Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how will NV fare now?

Bling

Originally posted by djryano

all wannabe jewness aside, i actually liked going to nv. although it was near-dead, liquid todd had an awesome set opening for oakie. maybe it was dead because everybody and their babysitter was at space for the all-ages night :confused:

Space didn't have an all-ages night that night...it was closed on Friday, and on Saturday it was packed to the rafters. Better promotions, friendlier atmosphere.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by livin42nite

pod I think it was opened that night, had checked out nv that friday night and space was open I think.

Oh yeah, for their hip-hop/latin party...but still it wasn't all-ages at Space that evening.

Originally posted by ogmiami

It's all good, Tony. I just wish that people would have more open minds and open their ears to different stuff. It drives me crazy when Crobar brings in Sasha who plays an amazing set, and the next day I read on the boards that "Sasha sucks." (Sasha is probably the most talented DJ I have ever met. You may not love what he played but SASHA NEVER SUCKS.) And then it's "Crobar sucks now...they don't bring in talent."

There is so much good stuff out there. I respect the opinions of those who like the stuff I don't. Saleen is free to embrace the vocal Jersey house he loves. I'm just glad he loves some form of house. At least he actually goes out and gives other stuff a listen.

I agree.. just keep the faith.. ;) the Saleen part is stretching it a bit. :D

Originally posted by pod

Oh yeah, for their hip-hop/latin party...but still it wasn't all-ages at Space that evening.

Yeah, it was definately all ages, I was standing with the door guys at NV and we saw 14 year olds downing fifths before they got inside, and dad's bringing their 2yr olds because they couldnt find a babysitter. That was on friday, don't know about sat... All I know is that it looked like the line was for NV, but it was a hellofalotta kiddies for space. If oakie was at NV on sat too, how come everyone was at space instead? Thought he was pretty popular down here. Lack of promotion perhaps?

Lack of promotion, plus the fact that yes, Oakie isn't universally adored in the Miami club scene...there's quite a lot of people who went to hear some quality tunes by a far better *local* DJ, then some mediocre bullshit from a guy with an ego problem.

miami ban on oakie. lol no j/k but if it tickles your pickle, then do whatever. as for og's comments, it took me about 30 minutes to read them all. you have alot to say and i must say wisdom comes with age. you are completely ight about crobar and the audience, along with the whole scene. i know because i am one of those that questioned crobar for not bringing in 'amazing talent' anymore. it was in 99 until 01 that the scene was at its peak. i couldnt remember a time when i wanted to be 21 so badly. now i find myself in the same predicament for zabiela! regardless, i know i speak for all of us that are too young to get into nerve, jazid, luna or any other club that has amazing talent (local & international) when i say that you have our support. unfortunately for us, we cant contribute in the only way that helps, and that is the 'almighty dollar.'