Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Atlas - Compass Error (Hisham's GPS breaks mix)

obby

Here is my track of the week:

New york native, Hisham Samawi, has definately done the original justice and even added something new to Atlas' famous track, Compass Error. The track starts with an inticing percussive groove and throbbing bassline. Broken beats are the order of the day here people, and as the beats fly left and right, filtered hits glide into the song. Spacey pads float and twist around the bassline until the timeless vocal is introduced. A soft melody is teased around the room until the track breaks down.

The breakdown allows the vocal to be used to it's fullest and once it's started it's loop, the bass, percussion and every other element in the track build and build until the track explodes with a flurry of beautiful pads and hits. This is breaks at it's best.

A great remix of a great original. If you missed the original Compass Error, Hisham's mix definately makes up for it. Don't miss it twice...

Sample here.

http://secure.globalbeats.com/store/ram.php?ram=25914

OBBY

www.soturecords.com

attachment.php?postid=1316686

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by meng

THAT'S THE BADDEST BREAKBEAT RECORD I FOUND AT GROOVEMAN LAST WEEK!! Thanks, Carla. ;)

You jerk, you showed it to me but didn't let me hear it!!

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by meng

It's mine!!.....all MINE!!!!:D

Thats it, is official. We can't go buy records together again.....its WAR.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Thats it, is official. We can't go buy records together again.....its WAR.

Now no need to get all feisty here kids... There are enough goodies for everyone! :D :D :D

When r u coming back? Got some SIIIICK tunes today... Compass Error included... ;) (Cowbells coming soon.) Come by tomorrow if you can.

Nice to see the usuals CPers in the house. :)

Yeah...Sean can be a record Nazi at times...

I remember the last time we went shopping together...

He started out looking in the progressive section and I went to the breaks section....After I got through like one column of records...he comes along and starts looking through the breaks from the right side and began moving left....

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here pulling records for him out of the breaks stacks that I think he'd like and he's pulling shit taunting me with wax he thinks he's discovered. After we get through the breaks, he then goes back to the straight beat section to continue looking at the straights. At any rate... the breaks tracks he got ended up being all my suggestion and all wax I had been already playing for at least a month or so:tongue:

Thanks to Jackie, I now know it was nothing personal

heeheeheeheehee

Point being...when going shopping with Meng...bring a helmet;)

Just razzin' Sean!!!

Felipe

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

Yeah...Sean can be a record Nazi at times...

I remember the last time we went shopping together...

He started out looking in the progressive section and I went to the breaks section....After I got through like one column of records...he comes along and starts looking through the breaks from the right side and began moving left....

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here pulling records for him out of the breaks stacks that I think he'd like and he's pulling shit taunting me with wax he thinks he's discovered. After we get through the breaks, he then goes back to the straight beat section to continue looking at the straights. At any rate... the breaks tracks he got ended up being all my suggestion and all wax I had been already playing for at least a month or so:tongue:

Thanks to Jackie, I now know it was nothing personal

heeheeheeheehee

Point being...when going shopping with Meng...bring a helmet;)

Just razzin' Sean!!!

Felipe

Oh Felipe, you're always a step ahead of me when it comes to records! golly! :laugh:

Guest brwneydtrouble

I'm gonna have to break out the Kung Fu on his ass when we go again.....

Carla, I already reached my max, I have spent $150 on just a little over a week....and I have no job. *LOL* I will be back in two weeks hopefully just to buy some more records. I DO want to get the Momu, when you get that one in, let me know and I will come down and get it along with Compass Error.

Originally posted by tammytab

hisham has some gigs coming up if you'd like to check him out:

10/30 - New York, NY: Dirty Gringos Cowbell Release Party at Filter 14

10/04 - New York, NY: Dirty Gringos location TBA

10/02 - Chicago, IL: TBA

09/27 - Charlotte, NC: Perfect at Mythos

stay tuned to www.nativetheory.com for details and additional dates.

Hisham may be getting a suntan pretty soon too... :shades:

:eek::D