Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my ferry corsten gripe

weyes

i didn't go to the house of blues gig; i figured it'd be a pain at that venue. i read that a couple of you guys went and really liked his set. was the hob annoying to deal with (parking, traffic, etc.)?

i went to that spundae session that was recorded live, though, and that night there was a sign-up sheet on which the signees' names would be printed in the liner notes of the cd. i think it was really just a ploy to get people to buy the cd, but still kind of a neat idea. my friend did end up buying it.

wack thing, though, is that he says my name isn't in there :( . i wonder if they just cut out a lot of people to save space, and figure that those people will have already bought it by the time they find out their names are missing :no: . not cool, man. i was there, i waited to sign the sheet, i supported ferry just like everyone else. poo, poo, poo :no: .

HOB --- parking is generally good compared to nearby venues (but didnt use the HOB parking).

Staff was cool

Drinks were good

Food at the bar is super cheap and very good - like $2 for a huge thing of special fries.

The light show was nice but not that well done.

The mezzanine (sp) balcony is A+++ but wish more people were upstairs using it and their bar.

And of course, the VIP lounge (foundation room + additional) was realllyyy nice and great funky caribbean-esq music being piped in --- of course, where else did you expect to find LALate but ending up in the VIP Lounge lol .

FYI - ticket office was really nice and a ton of people just bought the $20 ticks on the web and they were fine --- and -- veryyyy nice crowd of people.

I've posted my $0.02 of Ferry @ HOB elsewhere, but thought this deserves another go:

*parking was a pain - probably because I didn't realize they have their own parking lot in the back, and I ended up paying $15 for parking 2 blocks away :mad:

*Crowd was good. Better mix of crowd than at the typical club scene. I'm guessing mainly because these are Ferry supporters, not the once in a blue moon clubbers.

*The main floor is tiny. It got super crowded when Ferry took the stage. But you still get a good view from the sidelines.

*Ferry gets a bonehead award from me because he gave my ticket stub that I asked him to sign, to someone else . But his set made up for it. He's my new trance hero:dj: