Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want for Christmas!!!!!!!!

markusschulz

Guest brwneydtrouble

From what I am guessing, you put the CD in there, and the rest of it is to be used like a regular turntable.....allowing you to speed up and slow down the CD manually with your fingers like you do with a record??

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by markusschulz

Exactly. I keep wanting to play with it onmy comp screen. Sweet!

What does one of those retail for?

It'll be around a grand I'm assuming.

One of the standout features is it's ability to take SD cards and manipulate the audio data on them as well...with SD cards rapidly gaining more capacity than a CD, it's a definite good thing that they included an SD slot.

The platter part spins around much like a record, the motor is from the SL-1200 even to approximate the feel. Specs are hard to come by at the moment, but I imagine it'll be the usual...RCA outs, S/PDIF digital output, fits comfortably in a turntable enclosure in any standard DJ booth. Sample and looping features are there, too.

The product will be making it's debut on Monday at PLASA.

Originally posted by markusschulz

Its a CD player, and the platter spins just like a turntable, so you can mess with all your cds like if they were on vinyl. Thats just one of the features. I also heard it has effects right inthere too.

SPACE has those CD Players already in the patio. :jawdrop:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMFG!!! That's got to be the sweetest piece of equipment I've seen!!!!

I can only imagine what they will sell for... If regular turntables from technics are pricey, get ready to give an eye and a half for these! :(

When Technics ventures onto this market, u kust know a new era is upon us...

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

i've been hearing bout something coming out from Technics...but i had no idea it would be something like this!

All you gear heads...have you heard about the Numark decks...

supposedly it is a similar idea but it can still play vinyl

like a TTX1 with a built in CD player and FS technology

I can't wait for what is coming out...it'll probly hit the market hard after the SEMA show in Vegas in November...which i will be spinning at this year.

SS

Guest saleen351

yo marcus, i heard the mixer that they use at space is not a good mixer compared to a uri(sp)

but they don't make the uri anymore, so the old ones are big bucks and people referbish them and sell them on ebay for big dollars.... word is Danny T only uses the uri...

is this true?

the old uri's are or have been an industry standard, especially in the club invironment for many years. The major reason is that it was superbly CLEAN. Uri was a company that only manufactured extremely high quality studio recording gear, later became Universal Audio (UA) and now owned and licensed by Mackie.

This is high quality gear engineered and designed for the best by the best. They lack alot of features thats why you see them used today with external band eq's on each channel for freq. sweeping and external efx processors. But at the time they were out, they were definitely at the peak of technology. Crobar uses one and almost every big club uses them due to there cleanliness and the fact that i metioned above...they are industry standard...just like finding 1200's in the booth...again industry standard...and of course house dj's absolutely love the rotary controls to mix and tweak! one more thing is that the circuitry gave the sound a slight compression, giving that extra luster that you can get from a uri and have an even consistent sound.

i use uri & ua gear in the studio i work at and they are all extremely expensive because they are all vintage and highly sought after...if you find one BUY IT!

SS

Guest saleen351

cool, my buddy said, if i find one, i'll make a couple thousand on ebay with no problem but he'll know 50 people that would buy it in a heart beat.... he also said the same about the clean sound.... has one in his house as well... said there is no comparison, it's the best there is....