Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deficit question

i'm pretty sure (abt 90%) that the projected surplus was in the neighborhood of 1 trillion or so

thanks to bush, tho, we now have a deficit of several hundred billion dollars.

it is true that the economy was taking a turn for the worse when he came in to office, but his actions only exacerbated the situation, so i still think he deserves a good deal of the blame.

Originally posted by anotherway83

thanks to bush, tho, we now have a deficit of several hundred billion dollars.

it is true that the economy was taking a turn for the worse when he came in to office, but his actions only exacerbated the situation, so i still think he deserves a good deal of the blame.

Thanks to Bush????...Did you remember a little thing called 9/11 and its overall impact on the economy?......Or perhaps you just want to discount this is with your economic wisdom

You mention the economy was struggling when Bush took office...How about it was a fucking trainwreck to be more clear...

An inherited terrible economy and then 9/11, and its Bush's fault......brilliance.....you must be proud

Those crying about deficits and spending...was there really a choice after 9/11, and the costs of national security....do you think a Dem President would have done something different--in other words, not take the appropriate actions and spending to defend the country and protects its citizens (first priority of the govt) in order to prevent a deficit ......thank God then that Bush is in office..

Has tax cuts in a time of war added, of course....but only time will tell for the long term economic growth prospect...

And furthermore genius, the economy is showing its first real signs of stabilizing and building a foundation for growth...so what exactly are you crying about--that you did not put your money in the stock market a year ago and made 25%+

Originally posted by igloo

Thanks to Bush????...Did you remember a little thing called 9/11 and its overall impact on the economy?......Or perhaps you just want to discount this is with your economic wisdom

You mention the economy was struggling when Bush took office...How about it was a fucking trainwreck to be more clear...

An inherited terrible economy and then 9/11, and its Bush's fault......brilliance.....you must be proud

Those crying about deficits and spending...was there really a choice after 9/11, and the costs of national security....do you think a Dem President would have done something different--in other words, not take the appropriate actions and spending to defend the country and protects its citizens (first priority of the govt) in order to prevent a deficit ......thank God then that Bush is in office..

Has tax cuts in a time of war added, of course....but only time will tell for the long term economic growth prospect...

And furthermore genius, the economy is showing its first real signs of stabilizing and building a foundation for growth...so what exactly are you crying about--that you did not put your money in the stock market a year ago and made 25%+

My intentions were not to be misconstrued as crying, complaining, etc. I was merely posing the question because I wanted a concrete answer. I have just been hearing a wide range of figures being thrown around and quite filter whats reliable or not. Thanks anyways. Oh and where are you getting this 25% return figure, because last I have read or researched showed finding an investment at even 12% right now is impossible in the U.S. I could be wrong though...

Originally posted by starvingartist

My intentions were not to be misconstrued as crying, complaining, etc. I was merely posing the question because I wanted a concrete answer. I have just been hearing a wide range of figures being thrown around and quite filter whats reliable or not. Thanks anyways. Oh and where are you getting this 25% return figure, because last I have read or researched showed finding an investment at even 12% right now is impossible in the U.S. I could be wrong though...

definetly wrong..

Oh and where are you getting this 25% return figure, because last I have read or researched showed finding an investment at even 12% right now is impossible in the U.S. I could be wrong though...

he meant when the market was "UP" not what it is now...but lately its been gaining....so u never know...

Oh and where are you getting this 25% return figure, because last I have read or researched showed finding an investment at even 12% right now is impossible in the U.S. I could be wrong though...

you will always be able to get shit that has high returns in nearly any economy...if you are willing to take on the added risk.

There is opportunity out there...but not for everyone, and not everyone can afford the additional risk.

Just my opinion :)

Originally posted by PFloyd40

nm

Nice work...

Amazing that some of the imbeciles here try to pass themselves off as economists (by blaming Bush), yet have not been watching the markets over the past year, which is very easy.

As usual, they are easily exposed as anti-Bush, biased blowhards with their heads stuck up their ass.