Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2 years from tomorrow - 9/11

vsoto212

In just a few days, our country will come upon the second anniversary of the tragedy of September 11th.

We remember the days that followed and that one evening where we all lit candles by our front doors, on our front lawns, our porches, our decks.

This year, let us join together to show that we will not forget those innocent people that lost their lives that morning. The passengers, the pilots, the people that were working at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Let us join together to show our appreciation for the brave firefighters, police officers and EMT personnel who ran to help others. To show our remembrance, our strength, our resolve and our love of our

country, let's join together again.

On the evening of September 11th, rain or shine, light up the front of your home, your yard, your street, your walkway, your porch, your front steps.

Take time and remember the events of 9/11, how deeply you were moved, scared, touched. Pray that our nation continues the fight on terrorism so that events such as this do not happen again on our soil.

Pass this along and hopefully by 9/11 it will have reached many throughout the USA and perhaps even the world. What a statement to our nation, our neighbors and especially to those lost on that tragic day.

We have not forgotten. Light some candles the evening of September 11th.

God bless everyone on CP.........

victor soto

red carpet promo

Aww, and isn't it sweet that some assholes are choosing to remember this tragedy by suing companies and businesses who were just as caught off guard and lost just as much as the families of the victims. You would think after something like this, people would appreciate what life is really about and stop trying to place blame on innocent people for actions that nobody could have prevented. Greedy ass mofo's...

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2002/06/06/suits/index_np.html

Originally posted by lizard23

Aww, and isn't it sweet that some assholes are choosing to remember this tragedy by suing companies and businesses who were just as caught off guard and lost just as much as the families of the victims. You would think after something like this, people would appreciate what life is really about and stop trying to place blame on innocent people for actions that nobody could have prevented. Greedy ass mofo's...

I know , right. People have the nerve these days.

victor soto

Originally posted by lizard23

that's their decision. Maybe they truly believe that if the airlines had better security measures and fortified the cockpit door more, than this wouldn't have happened. I don't personally feel that way and I hate waiting in the airport but you can't judge those people.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

R.I.P. Girl....we miss you

avatar.php?userid=40498&dateline=1000146167

blueangel

Club Mistress

Last Post 09-11-2001 08:30 AM

I'm lighting a candle to

float in the Tiber for Casey

and every person lost in

this tradgedy..If you all want to

see how we all came together that

day in here do a search..It's amazing

how the "Old schoolers" of CP

reached out to find each other..

one by one..

until we realized one of our own,

a great girl and a light of this community

was lost. My heart goes out to all of us that

lived through this..and all the families

that lost many many loved ones.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

R.I.P. Girl....we miss you

avatar.php?userid=40498&dateline=1000146167

blueangel

Club Mistress

Last Post 09-11-2001 08:30 AM

wow thats so god damn freaky...i swear i dont know anyone on this board but that really hits home....i remember that day like it was yesterday and believe it or not i had nightmares about it last night....God bless everyone who passed on that day....and i hope that people dont forget this day like Americans typically throw things in the past...theres not 1 day i wake up in the morning and forget that day and thank god im still around...so much to say about this but lets leave it at that...God Bless America as well

Not a day goes by that I don't think about that day.. I worked on Fulton Street just down the street from the World Trade Center. I was in the subway in the Trade Center station just 45 minutes before the first tower was attacked. I was outs outside watching the first tower on fire.. I turned my head and I heard a sound like windows cracking - that was actually the 2nd plane starting to break apart becuase of the high speed it was travleing and then I heard the crash and saw the fire ball... People raced down Fulton Street as I froze.. A secreatry in my office had to actually grab me and we ran into a bar just outside the Sea Port. It was in the bar that news reported it was not accidental but an attack... At that moment I just thought the news was over reacting I was schocked - who would do that... My co-workers met up on Water Street I took my bag ( my bag still has the stains from teh dust and debris that was in the air) and my cell phone and headed toward the Brooklyn Bride.. Living in Staten Island there was no way to get home... I decided to go to my grand parents about a 10 mile hike - I remeber helping 2 woman climb a divider to get on the bridge and how people were talking and joking no knowing the s*****ty of what had happened.. As I stepped off teh bridge into Brooklyn I heard a small crash and a woman behind me was screaming that the Tower was gone .. I looked back and just saw smoke.. I just figured the tower was behind that smoke.. As I walked through Brooklyn I decided to go to my old High School which would be less of a walk. I asked a guy next to me who had a head set on what he had heard and he said that the Pentagon was hit.. I thought he was nuts.. It was at that point I started praying... I was also getting covered in dust that was in the air from the towers... After walking approx 7 miles I goto to my old High School where I learned that both Towers were down... And old favorite teacher of mine gave lived in Staten Island and he gave me a ride home...I had a lot of famoily in Manhattan that day - Thank God they all made it home safe... I also had 5 freidns that are Firemen - they were all off duty at the time of attacks and Thank God none of them were injured.. I spoke to my boss that night who is also a cousin of mine I told her I am not sure when I will return to work.. I quit my job two days later and have not been back to Manhattan since September 11, 2001

I still have nightmares of that day..

On this the 2nd Anniversary I thank God for getting me and my family out of there alive. I pray for all the people who were lost and there families... And I pray for world peace and that life gets back to close to normal becuase i know life will never be exactly the same agin

God Bless You All & May God Protect Us All !!!