North Jersey.

In past years you're correct Brian, this year is way different, you can see and hear peoples response to Taste already and we haven't opened yet. People know about the place this year and with Joe there and Cherri and bunka being closed all the north jersey clubs are gonna be busy IMHO, I think the loungy NYC like clubs will have the upper hand though this year. People are tired of big dark clubs.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

If you think Sound Garden is a big dark club then you have lost your mind. Sound Garden will always be a good time no matter what other clubs/lounges open up in the area. And there will be other places opening in central jersey to take some of Bunka's cutomers.

Bigger and Darker then most of the places people are goign to

Brian I am not knocking SG, to make a statement that you know isn't true about DJs is ridiculous...... Stevie is great for that room... tons of commercial stuff that people wanna hear, but you know he's no Joe giorgio Bri, cmon now........

I posted this on another thread about an hour ago just to show you Im not knocking anyone, I think people are looking to go to lounges more this year though IMHO

Soundgarden has been doing better in previous years then Taste. I think however that this year will be different, Im not saying that we'll do more people, It's my feeling that a night with 350-400 people at Taste with Giorgio at a classy ass lounge, will be more desirable then a night with 700 people at soundgarden and their atmosphere, people are looking to go get dressed up and hang out at a lounge, not come as you are and dance all night and never sit down and chill, Im just messing with Dave, I hope SG does their 5-700 people and SP does their 800 people and I do my 400 people. Everyone will eat..... and we'll all be happy. I wish everyone luck with all their parties including us too.

"people are looking to go get dressed up and hang out at a lounge"

I'm not causing drama, but I don't consider Jeans of any brand dressed up and I guess girls will be wearing dresses at taste instead of there normal club gear. As far as Steve zaccone, yes he plays commerical( which I wish he would play alittle more harder), SG is more of a crazy place, which is what I like. I guess to each his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mkutlass

"people are looking to go get dressed up and hang out at a lounge"

I'm not causing drama, but I don't consider Jeans of any brand dressed up and I guess girls will be wearing dresses at taste instead of there normal club gear. As far as Steve zaccone, yes he plays commerical( which I wish he would play alittle more harder), SG is more of a crazy place, which is what I like. I guess to each his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dressed up I mean jeans and button downs for guys.... nice clothes for girls, no diesel tee shirts no babseball caps, no sneakers at all.......

I never said stevie was a bad DJ just stated my opinion, he should play a little more tribal tho

I think SG is going to be really good this yr. SG last yr. did the same old thing week in and week out last yr, it was packed but just got repettive. With the new soundsystem which is pretty hot and guest dj's I think SG will be even better than last yr.

I hope we all do better then last year... we got 30G in new sound and DJ equip this year too

Originally posted by carguy19

Brian I am not knocking SG, to make a statement that you know isn't true about DJs is ridiculous...... Stevie is great for that room... tons of commercial stuff that people wanna hear, but you know he's no Joe giorgio Bri, cmon now........

I posted this on another thread about an hour ago just to show you Im not knocking anyone, I think people are looking to go to lounges more this year though IMHO

Soundgarden has been doing better in previous years then Taste. I think however that this year will be different, Im not saying that we'll do more people, It's my feeling that a night with 350-400 people at Taste with Giorgio at a classy ass lounge, will be more desirable then a night with 700 people at soundgarden and their atmosphere, people are looking to go get dressed up and hang out at a lounge, not come as you are and dance all night and never sit down and chill, Im just messing with Dave, I hope SG does their 5-700 people and SP does their 800 people and I do my 400 people. Everyone will eat..... and we'll all be happy. I wish everyone luck with all their parties including us too.

Allow me to explain what I see, first of all the drama is a bunch of crap, deal with the facts, you just said Taste with your 400 people….. soundgarden with there 700 people

Dude I’ve been in taste….. and it’s a nice place But it’s a Restaurant the Soundgarden is 3 times maybe four times the size of taste, if taste restaurant, holds 150 people that’s a lot…. So please try and stop the Hype Bullshit.

And Like Brian Stated… Soundgarden is an institution in the nightclub seen, hands down and about the DJ the Zacone Dude, Bro this guy rips the club apart and would rip any club apart, the problem is you never see him on these message boards hiding behind 4 different screen names bashing other DJ’s…

Here’s one for ya ASK your Dj’s Where and What Club they’d rather work in.. Or better yet What Sound System they’d like to get behind Dude the club lives up to it’s name, enough already

:hat:

Originally posted by carguy19

You know Carguy i dont know if i know you or dont but i really wasnt gonna respond to your post because i dont need to try to rip another place to make me feel better about where i work but you seemed to back track alittle bit here compared to your other post so i guess thats cool. I happen to know the owners of Taste which btw is a Resturaunt not a lounge. Secondly every year some "new" and up and coming promoters are gonna take a resturaunt or new club and put a club that has been in business 20 yrs out of business by mostly dissing us but not really coming up with the real substance to put us out of business.. example lights sound high quality acts ect ect .....your liquor is exactly our liquor it doesnt taste better at Taste ...so prey tell where is your venue better.? i could sit here and diss Taste too its prob alot easier than you think but i dont need to do that.

