Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Patriots

stymie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no dude. the sox losing a close game and the pats losing game one of the season is definitely the worst day EVER in New England sports history.

i also heard that the Medford High Volleyball Team lost on a final set volley into the stands. Pure heartbreak for all of NE.

Originally posted by flavanugz

next time you should specify what ranking it gets then. if u said, sunday was one of the top 17365 days in new england sports history then it might have had more content.

like when i say something is "THE BEST EVER" I mean it!

best ever - worst ever - what ever. It was horrible.

the paw sox made the finals

PAWSOX BEAT LYNX & ADVANCE TO GOVERNORS' CUP FINALS!

September 7, 2003

(Pawtucket, RI) - The PawSox rebounded from two difficult losses to beat the Ottawa Lynx 3-1 Sunday night and advance to the Governor's Cup Finals with the victory.

Pawtucket won the best-of-five series three games to two, and did it with great pitching. Jorge de la Rosa and Dicky Gonzalez combined on a three-hitter, shutting down a potent Ottawa offense. Gonzalez was spectacular and earned the win, going 4.2 perfect innings to finish the game. He retired the final 14 Lynx hitters.

Lou Collier smacked a home run and Kelly Dransfeldt had a two-run double to break a 1-1 tie that gave Pawtucket the win.

The PawSox will have a chance for their first Governors' Cup since 1984. They'll open up the Finals in Durham as they play the Bulls Tuesday night at 7:00 pm. Games three through five will be at McCoy Stadium Thursday through Saturday night.