Glow-dc Lineups...

clubglow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dansampson

Hey Moto,

Like i said before, man, apologies if i was a bit harsh. It's easy to misinterpret what people are getting at on msg boards. I am just very passionate about our music and I want to see it flourish in this city. Believe me, it was quite a shock to move here from London to find that dance music was being played virtually nowhere. Bar a few obvious exceptions, there were no clubs playing it, it was NEVER on the radio, NEVER on MTV - i mean, you can walk into Burger King on a Monday morning in London and they'll be playing banging techno :-) , and I (and everyone else, I'm sure) just want to do all I can to make sure that dance music stays alive in this very difficult market.

I understand that a lot of people have complaints about the sound at Insomnia and Pete is working hard to rectify the situation as best he can by constantly tweaking the system week after week.

Very much looking forward to the PvD gig, tho, see you there!

Cheers

Dan

Hey Dan,

No sweat man, it's all good & I know that your intentions were good from the begining. I also wish that the EDM scene was bigger in the US but at the same time, we're somewhat lucky here in DC (at least comparing to most of the country). Still, I understand just how frustrating it can be to promoters/DJ's that try to make this bigger/better.

To me, the sad reality is that most of the country is just interested in Country & Pop music (along w/fuckin' Nascar) & that the EDM scene is completely missunderstood by most (if not all) of the outsiders.

Lookin' FW to seeya @ PVD dude.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i have eaten at Mickey D's in Dublin.. much to my protest. I didn't want to eat there because we were in Ireland and I didn't want to eat something I could easily have at home!

The coca-cola tasted funny! :tongue:

Ok, wasn't directed at you. But think about your meal there and then think about the squished piece o'shit that those high school rejects serve you here... What would you rather have.

AND yes I know there are other options - I hate fast food - but between the the two countries and having Mc D's I'd take Europe any day.

That was the point.

Go cubbies!!!!

Originally posted by sauvee88

Ok, wasn't directed at you. But think about your meal there and then think about the squished piece o'shit that those high school rejects serve you here... What would you rather have.

AND yes I know there are other options - I hate fast food - but between the the two countries and having Mc D's I'd take Europe any day.

That was the point.

Go cubbies!!!!

oh i know the food is better at the fast food places there but I wouldn't say its great! :)

Originally posted by vicman

why the fuck would you eat at a McDonalds in another country? :confused::blown:

if you don't know the language you can learn a lot from a quick stop in the McD's, and you don't have to eat anything. Look at the trash can and learn how to say thank you, look at the price of a Big Mac, and you get a good idea of the exchange rate, listen to the counter person and learn how to say hello, etc... only takes a minute. Some brits I was hanging out with in monte carlo actually told me about this when I backpacked/eurorailed around Europe. was actually helpful a couple of times! :laugh:

Originally posted by vicman

why the fuck would you eat at a McDonalds in another country? :confused::blown:

I lived there - I also traveled for sports to other countries - the only freakin thing quick in a train station is the fast food. Mc D's are all over the place. I wouldn't say I ate there all the time.

I'm simply stating that the fast food is better in Europe because of the quality control.

:blown:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

get ready to see me the happiest you've ever seen me! I love PvD! :D

Its been a little over a month since I saw him last... I'm going through withdrawal :tongue:

Lookin' FW to shake it wif chu chica!... :aright::hoparound

Originally posted by kken

with airfare from dc typically around $300 i'd like to do an extended weekend trip to london and get my swerve on. ;)

Yeah, but once you get there - everything is double the price. No, thank you! i'd rather pay $100 more for airfare and go to Prague or Budapest: cheap, classy, good scene. thinking of doing it this summer on my way to Portugal.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Yeah, but once you get there - everything is double the price. No, thank you! i'd rather pay $100 more for airfare and go to Prague or Budapest: cheap, classy, good scene. thinking of doing it this summer on my way to Portugal.

any of the above sound good to me.