Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Review

Major dissapointment. It seems the hype on this place wore off real fast. Music was weak. Drinks were 14 bucks and tasted like crap. Maybe 3/4 full at best.

Sorry but I was excited for a better party. What was up with all those cops checking ID inside.

THIS PLACE IS CURSED

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i refuse to believe that the place sucked last night...last saturday was amazing...also its the 2nd night the place has been open...with attitudes like that the place will never be good...just cause the music doesnt fit ur liking doesnt mean at all that the place sucks and will never succeed...i guarntee u that the majority of the people were feeling it...now i also can be sure this is just an opinion cause i wasnt there last night...the promotion crew for the friday night party sounded like a bunch of 19 year old retards constantly fighting on the board and shit...saturdays GBH promoters are totally different and have had success at whatever party theyve promoted for years now...maybe u guys should take a page outta their book

Originally posted by joecrack13

...the promotion crew for the friday night party sounded like a bunch of 19 year old retards constantly fighting on the board and shit...

I COMPLETELY agree. I probably would have went to this party until I saw the stupidity and maturity level of the promoters. I figure, if the promoters are whiny catty 14 year olds, what kind of crowd would they bring in? Definitely not my kinda crowd.

Joecrack you are correct the promters are like 19 and they dont have a clue. I am soory bit I will try a new spot on Fridays.

The dance floor is 1/2 the size it use to be so thay could put more VIP tables in. The sound was very low and the Drinks suck and are very expensive.

Worst of all the Cops were there again

I don't know why you guys are so negative, but I had a great time last night... I was getting 7&7's all night and it was $18 for two. And the drinks were pretty good!! go to the blond lady bartender on the main floor...she's friendly and the drinks weren't weak...that's why i kept going back to her. and overall, the people at the door and other staff were courteous.

i thought the music was pretty good...i think the dozens of people that were dancing their butt off around me thought so too. even the music at the beginning of the night was cool. (and i got there early this time darnit...i was NOT going to wait 1.5 hours just to get kicked outa the line by the cops like last weekend :mad:) I'd have to give Burridge my 2 thumbs up...and this was the first time i've ever heard him spin. if the music was no good, it would not inspire me on the dance floor! know what i mean? so i was dancing for a good 4 hours minimum :D

i was happy that they opened up the vip rooms to everyone later on though...i think because it was getting really crowded. funny, i didn't see any cops inside though and i was all over the place.

and why would you base your decision to go to a club or not just because of the promoters??? that's really strange.....don't you go for the music??? sheesh :rolleyes:

i did think that it was kind of stupid to have that vip stage take up a third of the dance floor though...and it was never fully occupied! i'd say that's my only gripe about the place. otherwise, i had a good time ;)

finally people agreeing with me for once instead of tearing me a new asshole...heres the thing...when u got bad promotion ur gonna have limelight turning into the way it was where u have some shit NY DJ who plays KTU crap and ull have mad underaged kids wearing throwback jerseys thinking theyre jiggaman, starting fights and all that hiphop nonsense...please god do not let that happen...i also wish the dance floor was a bit bigger as well...ill be out there tonight for Carl Kennedy, BT and Astro&Glyde...the Saturday crowd is probably more my style anyway but i would definitely not hesistate to go on fridays anyway...like someone said im going for the music not the promoters but also like i said depending on the crowd they bring in will make or break the place

Crowd good ....Music ehhhh...Main floor was a disapoitment. They were playing disco house on the main floor. In my opinion if Avalon wants to be the cutting edge club in NY they should be playing some underground progressive music on the main floor. The lighting was much better compared to Estate though. They need to bring back Tweety Glo for lighting and some real cutting edge music for the main floor. In the beggining of the night when I was drunk I was having a good time. But when the alcohol wore off the fun wore off too.

Originally posted by kutekimee

and why would you base your decision to go to a club or not just because of the promoters??? that's really strange.....don't you go for the music??? sheesh :rolleyes:

Um...I don't care how good the music is, if the crowd sucks, then the vibe sucks, then the party sucks....period.

Imagine this....your favorite DJ is playing, but you are surrounded by 1000 18 year old kids who are all puking all over the place, getting rowdy and starting fights in every corner, bumping into you like its nobody's business.

Yeah, music might be good...but the party still sucks.

I agree with what your saying with the crowd in some ways. Now listen i dont give a fuck who is at the party young or old blue green or yellow as long as they're there for the same reason i am for. The music, bringing in a great vibe along with me and enjoying the greatness of Clubbing to Sick beats. IN my opinion is in clubs like these its a DJ run club. Most clubs in are. IF you want the right people to come you bring the right kind of music. They obviously arent directing there music in one direction. by playing some disco-house and HAVING a hip-hop room. Whatever i think its a nice place to have a club,but it should be a lil more crazy inside its still the same ole limelight i remember. Nothing has really changed DRAMATICALLY in there. They were talking about this place like it was gonna be crazy.