FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21

MAURO PICOTTO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:puke: :puke: :puke:

God, I feel worse than flavanugz at Pravda after reading that. Awful... absolutely, positively awful.

Avalon NYC gets Burridge and H-Foundation 9/26... we get Tall Paul. I want to smack the Boston booking people. Assholes.

At least we get NYC's riff-raff on Thursdays again. They should seriously just go back to the way it was. Start-up Chrome on Thursdays like they used to have it. I know I'm stepping on some toes saying that, but Chrome was the best night Boston has probably ever had. Best Vibe, Best DJs, and it all felt sneaky cuz' you were partying your ass off on a Thursday night.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

: They should seriously just go back to the way it was. Start-up Chrome on Thursdays like they used to have it. I know I'm stepping on some toes saying that, but Chrome was the best night Boston has probably ever had. Best Vibe, Best DJs, and it all felt sneaky cuz' you were partying your ass off on a Thursday night.

I couldn't agree more, seriously, IMO the best night Boston has had in such a long time!!!!

Originally posted by xlr8ted

I couldn't agree more, seriously, IMO the best night Boston has had in such a long time!!!!

When did you go to Chrome? I went from Fall/Winter of 2000 up until they killed the night (stop putting money into it, stopped booking talent, started just having residents, then bitched and moaned when people didn't show :rolleyes: )

I had just moved to Boston, had my new job, but usually didn't have to go to work on Thursdays. This is how I'd end up going:

Flavanugz: "What are you doing tonight?"

Me: "I don't know, nothing."

Flavanugz: "Cool, you're going to see Saeed and Palash."

Me: "Who are they?"

Flavanugz: "You're going to Saeed and Palash."

Me: "Cool"

-- and the rest is history. Saw so many good acts there... never had so much fun in Boston.

Right about that time, I was just slowing down on going out, and pretty much just went out on Thursdays, b/c Axis was the only club getting good International DJs... The old setup of Axis was sooo much better than now.. It was dark, dirty and grimy..... I used to head to Conn alot of the Coloums of Knowledge shows in Hartford and whatnot, I hated clubs and what they stood for,... now its even worse... Still into the music, and go out every once in a while when someone good comes around, or to the Roxy(ya I know) for a friends b-day here and there... But i'm hooked on mowing and hedge clipping, so clubbing is @ a minimum.

Right about that time, I was just slowing down on going out, and pretty much just went out on Thursdays, b/c Axis was the only club getting good International DJs... The old setup of Axis was sooo much better than now.. It was dark, dirty and grimy..... I used to head to Conn alot of the Coloums of Knowledge shows in Hartford and whatnot, I hated clubs and what they stood for,... now its even worse... Still into the music, and go out every once in a while when someone good comes around, or to the Roxy(ya I know) for a friends b-day here and there... But i'm hooked on mowing and hedge clipping, so clubbing is @ a minimum.

Get down to arc (if you don't mind the afterhours scene).

:puke: :puke: :puke:

God, I feel worse than flavanugz at Pravda after reading that. Awful... absolutely, positively awful.

Avalon NYC gets Burridge and H-Foundation 9/26... we get Tall Paul. I want to smack the Boston booking people. Assholes.

At least we get NYC's riff-raff on Thursdays again. They should seriously just go back to the way it was. Start-up Chrome on Thursdays like they used to have it. I know I'm stepping on some toes saying that, but Chrome was the best night Boston has probably ever had. Best Vibe, Best DJs, and it all felt sneaky cuz' you were partying your ass off on a Thursday night.

Same people booking:laugh: :laugh:

Is it full of shady people?

Yes. Usually I only get stalked by two or three people ;) Good time though - sweet system and they get alot of good dj's - preferable to head out of boston at 10pm - get there at 2am and drive back at 8:30am when the club closes.

I know, that's why I'm pissed. Give all the talent to NYC, who gives a fuck about the schmucks in Boston :mad:

I would NOT recommend Arc to any jaded clubber. I would however, HIGHLY recommend Stereo in Montreal. It is what Arc wishes it could be.

Well they are gonna be pumping soooooo much into NY and LA, so Boston will easily be on the back burner.

I am going out to LA this fall too