Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what to do in FL 20th-26th

rocksteadyct

I am going on vacation, and i need some guidance!

I am 21, but I will be with someone that is 18.

I would like to find some DnB, but not counting on it.

What is going on during this period, any weeklys or one offs i should check out? I am especially intrested in the rave scene, but glizty clubs are fine too.

I def would apprecitate some help! I will be staying in Orlando, but would like to make an overnight trip to miami.

What is 18+ in miami, and not too dressy? (among my many questions:)

i dunno what goldie plays nowadays (but there are some other pretty good guys in this line up!) , but he's in tampa on the 23rd.. i know this because i fly in to tampa on the 23rd.. i'm not going to this particular party but tampa is about 90 minutes from orlando, a lot closer then miami.. but here's the info incase you are interested... and it IS 18 and up.

Tuesday Septemeber 23rd, 2003

Lee Entertainment, Stateside and Painted Puppy presents:

GOLDIE WITH MC ARMANNI

BAMBOO

CLRH2O

JUNGLEBOY

SCREWFACE

DELANO

NEGATIVE

with MC CLES ONE

Located at: Empire // 7th Avenue // Ybor City

10pm- 3am // 18 and up!

$10 before midnight, $15 after

Arrive EARLY and don't worry about it!

Please No Guest List ... Support This Event!

I however will be in Miami at NERVE on the 26th... for Zabiela.. but that is 21 and up as far as I've been told so you wouldn't be able to bring your friend.

good luck and have a blast.. i know i will

:D

Friday, September 19, Richard Humpty Vission will be in Tampa at the Amphitheater, while over in Orlando on the same night Baby Anne will be at Icon.

Tim Maas is spinning in Miami on the 26th at Corbar, and he'll be in Orlando on the 28th at House of Blues.

Monk of Rabbit In The Moon will be playing at the Amphitheater in Tampa on the 27th.

Good 18+ clubs in Miami? They don't exist.

Originally posted by mizzstress

but Monk is not part of rabbit in the moon anymore.. and hasnt been in quite some time.. Dj Monk _ www.djmonk.com

the only reason i care is because i'm a rabbithead.. so excuse me for butting in..

hehehehe

:)

You're right, but ppl still associate Monk with R.I.T.M., and he's obviously part of the Hallucination crew :)

def gonna see goldie in tampa, thanks!

nothing going on the 24th or 25th?

anyone know anything about this night????

When: Every Monday

Time: 10pm - 2:30am

Price: $4 21+, Ladies 18+ $5

Info: “Orlando's longest running premier Drum 'n Bass weekly†with your residents...

CIRCLE K & MC COLLABORATOR.....

Drink Specials: $2.50 Wells, $2 Bud & Mich Lights. Special Guests Weekly!

does anyone know if they will let 18+ guys in possibly????

Originally posted by pod

Miami's exclusively 21+ for anything decent.

what's with you pod! you are like so anti-under 21, I/O Lounge is very decent, they even have DnB once in a while, and it's 18 and over, so stop hatin' on the young folks, like you feel so old now cause you're like 23 or something

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

def gonna see goldie in tampa, thanks!

nothing going on the 24th or 25th?

anyone know anything about this night????

When: Every Monday

Time: 10pm - 2:30am

Price: $4 21+, Ladies 18+ $5

Info: “Orlando's longest running premier Drum 'n Bass weekly†with your residents...

CIRCLE K & MC COLLABORATOR.....

Drink Specials: $2.50 Wells, $2 Bud & Mich Lights. Special Guests Weekly!

does anyone know if they will let 18+ guys in possibly????

Coinsidence, i was going to tell you about this when i first read your post and you asked for DnB and said you'd be in orlando...

I grew up in orlando and moved to miami about 6 months ago.

i know these guys at alpha very well, as matter of fact i went to high school with them and even did some parties together.

Alpha is a small place with a huge vibe. Kevin(Circle K) definitely knows his DnB and brings in some of the best artists, producers and dj's in the scene. They call themselves the Torque crew and even have put out some tracks of their own. They've had the longest running nights O-town has seen.

I think some other friends of mine will play on monday...Appartus=Stereo Storm Trooper and Glitch...Don't miss this.

You have to understand that mostly anything good in Orlando are small venues that are very intimate but very vibey...it's extremely easy to meet and talk to ppl ...at least compared to miami. We (Orlando) started and headed the rave scene in the states but got hit hard with "anti rave" laws, which then made everything smaller...which was kinda good.

Orlando is a college town so the big clubs cater to that crowd (the dressed up keg parties). Its fun to go to Tabu, Icon, Roxy, Cairo,Wall Street, Antigua and Blue Room, but the music is not always great...cheap drinks and most places will be 18+ for the college crowd. Best thing to do is just club hop, downtown o-town is small and everything is in a 1/2 mile radius all walking distance so check it out.

Bars like Grotto(next to Alpha), Sky Bar, pinestreet(AKA Lounge), zinc and Knock Knock also play house and have live DJ's

Also Timo Mass will be at the house of Blues on sunday

If you're still in orlando on wednesday, PM me and i could help you out as i will be back in orlando from wed to sunday

Mon-Torque crew dNb @ Alpha

Tues- Phat and Jazzy @ The Social Definitely check this out...orlando exclusive...diamond in the rough

Wed- Get drunk anywhere

Thurs- Suggit Crew @ Thee Grotto the best house in o-town...i might even make a guset apparance this night

also Roxy for dumb drunk college chicks-ladies night

Fri- Grotto, Knock Knock then Ybor's...Sky bar and blue room...you really gotta move around on fri nights

hope this helps,

SS:D

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Got an address for this place>?

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

Not off hand, but you have the address for alpha 102 n orange ave

and thee grotto is right next door to the right...

actually they join the chairs and tables outside on the sidewalk together of the two places at night...

so they're practically connected together.

SS

Well i am back in CT now...but thursday night i did end up going to the grotto...but it was tiny! Great music, and cool people but no dancing room! ITs all good though, i eneded up chatting with one of the guys throwing the night (Dieme maybe?) But then i took off and hit up some other places where there was more room to dance :)