Bro all i am saying is promote your party all you want thats great i hope you do well but the old saying people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones rings well here i think .........know what i mean?

"we got 30G in new sound and DJ equip this year too"

Wow that's alot of money, for that kind of money u should get

1) kick ass light show( I know I install lighting) like trackspots or technobeams or studio spots 250's

2) a slammin sound system Eaw or jbl subs, crown amps

Sounds like a bunch of wasted money for the type of party u guys r throwing, meaning loungy enviroment being able to talk to someone without shouting.

Originally posted by richiev525

You know Carguy i dont know if i know you or dont but i really wasnt gonna respond to your post because i dont need to try to rip another place to make me feel better about where i work but you seemed to back track alittle bit here compared to your other post so i guess thats cool. I happen to know the owners of Taste which btw is a Resturaunt not a lounge. Secondly every year some "new" and up and coming promoters are gonna take a resturaunt or new club and put a club that has been in business 20 yrs out of business by mostly dissing us but not really coming up with the real substance to put us out of business.. example lights sound high quality acts ect ect .....your liquor is exactly our liquor it doesnt taste better at Taste ...so prey tell where is your venue better.? i could sit here and diss Taste too its prob alot easier than you think but i dont need to do that.

Bro all i am saying is promote your party all you want thats great i hope you do well but the old saying people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones rings well here i think .........know what i mean?

Amen Richie.

:aright: :aright:

Originally posted by arkmoned

Allow me to explain what I see, first of all the drama is a bunch of crap, deal with the facts, you just said Taste with your 400 people….. soundgarden with there 700 people

Dude I’ve been in taste….. and it’s a nice place But it’s a Restaurant the Soundgarden is 3 times maybe four times the size of taste, if taste restaurant, holds 150 people that’s a lot…. So please try and stop the Hype Bullshit.

And Like Brian Stated… Soundgarden is an institution in the nightclub seen, hands down and about the DJ the Zacone Dude, Bro this guy rips the club apart and would rip any club apart, the problem is you never see him on these message boards hiding behind 4 different screen names bashing other DJ’s…

Here’s one for ya ASK your Dj’s Where and What Club they’d rather work in.. Or better yet What Sound System they’d like to get behind Dude the club lives up to it’s name, enough already

:hat:

Everyone stop getting insulted because I gave my opinion, Im not knocking any party at all.

Taste just put a brand new sound and lighting system in and it sounds as good as soundgarden does (and metro did). Dom Paris and ernie, are getting more involved and stepping up to bring the place to the next level and make it into a serious lounge. If it's a resturant then why are they not seating Tables past 8:30-9 on saturday anymore? Cause they're focused more on the lunge aspect this year. I took over last year from another promoter when they were doing 50 people a week and brought it to 200 before the summer partues started. Im happy doing 300-400 which would make the place nicely packed not overcrowded. (Are you forgetting about the 2nd level??)

Well anyway good luck at SG guys.... come visit one night at taste just ask 4 me if you do.

"we got 30G in new sound and DJ equip this year too"

Wow that's alot of money, for that kind of money u should get

1) kick ass light show( I know I install lighting) like trackspots or technobeams or studio spots 250's

2) a slammin sound system Eaw or jbl subs, crown amps

Sounds like a bunch of wasted money for the type of party u guys r throwing, meaning loungy enviroment being able to talk to someone without shouting.

It's crown amps and JBL speakers actually, new cd players, (some denon 9000 peice I think he said it was) a new mixer and turntables, stop being a jerkoff I'm speaking to you seriously I don't need you to be a dick.

"stop being a jerkoff I'm speaking to you seriously I don't need you to be a dick".

I wasn't being a dick, I was just stating that for that kind of money spent u should have a kick ass Sound and light show. Also u claim u want to be a lounge, most lounges r low key with not very loud music and not a great light show because it's not dark inside, hense that's why I said it was a waste of money. Little piece of advice for u, u promoters needs to make up your mind, do u guys want to be a club or a lounge. Well enuff with this I'm done with this thread............... Good luck and I'm not being a dick when I say that.

"stop being a jerkoff I'm speaking to you seriously I don't need you to be a dick".

I wasn't being a dick, I was just stating that for that kind of money spent u should have a kick ass Sound and light show. Also u claim u want to be a lounge, most lounges r low key with not very loud music and not a great light show because it's not dark inside, hense that's why I said it was a waste of money. Little piece of advice for u, u promoters needs to make up your mind, do u guys want to be a club or a lounge. Well enuff with this I'm done with this thread............... Good luck and I'm not being a dick when I say that.

The money was spent more on sound, the room has very high cielings (like guastavino's did last year) so the needed to address the sound part seriously, the lights I really don't care about they only put a few new lights.