Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shopping in Italy......

Mystify

im not a girl but been to italy alot, so im qualified......Milan is the best....stay away from tourist traps like the city center.....Florence has a huge Prada outlet in the next town over, I can't remember the name, ask the conceirge at the hotel.....I went to the armani store in Italy, prices are alright because you can get the tax back by mail....and at the time I went the exchange rate favored the dollar....so just on currency i was getting 20% off...

Originally posted by babbo

prada outlet, is in montevarchi. 45 minutes away from firenze. not one town over lol- dont waste your timgoing there. theres no bargains, lines are long, and the selections stink

Wow thanks for being so positive - you're getting me all excited now :blank:

prada outlet, is in montevarchi. 45 minutes away from firenze. not one town over lol- dont waste your timgoing there. theres no bargains, lines are long, and the selections stink

Yeah, the outlet is nice. There are a few things in town... I personally liked some of the stuff at Motivi right near the Duomo, the problem is that anything you buy near the duomo will automatically have a hugely inflated price tags...

if you're there on a tuesday hit up parco delle cascine and prepare to have a lot of patience - you have to pick a lot but they have some cool stuff in there.

BTW I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! :( :( :(

calm down....hehe...i havent been in italy in a year...bad memory- too much nyc.

it's ok, I never did look at the book my dad laboriously studied every morning

LOL, it's kind of sad, because my parents have been to Italy twice in one year, and are speaking basic italian already. I really depended on them for almost all communication beyond hi, bye, and where is the bathroom! LOL. I think i said the latter the most, :laugh:

about shopping in italy, the leather is UNbelieveable, and very affordable. Everyone in Italy wears these pointy shoes everwhere, so I picked up some suitable for work, but they need to be broken in..I still have blisters :( Actually I prefered to spend my $$ on artwork (my avatar is from Venice, and is on my wall), and Murano Glass. The glass jewelry I couldn't get enough of, so pretty!

my .02 cents

omg GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how i feel ur excitement, got back from italy in July........hott time!!! i kno some great purse shops in Perugia that sell Prada, Dior, Fendi at UNREAL prices. Roma.....i can name a few hott spots that u should hit up, IM me at vixengirly....and ill give u the lowdown, hope u can speak that language b/c alot of times there are no prices on shit b.c they will bargain with u, and remember saturday markets are great for gettin hott trendy shit!!!!! ask ur concierge, gosh i could go on..... Im me girl, ciao:D

Thanks girls for your suggestions!

I just got back last night.....I don't even know where to start. The shopping there was everything I had hoped it would be :D

Rome was filled with great boutiques and tons of high end designer stores - but the prices are so much better over there, plus if you spend more than 150 in one store in one day you get a tax refund back!

Venice and Florence also had great stores, plus leather goods galore.....purses, wallets, jackets, bags, etc!

Among many other things.....my favorite purchase is a Prada purse :D :D