Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez is playing at Avalon in

sfqueen

HOLLYWOOD CA. NOT Avalon in NYC.

Thanks to everyone who attended our 1st annual Labor day party (Launch-LA). It was a big success with over 1400 people attendance.

PURESOUNDS is proud to host JUNIOR VASQUEZ doing an exclusive 6 hr set on 9/19 (friday) @ the NEW AVALON! See it...Hear it...Feel it...

PURESOUNDS is proud to present this long and highly anticipated show for a long time. What else then to celebrate New York's legendary dj/producer JUNIOR VASQUEZ 6hr set on Friday Night at the NEW AVALON. Don't forget to be creative on this Night as Junior Vasquez costume ball will definitely unleash all the ghost and goblins. There will be full dynamic light/visual installation, party favors and giveaways from sponsors, innovative EAW line array sound. The most famous DJ in the world, NYC-based JUNIOR VASQUEZ, has become a legend in his own time. When the Paradise Garage and The Saint both closed in the late 80s, Junior emerged as the singularly most admired and followed DJ in NYC and later, the world. He co-founded the underground Bassline club and the legendary club world venues such as the Tunnel, Twilo, Arena @ Palladium and most recently, Earth (at Exit). No other DJ in the world has held the attention of such a demanding, musically savvy dance floor for over a decade. In addition, to this, he has written, produced and remixed songs for countless recording artists that include Madonna, Cher, Prince, Michael & Janet Jackson, Elton John, Pet Shop Boys, etc. This year he has managed to find the time to produce a numerous chart topping remixes, produce a series of unforgettable parties with record topping attendance's, make numerous (and rare) worldwide appearances.

Avalon

1735 N. Vine st Hollywood, CA 90028

Info: 213-225-5934 or 213-627-4307

doors open @ 11pm-7am, 21+

Get your online tix @

Hard tix also available @

wax records - 7201 melrose ave 323-932-6211

booth7 - 7576 melrose ave 323-651-1373

i was at PLAID on thursday and had one of the worst tme of my life. JUNIOR was ok i cant believe this is the man i heard at TWILO in 99,2000. First off what a terrible excuse of a club i think. And everyone at that party thought they were somebody important. And talking the whole time SHEESH ITS A CLUB wanna talk go home and stay online or talk on the phone. DONT WASTE THE LIMITED SPACE ON THE FLOOR. Also yuck what terrible designs inside. People are bitching and compliainign about WHATS WROGN WITH THE SCENE welli think this is a HUGE PROBLEM. Club owners and designers focus to much on tryting to be the HIPPEST THING and ARTSY type crap. Want a succesfull club But a dancefloor with lightys and speakers THATS ALL, and of course a godd DJ. I mean junior was playing LASGO-SOMETHING cmon, do i even need to comment. Im still disgusted by my night on thurs,thankfully, weds, and sat have made up for it. I met like 3 cool people though.

Originally posted by silverbull

Hey different people like different things. And thats what makes LIFE great sometimes. What did you like about it?

I liked that it was free to get in before 12. The open bar from 10-11 was nice. The place was ok not really a club more of a lonuge.The music i thought was great !Lots of old classics and it was nice to see junior in such a small place. The crowd was more mixed than most nites there. I just had alot of fun lots of the music brought back some old memories.