Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Years in VEGAS!

FrankieGunz

I was there for New Years eve 00-01. They close the strip to traffic. I stood outside the Venetian. Everyone was REALLY nice, not crowded at all. You can drink where ever, they sold champagne on the side walks and best of all, I had on a fleece and I wasn't the slightest bit cold.

The only down part, is that there really wasn't any sort of countdown to midnight.

I know people that live there, and since there are so many east costers that have relocated there, supposedly they do a countdown @ 9pm there when it's midnight EST.

I didn't even attempt any clubs on NYE, but the night before we tried a few and the lines were RIDICILOUS. 2-3 hours wait and to cut the line, they were asking 20-100 per person. Too much when there were 20 of us.

It was definitely a good time. I'm mad my friends booked for the beginning of December rather than NYE.

Originally posted by kikilicious

I booked a trip for new years and will be staying at mandalay bay.... but my bf & I recently broke up and we dont know what to do with the tickets.... you think i should keep them or give them to him? advice people

take me with you

Originally posted by kikilicious

I booked a trip for new years and will be staying at mandalay bay.... but my bf & I recently broke up and we dont know what to do with the tickets.... you think i should keep them or give them to him? advice people

thats a toughie..it all depends if ur still friends with him...but if not i would take on eof ur home girls and party the town up...but if u are ..its VEGAS u never know what can happen :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just read an article about NYE in Vegas. It looks like Mardi Gras. So fellas, don't forget to bring your beads for the ladies.

...And ladies, don't forget to show Frankie Gunz your boobies! I think I will get beads that go by breast size. The bigger the breastisis, the bigger the beads.

• 4 weeks later...

Fremont Street Experience

Celebrate New Year's Eve Vegas style on Wednesday, December 31st, 2003 when the Fremont Street Experience transforms into the world's biggest dance party. Enjoy five city blocks rockin all night long with entertainment on two stages, an awesome Dance Party light and sound show, food & drink specials, confetti falling from the canopy and party favors galore.

The entertainment lineup includes headline acts WAR and The Trammps. Headliners will perform on two stages from 10:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. Opening acts Love Shack and the Dazz Band perform from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Entertainment on the platforms will perform from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. DJ Sugar Cube Forrest and DJ Benny will spin after midnight until 2:00 a.m. The 80's Station, Star 102.7fm, will broadcast live from the Fremont Street Experience New Year's Eve celebration from 6:00 p.m. until Midnight.

The New Year's Eve Bash includes a Dance Party light and sound show displayed on the Fremont Street Experience canopy of 2.1 million lights with 550,000 watts of concert-quality sound. The grand finale features a countdown to 2003 with a spectacular confetti display under the Fremont Street Experience canopy.

Gates open at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 31st and the party goes all night long. Tickets are $35 per person. Tickets will also be available New Year's Eve at 5 convenient ticket gate locations on the Fremont Street Experience pedestrian mall. New Year's Eve at the Fremont Street Experience The Party is Definitely ON!

Las Vegas Strip

To Be Announced

Shows in Las Vegas

For Wednesday December 31, 2003

__

Aladdin

Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts For more information call 702-785-5000

Styx / REO Speedwagon__ 8:00pm Tickets $78.75, $89.25, $105.00 & $131.25 +tax & fee. __Book This Show

__

Flamingo LV

Reservations 733-3333

Flamingo Showroom

Club Flamingo__Entertainment by Guest DJ's 10:00pm to 3:00am VIP - Includes Hot and Cold Hors D©ˆoeuvres, beer/wine, champagne toast, call brand liquor, party favors, tax and gratuity. GENERAL ADMISSION - includes party favors and tax. 10:00pm Tickets VIP $100.00 +tax & fee; General admission $50.00 +tax & fee.

Eldorado Ballroom

Dinner / Dance Party__Includes gourmet dinner, champagne toast, a premium host bar, party favors, tax and gratuity. Must be 21 years of age to attend. Entertainment provided by Rockfield Drive, a versatile 5 piece band, 8:00pm -<caron> 1:00am. 8:00pm Tickets $150.00 +tax & fee.

__

Golden Nugget

For more information 702-386-8100

Theatre Ballroom

Martin Nievera__ Special New Year's Eve performance 8:00pm Tickets $75.00 includes one drink and party favors. __Book This Show

__

Hard Rock

Call for music update 702-226-4650 or 800-HRD-ROCK

The Joint

Metallica__ 10:00pm Tickets $300.00 & $500.00 +tax & fee. __Book This Show

__

Mandalay Bay

Information & Reservation 702-632-7580

Mandalay Bay Theatre

Mamma Mia!__Special New Year's Eve Performance. 9:00pm Tickets $75.00 & $100.00 plus tax & fee. Includes champagne toast. __Book This Show

House Of Blues

Goo Goo Dolls__ 9:30pm Tickets $75.00, $100.00 & $125.00 __Book This Show

__

MGM Grand

Call MGM One-Stop at 891-7777 or 800-929-1111

Hollywood Theatre

David Copperfield__ 4:00pm Tickets $79.90 +fee / 7:30pm Tickets $97.00 +fee / Special 10:30pm New Year's Eve show that includes unlimited drinks or champagne, a balloon drop and party favors Tickets $150.00 +fee.

__

New York-New York

Show information: 740-6815

ZUMANITY Theatre

ZUMANITY__Special New Year's Eve Performances. 7:00pm & 10:00pm Tickets $150 Duo Sofas (Sold in Pairs), $125 Love Seats (Sold in Pairs), $125 Theatre Seats, $100 Cabaret Stools. Includes one specially signed Zumanity Program, Party Favors and One Split of Champagne. __Book This Show

__

Riviera

Reservations 477-5274 Information 794-9433

Splash Theatre

Splash__ Special New Year’s Eve performance 10:00pm - 11:30pm Tickets $100.00 includes either 2 drinks or a split of champagne AND party favors. __Book This Show

__

Stardust

For more information call 702-617-5577

Wayne Newton Theater

Wayne Newton__Special New Year's Eve Show 10:30pm Tickets $75.00 +tax __Book This Show

__

Suncoast

For more information call 702-636-7075

Suncoast Showroom

Connie Stevens__ 7:30pm Tickets $39.95, $44.95 & $54.95+tax & fee. __Book This Show

New Year's Eve Gala__featuring The Vincent Falcone Orchestra. Dinner & Show Package. Doors open 8:00pm Tickets $129.95+tax & fee.

__

The Orleans

Orleans Ballroom

New Year's Gala Ball__Dinner & Show Package. Doors Open 7:30pm Tickets $139.00

__

Treasure Island

Information reservations 894-7722 or 800-392-1999

Mystère Theatre

Mystère__special New Year’s Eve performances. 6:30pm & 9:30pm Tickets $125.00 includes champagne, party favors and a Mystère souvenir program. __Book This Show

• 2 weeks later...

was ther for nye '02

was like 50-60 degrees (which is good just going out) but...a bit chilly when outside all nite on the eve (all the hotel pools are closed)

can definately drink on the strip (year round i believe)

didn't see anyone flahing for beads...no mardi gras party

scribbles was playing at rain on nye....but i really don't like him, so just hung on the strip

best nite was the 30th...the company that runs the "pimp and ho" parties, threw a red ,white and rubber party. (club rubber) lots of dressed up pimp and ho's in the above colors. i think they usually throw a party like it on new years weekend. check their site for info

almost got whiplash from all the hotties there that weekend:)