Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Round of applause to Mr. Danny Tenaglia

djustinh

Originally posted by neptune1

I think we are missing the point a bit, here. I have no doubt that when Danny plays in Ibiza, it is absolutely mind blowing, the crowd, the vibe, and most of all the craziness he brings doing his thing... however, we are the most lucky club-goers in the whole world to have Danny here spinning in NYC (almost) every week! And to say he is just ho-hum is a bit misleading... I grant you he is not always 'mind-blowing', and at Arc nowadays the experience is hit or miss. But when he wants to bring it, even at his weekly residency, he can blow the f*cking roof off the place. Case in point: he stops by Arc on his way up to Montreal to a packed house at Arc and has the entire place dancing and going nuts for 2 hours... dark, twisted tribal, ripped the shit out of a remix of Deeper, lights perfectly in synch, lots of fog at appropriate times - granted, no marathon, but take into account the man was on his way to Montreal and still had it in him to stop by and play for the local crowd at his weekly residency! And the last time he played with S+P was a night to remember as well, not as crowded but a great party nonetheless. To wish Danny would play out of NY more often would be to deprive us of what we are so lucky to have here in NY... A world-class weekly resident that actually has his shit together, and cares about his fans and humanity on top of it all! Personally I cherish those memories of the great times I had at Vinyl, and love it when it feels like that in there once again... and all thanks to the man we are so lucky to have as a weekly resident here in NYC...

That being said, I wish I could make it to Ibiza this friday... gonna be siccccckkkkkkkkkk ;)

Please, I hope I'm not misunderstood. I don't wish DT would leave New York (of course not!!!). I just wish he could get himself really excited to play here again, as if he were somewhere else. That way, Arc would not be so hit and miss as it is now. Danny definitely is one of the best when he is in a good, positive mood.:D