Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When you make your promo cd....

teamcasbah

do you just record a whole mixed session onto your computer, then divide up the tracks from that one huge recorded track ?

or do you computer generate the whole cd from sound files on your computer ?

just looking to put together my 1st cd mix, so any help would be appreciated.

i have sound forge 6.0 at my disposal, and also my dj equipment.

just wondering what's the BEST way to get a perfect mix

thanks

tony

Originally posted by teamcasbah

do you just record a whole mixed session onto your computer, then divide up the tracks from that one huge recorded track ?

or do you computer generate the whole cd from sound files on your computer ?

just looking to put together my 1st cd mix, so any help would be appreciated.

i have sound forge 6.0 at my disposal, and also my dj equipment.

just wondering what's the BEST way to get a perfect mix

thanks

tony

record your mix live in one shot. then eq it using sound forge. after, write up a cue sheet to separate the tracks.

don't computer generate your cd unless u seriously have skills. if you get booked, and don't play up to the skill level of the demo, then it makes u look terrible.

Originally posted by pangelid

record your mix live in one shot. then eq it using sound forge. after, write up a cue sheet to separate the tracks.

don't computer generate your cd unless u seriously have skills. if you get booked, and don't play up to the skill level of the demo, then it makes u look terrible.

I agree with this...

U should shine on the cd like u normally would live so that it represents you, not a computer generation you (which lets be honest, serious editing even helps the best DJ sound TOO flawless).

What I do is do my whole set in one shot and record it into the computer via sound forge.

If u feel that any minor editing needs to be done afterwards, you can always go into sound forge and do what you got to do. Then you can do your eq-ing and what not (if u want to add filtering, whatever) after that as well.

To seperate the track ID's in sound forge you just have to make each track's starting point to end point a region, and then you can extract each region as it's own file. Once that's done you just have to go to whatever burning program you use and line them (each region) all up one after another.

I don't know if that was more than u needed, but hope that helps :)

Originally posted by pangelid

agree with u soooo much on this one, i actually dont even use my comp when i record my mixes got a cd recorder just for this reason