Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha, Oct 18 In Miami

arturoantunes

Wow, looks like Sasha is just the tip of the Iceberg here....

(btw- thx for the link eric.. i ran a quick google query yesterday and couldnt find much info about the fest so i didnt post...)

Seems to me like it def wont be a regular set; I mean if you look at the rest of the lineup, Unless they have like 3 stages, sasha would be on for about 30 mins MAX. lol Regardless, I'll prolly be there...

For anyone who knows about Latin Rock, or just basically the music scene in latin america, you can def say we are witnessing a HUGE convergence of the best of the best the region has to offer. The roll of sasha there...?? well, they say he's the number 1 and all, but i just cant see his style going along with the crowd who'll be there for the Rock part of it... at least the airdrawndagger style; but I will be more than glad to check it out, tho... I'm sure he will accomodate...

Roger sanchez, bleh! whatever.. hes cool and all, but i guess he sortof fits right along the lines for the event... MAW: Like their remixes, but never really digged that style.. i mean i have 2 of their cd's and can never go thru 1 whole one...

I have personally been awaaay from the rock music scene for ages now, but I used to be a huge fan back in the day.. I Saw Soda Stereo Live in Caracas on their last tour as a band, and they were one of the most influential bands on this hemisphere for the 'Rock en Español' phenomenon... so Cerati should be Intersting, very vanguard sounds in his vocal ambeintal rock... Aterciopelados is always a good time.. very very cool funk alternative rock.. almost classic now.. (damb im getting old!:laugh: ) ... From mexico, we will be getting, in my opinion, the Most interesting part of the event, that I think could go along with the DJ's and the elec./dance aspect... Kinky and the Nortec Collective have been huge pioneers of bringing these two worlds together... I'm sure all those guys are thrilled to share stage w Sasha on the same event... I bet hes been one of their big influences.... Superlitio, I've never heard, but according to their descriptiuon, blend jungle, dnb w latin beats... who knows...

Ariel Baund, Stingray, and Raul campos.. spinning some tunes and working the decks, each one w their own style.... Some representation on the turntable side of the event....

Also the boys of Soniko, who are a local band that seem to have quite a decent following... always openeing for the genre's biggest players whenever they play in Miami....

SO... looks like this should be an interesting one.. like I said, for anyone who is familiar to the latin american music scene.. also for those with an open mind and a good appreciation for music... I think this type of event couldn't happen anywhere else than in Miami... not even LA i wouldn't think.. being that it is so far from so. america.. usually everything on the west coast that is spanish=mexican..... but i will more than likely be in attendance... I dont know when does the summer officially end, but this is def the type of big fest that would be typical of the season.... Looks like they got this one right in time before the fall.

kinda lengthy pre-view, but i thought i'd share that w ya...

Anybody else checkin this event out???

Peace!!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Is no surprise for me to see this type of convergence of Latin Rock and Electronic Dance, since in South America Latin Rock is almost the style of enyone.. people down there aprecciate better music then here, and regardless of the style. So it will be easy to find people that like both electronic and latin rock. No surprise to see Sasha, he is one of the most well known DJ's in latin america, in fact, he's one of those DJ's that has done a huge amount of tours down there. I hoped to have seen Molotov, I just love this group, and it would have brought alot of vibe.. eitherway, it should be good. Im still in doubts if I should go or not, guess its all depending on the $$$$